Post-Game Talk: WCSF - Game 3 - Nashville at Winnipeg -7 :00 PM Central - CNBC, CBC, TVAS - Peg up 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Our defenseman have been horrible defensively. It's sad that we suppose to have one of the top top 4 and were playing like this. We look lost out there alot and that isn't like us. Josi and Ellis looking worse and worse. I dont blame subban for the penalty at the end thats just an unfortunate thing. It happens. I do blame him for 2 soft ass failed clears though. Why backhand them. This team needs a gut check. 4 goals should win most games, especially with our defenseman and rinne. Maybe it's time to switch things up. Put Ellis and ekholm back together and pk and josi. And speaking of rinne he looks rattled. He looks like he did last year against Pitt. He's flipping and flopping all around the ice can't control his rebounds and he has let up so many soft goals this series. Hopefully we turn things around and win game 4 but this kind of game could be the type of game that makes you think this team doesn't have it like last year and lose faith. Hopefully they prove us wrong

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well I hope this game pissed the Preds players off to where they are lights out next game. Been waiting for this team to go beast mode for all three periods which I haven't seen yet. Will they be motivated or just give up next game?
Yeah playing good in spurts has been good enough so far, all season and even against the Avs. But it isn't going to be good enough to go any further.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Seriously, is that a high stick? Honest question.

Mid_Stick.jpg

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
I will say... when this team gets behind, they tend to find a way. I think the same will apply to being down in a series.

I would say start Rinne next game. He looked better in this game than he did in game 2. Still needs to step it up, but I think he's going to fighting for redemption after that mask ordeal.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Even though the referees are a farce and the league a joke at this point for their bias/weak calls that they make on a continued basis to make games closer for ratings, the Preds had every chance to score or kill penalties and didn't. The referees didn't let the puck in the back of the net. Rinne and our guys in front of him did. Just going to have to suck it up and move on to the next game.

Last edited:

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Seriously, is that a high stick? Honest question.

Mid_Stick.jpg
Of course it's a high stick.

But yes, one can see how something like that can happen.

I can't see how he misses BOTH of his clearing attempts beforehand. I was raging before the penalty.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We're not winning 3 of the next 4 in this series. The Thrashers are extremely talented and we're flopping around like the catfish we represent. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it, and I'm typically optimistic.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
What I learned is I'm not going to believe in this team until they start believing in themselves and start playing like they care to win and not let up for all three periods. If they start doing that, I'll do the same. No point in getting all bent out of shape if the guys aren't playing to win or giving it all they got. I'm not the one trying to win the Stanley Cup, the players are. So if they want it bad enough, then they got to dig deep and play to win themselves and for each other. If the players think they are giving it all they got and just coming up short, then that may be the case. I still think there is another level/more they can give if they really want to win this series and go on to the next level. There is plenty of blame to go around for who is or isn't contributing to the team. Right now if they want to win they need to work as a team and fight/battle to get the win for each other. This team isn't in sync w/ each other and battling for each other out there. You are only good as your weakest link so help your team mate out.

Last edited:

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
If that was all that happened, no. But the jet player lifted PKs stick and hit himself in the face with PKs stick. So it was a high stick.

That's not what I see to be honest. The only time the stick hit Ehler's face is the screen shot I posted. When I watched it live, I thought it was going to be a slashing call. But then looking at the replay, not only is there no slashing, but Subban's stick just "bounced" on Ehler's face, which was basically at waist level.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Poile looked like he was going to have a heart attack after that goal
Poile looks like his hanging on to dear life watching these playoffs.

I think he feels this is his last chance for a cup. Add on top of that giving away our prospects like candy, he knows the window is limited.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If you are still waiting on this team to wake up you are going to he waiting for a while. After every game we say " well hopefully this one wakes them up". Time to face the fact it ain't gonna happen. They may win, but that team we keep looking for just ain't there.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Tempfan99

Apr 16, 2017
Montreal
u guys are so pessimist. i understand its frustrating to lose a 3 goals lead. but would rather know they lost even if they played good or they lost cause many players madr mistakes in the same game?

u can say its very hard to win 3/4 games but they only need to win one and its even.

the thing that concerns me the most is that Rinnes head is not at the right place right now. When a goali plays good and with confidence hes not worried about making mistakes cause he knows his teamates wont blame him. he just plays his game. right now all he'll try to do is avoid making mistakes wich will have the opposite results. its a dilemma cus u dont wanna use a goali that havent played for so long either.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Do I think there should be high sticking penalties when a player's stick is at his waist? No. The problem is how do you determine what is too high? So in that sense keeping the high sticking penalties the way they are is probably the right thing. It's just stupid that we got called for a high stick when the guy who high sticked has his stick below the glass. The only way to solve it would be to have a designated height a stick has to be at for a high stick to be called and have it automatically reviewed when it is called, which is never going to happen.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
If you are still waiting on this team to wake up you are going to he waiting for a while. After every game we say " well hopefully this one wakes them up". Time to face the fact it ain't gonna happen. They may win, but that team we keep looking for just ain't there.
We were never going to steamroll the Jets. They are one of, if not the hardest, match up for us.

If we beat the Jets, it's going to be by "eeking" it out, just like the rest of the games we beat them.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011

Yep, this team imo doesn't want it bad enough. If they did they would be battling for their lives for it and for each other. Right now except for a few players and the top line, they don't look like a team but just individual players on the ice. That or the Jets are just too strong for them. To me though they aren't playing to their level or aren't in sync as a team. They aren't playing for themselves and their team mates. If so, they would be communicating more to each other and working better w/ each other and helping each other out.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
That's not what I see to be honest. The only time the stick hit Ehler's face is the screen shot I posted. When I watched it live, I thought it was going to be a slashing call. But then looking at the replay, not only is there no slashing, but Subban's stick just "bounced" on Ehler's face, which was basically at waist level.
The one replay they showed I thought it looked like the jet lifted the stick and the shaft of the stick hit him in the mouth.

I mean, earlier in the game PK was raked across the face with a jet's stick, and his face was around the same level as the jet player in your clip and that wasn't a high stick, so maybe this shouldn't have been either.

Tempfan99

Apr 16, 2017
Montreal
thats because its playoffs, on both sides they're already fully motivated. its only a matter of who will make more mistakes. its 2018s nhl u cant just expect a team to come out and dominate the other team.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
thats because its playoffs, on both sides they're already fully motivated. its only a matter of who will make more mistakes. its 2018s nhl u cant just expect a team to come out and dominate the other team.
Love the excuses. This team has been good for one period of hockey all season, at this point it's not the playoffs, its how this team plays.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011

Could be the case. Could be that the Jets are just better than them. I still think there is another level for this team though. I don't except them to dominate or blow out the other team out especially a team like the Jets but I expect them to continue pushing/playing hard even when they have the lead and not let up for all three periods which is what they should have done. No lead is a safe lead in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Tempfan99

Apr 16, 2017
Montreal
Love the excuses. This team has been good for one period of hockey all season, at this point it's not the playoffs, its how this team plays.
first in standing. good for one period? how that even makes sense? ur talking about ''waking up'' like they just gonna go out with more energy than the other team. u realize the jets gave 3 goals in first period right so in ur logic the jets didnt want it.

its just the probabilities. games like this happens. losing 3 goals lead happens once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad