Series Talk: WCSF - Nashville Predators (C1) vs Winnipeg Jets (C2) - Series Tied 3-3

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
We cannot and will not restrict fans from opposing teams coming over here. HOWEVER, they are on a much tighter leash with what they post. There are some Jets posters that I would LOVE to have post here regularly and some that if I never read their handle again it would be too soon.

Okay, thanks!

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
If the regular season games are anything to go by, this is going to be a tough, high-scoring, extremely physical series. So every game will probably be 1-0 or 2-1 because hockey is an unpredictable sport.

I'm expecting every game to feature at least six goals total, at least two overtime games (or one double OT game), goalies getting pulled for the backup at least once for each team (possibly even in the same game), and a general overall extremely high tempo featuring huge hits and lots of odd-man rushes in both directions. Jailbreak hockey. So, like I said, that probably means it'll actually be tight checking and conservative with both teams trying to cover their own end of the ice first. Who knows?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
This series sounds like the perfect reason to take a several-week hiatus from these boards. Hope we're still playing hockey when I get to Nashville first weekend in May. Go Preds!
i am just going to stick to our boards. read the series talk thread on main board for a briefing. it's intolerable. jets fan have no clue how obnoxious they are. our chants suck, we don't know the rules of hockey, ect. canadian fans will always look down on southern markets and try to belittle us. they can't stand ignorant americans. their outlooks on people, demographics and such spill over into hockey. i know there are decent jets fans, it's just near impossible for them to stick out with so much trash littered around them.

Reactions: predfan98

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I tried not to.. but last night just needed a pinch of salt. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Meh I don't even have a problem with trash talk in general, but this whole "our chants are better/louder than your chants" nonsense is hurting my brain. I'm not blaming anyone. Just asking that maybe we collectively be the bigger person so some hockey discussion can start.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I tried not to.. but last night just needed a pinch of salt. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
hahaha ive seen them complain at least 3 times how preds fans can't tolerate people saying mean things about us on the main board. literally was never said that but somehow they inferred that from your post. i knew then it was gonna be miserable with those guys. you were actually joking around in a pretty nice manner.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i do hate we have to play the jets in the 2nd round. it's a long way to another final and it's gonna take everything we have to beat them.

Reactions: AngryMoose

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I could see one of two things happening in this series-

It goes 7 games and winds up being the classic series everyone expects it to be.

But it also would not shock me if one team takes over, gets all the breaks, and it winds up going only 5 games or so. You see this happen quite often when two great teams face each other. Sometimes crap happens and the series never lives up to the hype. And I could see either team winning in this scenario. Unlikely to happen, but possible.

Reactions: SaskPreds

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
i do hate we have to play the jets in the 2nd round. it's a long way to another final and it's gonna take everything we have to beat them.

Well, you just gave me an opening for my regular rant on this ridiculous playoff system!!!- lol

I know it is a complete waste of time worrying about it because it is what it is and isn’t going to change, but it is just so dumb.

Preds and Jets are the top 2 teams in the league, and are meeting in round two.

San Jose finished 17 points behind the Preds, finished 3rd in their division. Didn’t even get home ice in Round 1- yet they have an easier 2nd round matchup than the President Trophy winning Preds. Same thing goes for Vegas- better matchup.

It is just as bad in the East-
Boston finished 4th overall in the league and had to play the 105 point Leafs. And in round 2 we will likely see the #3 and #4 teams in the league play in Boston/Tampa.

So in round 2 we will see overall #1 vs #2 and #3 vs #4.

The Penguins are the real beneficiary- they get better matchups in the first two rounds than Boston for example, and get to completely avoid the big 3 from the Atlantic until the conference finals.

I know some say that “eh- you have play the good teams eventually so what does it matter when you play them”- I get that- but there should be a reward in the playoffs for how you finish.

BRING BACK 1-8 SEEDS IN EACH CONFERENCE!!

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I do wish I could post some of the juju memes my friends and I have been tossing around during games, but I don't think any of them are safe for work :laugh:

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

pkshowban

The Montreal Predator family
Feb 12, 2017
¸The main board..Is it for people under 12 y.o. ?
My father is stronger than yours s*it like that..

Really?

Just dont go on main board and let the jets fans alone loll..Gonna be funny.

I didnt know it was Preds vs Jets high school

I just hope this serie finish in 4 or 5 games and a Nashville win!!!

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
toronto got as bad of draw as anyone. 7th best team in the whole league getting boston without home ice in the first round? yikes! reminds me of 07 when we got SJ in the first round and lost in 5 games. except we at least had home ice even if it didn't help.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Hey all, I am a Jet's fan, but not one of "those" Jets fans. I come here not to incite anger or to troll, but rather to see the series from a Predator fan's viewpoint. I think this will be one of those great series that will be talked about for years to come. These two teams have already displayed a little hate for each other on the ice over the last two regular seasons and it's going to get ramped way up now. My fear is that these two teams beat the hell out of each other to the point where there are too many injuries and not enough in the tank to get through the next two series after this one.
I think we should all agree that whichever team wins this series deserves to win the cup.
Cheers all and let's enjoy an awesome series.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If you can keep jets fans from posting in our forum , thanks. I hate this " I come in peace but I just have to say", bs.

I feel like our board needs to be free of any jets posters, I hope I'm interpreting this correctly. That if there is to be interaction, let it be on main board and not in individual team areas.

I think we are too hospitable here. I think different people have different interpretations of good natured ribbing. I think trolling is subjective..

Tell me if I'm misunderstanding. In the past I remember people saying don't even go post in the other teams forum

Thanks!

This x 1000. During a playoff series I would never post on another's teams board no matter how polite I tried to be. And I dont want them here whether we are up 3-0 or down 3-0.

Jonesy/AW might I suggest a stickied "Notice to Jets fans" thread that basically says "we cant keep you from posting here but if you have any sense stay the f*** off our board until well after the series is over"

Reactions: SouthNash

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Kinda disappointed the main one was cleaned up, I mean all of it was pretty tame and we're what at least 4 days from game 1? People are going to do a little chirping.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
This x 1000. During a playoff series I would never post on another's teams board no matter how polite I tried to be. And I dont want them here whether we are up 3-0 or down 3-0.

Jonesy/AW might I suggest a stickied "Notice to Jets fans" thread that basically says "we cant keep you from posting here but if you have any sense stay the f*** off our board until well after the series is over"

Short answer: No

Long answer: Noooooooooo

Unfortunately, whether or not someone has sense isn't enough to try to dissuade them from posting on a forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad