GDT: WCSF | G6 | Oilers vs. Knights | 5.14.23 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Welp, I've stayed away from NHL/Oilers stuff for almost 2 days immediately after Game 5 ended, helps that the weather here has been spectacular, and am now just starting to get into game mode. Either they win tonight or face some serious questions about legacy, where this goes from here etc. I'm confident that they'll bring the effort but will it be enough to stave off elimination? We'll see. Going to need better goaltending and attention to detail a.k.a. stop playing stupid, to get it done.

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all your moms, wives, sisters etc. See you all at game time, hopefully not our last game time this season.

Reactions: OilerTyler

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
You guys know which radio station carries the game guys? I thought it would be tsn 1260 but it doesn't look like it. Family member has a long drive and wanted to listen to the radio.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
game starts at midday my time and i work 12:30-11

going to be torture having to wait my time to wait until tomorrow to watch. silver linings are that there's no chance of spoilers here lol

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Stew has only let in 1 goal this series after a loss. I'm not worried about tonight but I am worried about next game.

Reactions: Zerotonine

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I know this doesn't just apply to the Oilers but I just don't understand how you can spend your whole life; 25+ years training, practicing, playing, dieting, dreaming ever single day of winning a stanley cup. Then on the biggest stage for potentially your biggest opportunity for some of these guys to actually win a cup to just mail it in. So weird to me, but I'm far from a pro athlete so I'll never know lol.

Hopefully they at least put in a solid effort tonight. Game 3 especially felt like a tuesday night in January.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I 100% agree with this. Woodcroft has decided Campbell is unplayable despite Skinner having a GAA close to 4…in 2023. Holland has to move Campbell or he’ll look like an idiot for throwing away 5M in cap to a player the coach sees as unplayable

Welp going to have score at least 4 or 5.

Well- Skinner’s GAA is 3.52 so yeah, math says you need atleast 4, but likely 5, to win

I wouldn't call starting the guy who has been our starter since mid-season over a guy who has looked like an AHL goalie all year "stubborn". I would call it smart.
What if that starter had worse numbers than the guy who looked like an AHL goalie?

• Love
Reactions: Drivesaitl

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
What if that starter had worse numbers than the guy who looked like an AHL goalie?

I'm gonna take the full regular season sample size over the 100 minutes Campbell has played in the playoffs almost exclusively against teams playing to protect their lead.

Here are his last 10 starts for those of you needing a refresher.

gedy5iw_d.webp

Do we consider the Ducks a Vegas level opponent?

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
You guys know which radio station carries the game guys? I thought it would be tsn 1260 but it doesn't look like it. Family member has a long drive and wanted to listen to the radio.
630 CHED. Much better broadcast too (prepare to hear Bob Stauffer complain about the refs though).

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Late game on Sunday. Everyone loves starting their week tired…
You didnt know? Its game 35 of the 480 game MLB regular season, thats actually a struggle to sit through an entire game on the one channel. And everyones favorite cornhole on the other. NHL taking a back seat to cornhole right now is actually hilarious.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Boys, how confident are we on this game? Debating tossing a quick 500 on it...
If you wanna throw away the money, go ahead.

I'm gonna take the full regular season sample size over the 100 minutes Campbell has played in the playoffs almost exclusively against teams playing to protect their lead.

Here are his last 10 starts for those of you needing a refresher.

gedy5iw_d.webp

Do we consider the Ducks a Vegas level opponent?
it’s actually hard for a playoff goalie to be worse than Skinner. 3.52 GAA, 0.890sv%
Campbells regular season 3.41GAA 0.888sv%

Skinner is the Campbell of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad