We Can Do Better!

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
In a few short days of us focusing on our posting fundamentals, we saw of what we as a posting team are capable. Borgen, Peterson and Mittelstadt all joined the ranks, and HF was infused with optimism. Yes, we suffered a setback when the Sabres played a game, but we have had a taste of what it is to play the posting game like true champions. True champions, however, bring this level of commitment not for days or weeks, giving higher percentage effort than is mathematically possible, but every time they hit the keyboards.
C’mon posters, our time is now! Let’s get Olofsson today!

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
All in all I think the Sabres board did a pretty good job this season. Maybe we've just put each other on ignore and self flagellate in our loneliness?
Not to get all teary eyed but I've enjoyed the gameday threads a lot more than the actual games and without this community it would be pretty boring to follow Sabres from distance. I don't have much hope of the team improving enough to sniff the playoffs next year, but I hope to see some development. Kind of what we wanted to see in the 2015/16 season. How depressing is that?

Anyways, I thought it best to deliver some awards for other posters this season:

Selke Trophy - Chainshot
Oh boy, could this year have been a forum disaster without some leadership? Chainshot has skillfully been shutting down the worst outbreaks on the forum while still allowing room for enough bickering a negativity to keep us going. If purgatory exists, his effort this season will look great on the curriculum if applying for a job there during the afterlife.

Lady Byng - Aladyyn
Remember how he defended Sam Reinhart? Almost being sort of obsessive, scratch that. Being totally obsessive about Reinhart and defending him through the worst struggles? Yeah? Now, do you remember him gloating after Sams' great turnaround? Nope. At least not as much as he could've. A true sportsman doesn't need to gloat when the opposition is trashed.
So, Aladyyn you're the knight in shining armor of 17/18. Congrats!

Bill Masterton - brain_griffin
To be the voice of reason and correct fallacies on a hockey forum while avoiding to come across as a condescending pr*ck is an art form that only a select few masters. During these hard times brain_griffin has truly shown skill in his posting, especially when challenging other posters standpoints with friendly humor. For a recent example enjoy his quality posting in the lockerroom cleanout GDT - as any true leader he sets an example even during the offseason.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I let my father bait me into a discussion of a Bucky Gleason article night. I know how to be better than that. Establishing a culture of reading TBN hockey articles isn't the way I trained to follow the game. How to play the game, I guess at times I've found my love of the game waning.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Our Sabres forum rebuild is so far ahead of the Sabres rebuild. We'll be in the forum playoffs when the Sabres are still getting lottery picks.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
we definitely have one of the best and most devoted hf boards ainec

some other teams' boards are just pathetic compared to ours

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Our Sabres forum rebuild is so far ahead of the Sabres rebuild. We'll be in the forum playoffs when the Sabres are still getting lottery picks.
Still not sure why I got waived. Okay, so maybe my posts have lost a step or two over the years, but calling me the Matt Moulson of this message board was a low blow.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I’ve got to be better at going into the dirty areas and paying for infractions to make the post.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I don't want to hear how frustrating it is. I want to hear, what's your plan to post better?

My plan is to insist on this loudly from each of you. I feel like I'm making a difference already.

Reactions: SnuggaRUDE

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
We're planning on holding weekly prayer vigils for Zach Bogosian. If you're unable to attend you can outsource prayers from India for a small fee. We need to show that we really care about Zach and it would be great if he stayed healthy long enough to trade. The prayer vigils will be coordinated with the tour schedule of local craft breweries.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Lady Byng - Aladyyn
Remember how he defended Sam Reinhart? Almost being sort of obsessive, scratch that. Being totally obsessive about Reinhart and defending him through the worst struggles? Yeah? Now, do you remember him gloating after Sams' great turnaround? Nope. At least not as much as he could've. A true sportsman doesn't need to gloat when the opposition is trashed.
So, Aladyyn you're the knight in shining armor of 17/18. Congrats!

As much as he could've? Reinhart is a 2OA that is a passenger on a team that wasn't in last place when he stopped sucking, but was last place by the end of his 'saving grace' period.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I have to apologize to all of you here, but I've been unfaithful! I've been posting on another board. 11 years ago I moved to the desert. I faithfully traveled to Phoenix and LA following the boys. Went on a Spring Break trip to Florida to see them play. Flew up to Colorado for a weekend of hockey in the Rockies! Always went to a game when I came back "home" for Christmas. Was on the board all the time, even posting occasionally. I haven't worn a Sabres sweater since October 17th. I've failed as a poster due to my wandering eye and hope for something better. I'll still be around but I need to go take care of McNabb and Carrier! Go Knights, Go!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad