Series Talk: WCSF - Nashville Predators (C1) vs Winnipeg Jets (C2) - Series Tied 3-3

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Kinda disappointed the main one was cleaned up, I mean all of it was pretty tame and we're what at least 4 days from game 1? People are going to do a little chirping.

Yep- I have always thought that people take this stuff way too seriously. People get way too bent out of shape.

It is just a freaking message board.

Unless someone gets rude, makes it personal, and/or starts cussing me, I can handle just about anything anyone wants to say.....

Nov 24, 2006
i am just going to stick to our boards. read the series talk thread on main board for a briefing. it's intolerable. jets fan have no clue how obnoxious they are. our chants suck, we don't know the rules of hockey, ect. canadian fans will always look down on southern markets and try to belittle us. they can't stand ignorant americans. their outlooks on people, demographics and such spill over into hockey. i know there are decent jets fans, it's just near impossible for them to stick out with so much trash littered around them.

I'm absolutely going to stay away from your boards during this series out of respect but I did want to drop in and say that I hope for an excellent series, however it winds up.

I know there are a lot of Jets fans (and Canadian team fans) on HF, and there are some 'grade A' idiots for sure. Ignore them. There are also a ton of very knowledgeable and passionate hockey fans that know good hockey when they see it. Don't ignore them. Any knowledgeable Jets fan knows that Nashville is an incredible team, and has been for a while. They are what Detroit was 15 years ago, including team, organization, and management.

I've never been to Nashville, but I have friends who have, to Predators games and other things, and I will say that no one has said anything negative about the area, or about the fans knowledge, the crowds, chants, anything. Basically, anyone with a brain knows that Nashville knows hockey, and one look tells you that the fans have a ton of fun watching this great team.

With that, I'll show myself out. Here's to a great series.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Preds are favored in the series in Vegas but really looks like everywhere else people are looking at us as underdogs- 62% Winnipeg on the main board poll.

I kinda like it- extra motivation

Reactions: SouthNash

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Just wanna stop in to wish y'all good luck in this series!

I have a soft spot for Nashville personally, as it is the only city I have been to outside of Canada.

I was lucky enough to take part in the street party on Lower Broadway during game 6 of the Cup finals last year! Never seen a more impressive hockey crowd in my life.

Tennesseans are truly some of the most welcoming and friendliest people I have met. If the Jets are eliminated I will likely jump on your bandwagon. :thumbu:

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
So of the 5 people that have liked the OP:

4 Jets fans
1 Avs fan.

:huh::laugh::laugh:

It's a great OP. The main reason I ever visit an opponent's GDT (or in this case a series preview) is to get info on the game in hand and to see what their fans think of the Jets. Also, any insight into what we may see from the Predators too. This OP was absolutely perfect, had everything I was looking for.

It's unfortunate that there are a bunch of idiots who call themselves Jets fans who have made your opinions of us all so low, but that's life. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and the loudest idiot gets the attention. I apologize for those tool boxes and hope you all can appreciate that they don't represent all of us. We really are a good group.

Good luck guys!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It is clear that we are only going to win this series if:
-Jets suffer injuries
-the refs help us
-the league (e.g. war room) helps us
-we get really, really lucky
-their goalie sucks

After all, we can't even factor in those regular season meetings (they had injuries, you know). :rolleyes:
And a back up goalie, and on a back to back, and played too many games in a row, and...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It is clear that we are only going to win this series if:
-Jets suffer injuries
-the refs help us
-the league (e.g. war room) helps us
-we get really, really lucky
-their goalie sucks

After all, we can't even factor in those regular season meetings (they had injuries, you know). :rolleyes:

It is seriously kind of crazy how the narrative on the Jets seems to have changed so much in a short period of time, and almost all of it is strictly based on the fact that they had a couple of dominating wins over a depleted Wild team.

There is really nothing else logically that anyone could look at with regards to these two teams and think the Jets are a clear favorite, yet you are starting to see the narrative shift from "its a 50/50 series" to the Jets being the favorites:

We finished ahead of them in the standings
We won the season series.
We went into Winnipeg and went 2-0-1 in the final month or so of the season at a time when they were rolling and on top of their game.
We have home ice advantage.
And, they have almost no playoff experience while we have tons of it.

Of course they can beat us, it is a 50/50 series to me. But as I said earlier I kind of like the fact that so many seem to be starting to write us off- hope the team is hearing it as well.....

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Not all of us are at work. Let 'em rip.

lol I didn't see this until just now. There are rules binding me to not pasting incredibly depraved things, unfortunately, but I will absolutely PM them to you if you're still interested.

edit: actually I had forgotten that we went on a Bill The Butcher gif kick and my buddy created this one:

6563045896444762929%253Faccount_id%253D1

This was post-victory

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Cletus Marley

Feb 11, 2007
Cirith Ungol
Can’t flame the opposing teams boards or talk trash. This is a hockey board. Lol. The only reason we should be taking the high road is so we can drop flaming bags of dog turds on them. Screw Winnipeg.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
So of the 5 people that have liked the OP:

4 Jets fans
1 Avs fan.

:huh::laugh::laugh:

Honestly, I was about to like it until I noticed, at the time, only three people had and they were all Jets fans. Thought it was kinda funny and left it.

Reactions: Jonesey

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Holy ****. Enough of the come in peace posts!

Yes for Gods sake.

Why the hell are we so concerned with making sure fans of the other team aren't offended by us?

I hate, HATE, HATE the Jets. Why? Because I'm a real honest to God FAN-atic. I have MY team, and then there are all the other teams. No real fanatic ever has a second team, because there might come a point where that second team beats your team. And the Jets aren't MY team, so I hate them. They are a division rival, they injured Jarnkrok with a cheap shot, and they are the next team standing in the way of MY team winning a Cup. I dont want to like them, I dont want to be chummy with their fans, and I don't want to read anything they might feel compelled to say on OUR board.

So spare me the "coming in peace" crap.

As Adzy says, hockey is better with a little hate.

Drop the puck already, dammit

And F U JETS!

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Kulikov is only long term injury to not play this series with Perrault also not skating yet. Armia, Enstrom day to day but likely, Mason 50-50 but Maurice is playing coy regarding injuries.

Personal opinion on visiting each other's boards is it's ok to say a friendly good luck or unbiased facts before the series, definitely stay out of the GDT and post game threads. Keep it to news and not your opinions and best yet to leave it to the mods and senior posters.

Good luck everyone gonna be fun!

Reactions: FierceFalcon

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Can’t flame the opposing teams boards or talk trash. This is a hockey board. Lol. The only reason we should be taking the high road is so we can drop flaming bags of dog turds on them. Screw Winnipeg.

I hate that you can only like a post once. There needs to be another button...a "F*** Yeah!" Button

Reactions: tnvol

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
If I could write a forum-specific rule about not saying "coming in peace" and just getting to the point, I would; granted, attached to that would be an addendum to either read an entire post from an opposing fan before responding or don't respond at all.

I have a feeling myself, Jonesey, and AW would be way more annoyed by that extra work than just accepting some people are coming in peace so we might as well deal with it.

(If someone says "I'm coming in peace" and proceeds to not be coming in peace I'm going to go berserk, though)

Reactions: Jonesey

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Hey all, I am a Jet's fan, but not one of "those" Jets fans. I come here not to incite anger or to troll, but rather to see the series from a Predator fan's viewpoint. I think this will be one of those great series that will be talked about for years to come. These two teams have already displayed a little hate for each other on the ice over the last two regular seasons and it's going to get ramped way up now. My fear is that these two teams beat the hell out of each other to the point where there are too many injuries and not enough in the tank to get through the next two series after this one.
I think we should all agree that whichever team wins this series deserves to win the cup.
Cheers all and let's enjoy an awesome series.

Yeah I don't mind Jet's fans posting like your post especially before a game or series starts and some of the others I have seen so far in this trend. It's mainly the trolls or fans that post on here to gloat or belittle my team especially during or after the game is what I have problems w/. If you want to post that on your own team's trend, fine but don't come here w/ that (not meaning you but other Jets fans which we have had that during the regular season. Can only imagine how it's going to get during playoffs). I just find it annoying and disrespectful to do that on someone's else's trend. Trash talk all you want in your own trend but don't come here w/ that (Again meaning other Jet's fans and not you).

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Believe it or not some other team's fans have GREAT opinions and are a joy to converse with.
Totally agree with this. I'm also a firm believer that calling out your own bad apples, divas and trolls is probably the best way to diminish their platform (if we call out their bullshit, others are less likely to feel compelled to engage with them), but the site tends to be pretty severe on calling out posters, regardless of whether they share your persuasion or not. C'est la vie.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Yeah I don't mind Jet's fans posting like your post especially before a game or series starts and some of the others I have seen so far in this trend. It's mainly the trolls or fans that post on here to gloat or belittle my team especially during or after the game is what I have problems w/. If you want to post that on your own team's trend, fine but don't come here w/ that (not meaning you but other Jets fans which we have had that during the regular season. Can only imagine how it's going to get during playoffs). I just find it annoying and disrespectful to do that on someone's else's trend. Trash talk all you want in your own trend but don't come here w/ that (Again meaning other Jet's fans and not you).
Anyone that does that will meet a quick end on our forum and it will be the same in return on theirs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad