We Can Do Better!

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I fully support a tank this season, 1st sign will be trading Hinostroza half-retained for a 6th.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think this thread is due for a bump. We certainly must do better to break this losing streak.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
They can do better? Well it's hard to do much worse. I guess that's a bright spot

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I just feel in my heart Buffaloed deserved a better season than the one we’re ending up with. Sorry to let you down homie.

Reactions: Chainshot

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I just feel in my heart Buffaloed deserved a better season than the one we’re ending up with. Sorry to let you down homie.
I don't know, I think he'd find this debacle amusing in it's own right. We've reached peak existentialism fandom (peak until next year that is). This sisyphean thread and team is the perfect homage to Buffaloed's legacy.

It's like the Sabres are good until we think they might be good and then they tear our hearts out again. It's painful and funny at the same time. Just wait until they bring Anderson back next season...

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I will use ChatGPT to write my posts from here on out.

“Oh the Buffalo Sabres, they skate and they glide, On the ice they are fierce, and their talent can't hide.

They score with such ease, it's a beautiful sight, And their passing and teamwork, are simply out of sight.

Their goalie is strong, with quick reflexes too, Stopping pucks left and right, there's nothing he can't do.

Their coaches are wise, with strategies galore, And their players listen well, always wanting more.

The crowd cheers them on, with a thunderous roar, For the Sabres are loved, now and forevermore.

They skate with such grace, like a dance on the ice, And their opponents, they leave them with no chance or advice.

So let's give three cheers, for the Buffalo Sabres, For their talent and skills, there's nothing finer or braver.

They're a great ice hockey team, with heart and with soul, And when they're on the ice, they're in full control.”

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I know I can do better but I match the quality of my posts to how the Sabres play and right now we're both struggling to put in the effort.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm really struggling right now to watch games and keep up the quality of posts. New stricter thread rules can hopefully right the ship but it's like trying not to think about a pink elephant. One of these days we will all forget abot doing better because we simply are doing better.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
When I disengage emotionally from the team because of the perpetual suck I have to remind myself that even though I dislike this bunch and the way they play, there really are things beyond the control of the players that skew the product for me as well. I'm still amazed that we saw a guy lose his lid on the ice, then interfere/check a couple of Sabres players, and play the puck and finish his shift, all with no attempt to retrieve his helmet or a stoppage in play. The sketchy officiating and dubious sponsors impact my enjoyment of the sport - and as a result that carries over and impacts how much patience I have with the Sabres. It's not really fair that I put the losing/coaching/roster building/apathy in the same box with the bad officiating and selling of violence and that kind of stuff, but it all kind of mixes up together in an unpleasant way. I still support you guys - prove to me you care more than I do. It would be easy to make me fall in love again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad