Post-Game Talk: WCSF - Game 3 - Nashville at Winnipeg -7 :00 PM Central - CNBC, CBC, TVAS - Peg up 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Saros should start next game if only because of what Rinne did at the end there. He cost his team half of the time remaining to try to tie the game and, more importantly, proved that the Jets are in his head. He can't be trusted in the net if they're in his head and he can't stay composed.

Last edited:

Pekka4Vezina

Mar 24, 2018
So many to blame. Lavy, the defense, Pekka. Take your pick. Atrocious loss and just unacceptable for an experienced team like this to meltdown. I’m afraid the series is over.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

luckofirish8

Jan 18, 2012
Nashville, TN
This team lacks discipline...simple as. Too many bonehead penalties and they thought the game was over after one. It's very hard to win a championship when you are this undisciplined. It can be done, but you have no margin for error. Tonight exhibit A.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Look what happens when you don't constantly ice the f***ing puck.

outscored 7-1 since we had a 3-0 lead.

I hate this bullshit. Stopped f***ing playing after the first period.

Reactions: predfan98

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
quit whining about the refs. we choked.

anyone care to still defend rinne? they are in his head.
Yep, refs didn't lose this game, we managed that fine on our own.

Still, despite the horror of that game, we lost a one-goal game to the best home team in the league after they had to make an improbable comeback. They also may have finally pissed this team awake (enough for one game at least...we hope). Don't dwell too much on this one folks.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
We're not getting close to winning this series unless our top 4 pulls their heads out of their asses immediately. The fact that our 3rd pair has been our best relative to expectations, it's a miracle that it's a 2-1 series and not 3-0.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Refs call three penalties on us in last 7 minutes but then in last minute when Wheeler scores the empty net goal he hacked Ellis (I believe it was) stock right out of his hand then shoots empty netter. Brutal. Refs ruined the end of a great game.
It was Smith.

Reactions: maplepred

Pekka4Vezina

Mar 24, 2018
Does Lavy have it in him to light these guys up?!? I would be chewing them out right now. Flat out blew this one. The minute we had 3 goals we stopped doing exactly what it was that got us to that point. Have to hang a good portion again on Lavy who clearly doesn’t know how to coach the team to play with a lead. So mad I can’t see straight...definitely can’t sleep.

Reactions: predfan98

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Shitting the bed or not the refs are managing games instead of doing their job. Calling charging when it wasn't... charging and then allowing both teams to do whatever they wanted for the second period is just dumb. Their job is to call penalties when they occur.

The reffing in all series has been trash and the league looks like the NFL and NBA at this point. I already stopped watching those two leagues because of it and am pretty close to being done with the nhl.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well just going to have to forget about this game and move on to the next one. This team needs to learn though that no lead is a safe lead and that they need to keep on scoring and playing for all 3 periods.

Last edited:

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Arvy sinks either of his breakaways and this game is still being played.
Last person to blame is Arvy.

I don't why it's such a surprise that if we can score 3 goals in a period, they can score 3 goals in a period.

I was feeling pretty confident going into the third. And pretty confident after tying. I said if we can just kill the Fiala penalty, we're going to win the game. We do, and PK totally ***** the bed on that entire sequence leading to him taking the penalty.

Really hate that the ref ignored Rinne on his mask. They may have scored anyways, but his decision to ignore/not believe Rinne clearly took Rinne's focus off of the play. Sucks for such an emotional game to end on a sequence like that.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Last person to blame is Arvy.

I don't why it's such a surprise that if we can score 3 goals in a period, they can score 3 goals in a period.

I was feeling pretty confident going into the third. And pretty confident after tying. I said if we can just kill the Fiala penalty, we're going to win the game. We do, and PK totally ***** the bed on that entire sequence leading to him taking the penalty.

Really hate that the ref ignored Rinne on his mask. They may have scored anyways, but his decision to ignore/not believe Rinne clearly took Rinne's focus off of the play. Sucks for such an emotional game to end on a sequence like that.

Oh no. Didn't mean it to come across like I was blaming Arvy. Just observing had either of those had gone in, different game.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well I hope this game pissed the Preds players off to where they are lights out next game. Been waiting for this team to go beast mode for all three periods which I haven't seen yet. Will they be motivated or just give up next game? Will Lavy make changes/changes in the lineup or go w/ the same lineup? Will we make it out of this series or get bounced?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad