Post-Game Talk: WCSF - Game 3 - Nashville at Winnipeg -7 :00 PM Central - CNBC, CBC, TVAS - Peg up 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Yes games like this happen so just got to move on to the next one but still feel this team hasn't played their best hockey or their complete game yet. The Jets have alot of offensive threats and so every game is going to be a battle to the end.

Tempfan99

Apr 16, 2017
Montreal
If that was all that happened, no. But the jet player lifted PKs stick and hit himself in the face with PKs stick. So it was a high stick.
watched the replay and the stick barely touched his beard its ridiculous. there must be some limitations to this high stick rule.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well Ellis just said in the post game, that the team just stopped playing after getting the lead and that they need to play the whole 60 mins and learn from their mistakes. So he even knows that they didn't play to their capabilities. And Joey said they shot themselves in the foot w/ their penalties after having the lead and the Lavy said they took penalties that could have been avoided and said they stopped attacking the game in the second. So they know they blew this game and can/should have played better. They need to stop getting lazy when they have the lead and continue on attacking the game no matter what lead they have and not stop until the whole 60 minutes is up and stop taking stupid penalties that aren't needed.

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Well Ellis just said in the post game, that the team just stopped playing after getting the lead and that they need to play the whole 60 mins and learn from their mistakes. So he even knows that they didn't play to their capabilities. And Joey said they shot themselves in the foot w/ their penalties after having the lead and the Lavy said they took penalties that could have been avoided and said they stopped attacking the game in the second. So they know they blew this game and can/should have played better. They need to stop getting lazy when they have the lead and continue on attacking the game no matter what lead they have and not stop until the whole 60 minutes is up and stop taking penalties that aren't needed.
sounds like we need a new core/leaders or a new head coach. pick one. inexcuseable to pretty much say that. i would rather just hear they got outplayed. not that nonsense.

Reactions: predfan98

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
first in standing. good for one period? how that even makes sense? ur talking about ''waking up'' like they just gonna go out with more energy than the other team. u realize the jets gave 3 goals in first period right so in ur logic the jets didnt want it.

its just the probabilities. games like this happens. losing 3 goals lead happens once in a while.
Read the post game comments, same thing has happened all season, the only difference is Rinne saved our ass in the regular season and he isnt doing that now.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
sounds like we need a new core/leaders or a new head coach. pick one. inexcuseable to pretty much say that. i would rather just hear they got outplayed. not that nonsense.
It's the same problem we've watched all year and its what we hoped would go away once the competition in the playoffs hit. Maybe this one finally does wake them up, but I ran out of fingers and toes a long time counting the number of times this year we hoped that was the case.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011

Yeah. I know that this Jets team is good but I also knew this Preds team wasn't playing to their full capabilities. I have seen this team play a whole 60 minute game before where they didn't let up and this wasn't one of those games. I have seen plenty of games though where they would be up and then let their foot off the pedal and let teams back into games only to then put their foot back on the pedal to barely squeak by games or just lose because it was too late.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Read the post game comments, same thing has happened all season, the only difference is Rinne saved our ass in the regular season and he isnt doing that now.

Yep Rinne definitely not saving our butts in the playoffs like in the regular season but he did keep them in the game towards the end at least until the PK penalty and then his dumb undisciplined penalty. This team has nobody to blame but themselves. They are shooting themselves in the foot more than anything. I'll start caring when this team starts caring/playing to their full capabilities. If this is all they are capable of playing, then it might be best for them to get bounced cause I know they can play so much better.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I just don't think the team has the drive to get far this post season. Think they used it up last year cause the way the team played last year compared to this year in the post season is like night and day. The only game that came close to looking like the way the Preds played last year was game 2 vs the Jets this year. That was the first time I saw the same level of battle we saw from the guys last year where they played all 60 minutes and didn't let up the whole game. Hopefully this Preds team will prove me wrong though. Hoping they were just tired from the last game and so didn't put their full effort in this game for all 60 minutes.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
I just don't think the team has the drive to get far this post season. Think they used it up last year cause the way the team played last year compared to this year in the post season is like night and day. The only game that came close to looking like the way the Preds played last year was game 2 vs the Jets this year. That was the first time I saw the same level of battle we saw from the guys last year where they played all 60 minutes and didn't let up.

Yeah the way the Preds played in OT especially in game 2, they were really great. They were great in the 1st period tonight too. Then the Jets got a lucky goal in the 2nd. Then they scored a legit goal, which was bound to happen at some point, but considering it happened about 2 minutes after that fluky goal, that really gave the Jets momentum, the crowd got into it, and then the Preds completely messed up on the 3rd goal.

It happens I guess. Just have to move on and play the right way next game.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
Our defenseman have been horrible defensively. It's sad that we suppose to have one of the top top 4 and were playing like this. We look lost out there alot and that isn't like us. Josi and Ellis looking worse and worse. I dont blame subban for the penalty at the end thats just an unfortunate thing. It happens. I do blame him for 2 soft ass failed clears though. Why backhand them. This team needs a gut check. 4 goals should win most games, especially with our defenseman and rinne. Maybe it's time to switch things up. Put Ellis and ekholm back together and pk and josi. And speaking of rinne he looks rattled. He looks like he did last year against Pitt. He's flipping and flopping all around the ice can't control his rebounds and he has let up so many soft goals this series. Hopefully we turn things around and win game 4 but this kind of game could be the type of game that makes you think this team doesn't have it like last year and lose faith. Hopefully they prove us wrong

PK was being double shifted. You could tell he was dog tired. He was being double-shifted because of the Josi and Ellis' struggles.

PK should be one of the last people to blame. Rinne was terrible again.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCPreds

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
With all the struggles Rinne has, Rinne 5on5 in the entire playoffs has a DSv% of -0.01, which is basically barely a negative impact on his team. In game 2, Rinne allowed 1 goal 5on5 and was actually very good 5on5 in general. Rinne has definitely been disappointing but he's actually not been as bad as some say he is.

Rinne has a save percentage of 92.45 5on5, higher than league average during the playoffs of 92.13. His expected save percentage is 92.46, but still he's not been that bad.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Well that sucked. Not because we lost, I went into that game fully expecting a loss.
It sucks be cause we came out and were head and shoulders better in the first period. Up 3-0, crowd completely out of it. Then we shit the bed in the 2nd and completely lose our composure.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
So I wasn't able to watch the game because I went to a movie with the misses who just finished her final for her masters class, so can someone fill me in with a quick recap of wtf went south in the second period? I'm already positive it was penalties because that's been our issue all season but the fact that we gave up a 3 goal lead.. was there one "moment" that changed something or did the team really just give up playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->