GDT: WCSF | G6 | Oilers vs. Knights | 5.14.23 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Skinner hasn't been great but the oilers depth scoring has dried up this playoffs for the most part. Be nice if Kane and RNH had a good game but I won't hold my breathe.
This series we have 7 5v5 goals. Draisaitl x 3, Nuge, Bjugstad, Foegele and Ekholm. Our primary scoring has dried up. Hyman, McDavid, Kane and Yamamoto with 0 goals.
It would be nice if our top 6 other than Draisaitl honestly showed up.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I think Skinner has a good game tonight, Shore makes some good plays and the critics are silenced for a few days. Bet 365 says Oilers win this one so look for the whistle to go the Oilers way. WWENHL

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Fans turning on Woody and Skinner. Let's run them outta town boys!!
Skinner has been mostly dreadful and is a huge part as to why the oilers are facing elimination in a playoff year they should be really looking at winning it all.

The everyone is lovely and everyone is blameless attitude is what keeps this team way from real success.

If the Oilers go out this everning then both the guys you mentioned should get blasted to kingdom come, but no worries they won't as oilers fans and espcially the lap dog media tend to blame the wrong parts of the team constantly.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Vegas is going to have to have the game of their season to go toe-to-toe with a desperate Oilers team on the verge of elimination. Quite frankly, I don't think the Golden Knights have a good enough team to win against the Oilers playing to their potential. I expect the Oilers to kick the shit out of Vegas tonight.
I think the desperate Oilers team takes a lot of penalties and spends a lot of time passing up scoring chances to pass the puck looking for a pretty play. I think it’ll be a lot like last game but the team will lose its composure in the 3rd and run around making sure of a loss.
I’ve been mostly happy and optimistic for the playoffs but that last game broke me. Even in the player interviews they seem….off.
Couple that with the fact that Woodcroft isn’t making a single real change and thinks our top 6 which has been abysmal is fine is just baffling.

Reactions: Duke74

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Fans turning on Woody and Skinner. Let's run them outta town boys!!
Skinner shouldn’t be run out of town. He is a young goalie going thru growing pains of being forced into a #1 role cause the expensive starter we signed forgot how to play hockey for the majority of the year.

Woody already had his detractors from before and I’ve slowly watched him manage ice time just like Tippett which lead to a slow rusty bottom 6 nightly and a tired top 6 that would make constant mistakes from being overplayed. Woody is managing icetime the same way now and it’s what lead to Tippetts firing.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Like every Oiler fan, I wanted Campbell to get the start. #1 in both GAA and save%, and a pristine record against Vegas. He's hungry and ready to take the reigns

But in contradict to my own opinion, I will support Woody's decision to start Skinner. He has shown the ability to bounce back after tough games, all season. If it weren't for his stellar rookie season, coupled with Campbell's unexpected terrible regular season, it's doubtful we're even in the playoffs period.
And if he were to rise to the occasion, and successfully backbone this team on the brink of elimination; that's an extremely valuable, rare experience that could potentially evolve his game into the next level.
Confidence is everything, and I trust Jay knows what he's doing with his rookie goaltender and the strategic formation of the team

Game 6. Lets fkn go boys

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Broadcasting rant here...

Anybody know WTF happened to Louie on these broadcasts?

Is he trying too hard to appear impartial?

Whatever the reason he is becoming more and more annoying as the playoffs roll on. Its to the point where I am not even interested in his input.

The only other option is to try and sync things up and listen to Jack Micheals ruin the game.

Hopefully the Oilers can win this series and then we get Cuthbert and Simpson.
That would be a major upgrade on both Debrusk and Singh.

Last edited:
Reactions: subnet and 5 14 6 1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I suspect two generational players, McDrai to dig and claw a result in this game, at home, and I just cant see those two not doing everything possible on ice to deny a home ice season end. Generational players often get historic results in games like this one.

I have the same feeling about this game as I had in game 4. Up against it, with season on the line, the Oilers find a way. Conversely the game I'm worried about (well both, but more than this one) is game 7 in Vegas where they get the matching they want.

That said Vegas are one of the best road teams in the league so this is an adverse situation to be sure. Vegas will be better in this one than they were in game 4.

Whatever the reason he is becoming more and more annoying as the playoffs role on. Its to the point where I am not even interested in his input.

The only other option is to try and sync things up and listen to Jack Micheals ruin the game.

I was commenting on this during the season. As its progressed Debrusk has gone downhill for the reasons you mention. But the more he's with Singh, the more I notice it. They both have trouble recognizing that these too are essentially Oilers broadcasts as most people tuning in are Oilers fans.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I suspect two generational players, McDrai to dig and claw a result in this game, at home, and I just cant see those two not doing everything possible on ice to deny a home ice season end. Generational players often get historic results in games like this one.

I have the same feeling about this game as I had in game 4. Up against it, with season on the line, the Oilers find a way. Conversely the game I'm worried about (well both, but more than this one) is game 7 in Vegas where they get the matching they want.

That said Vegas are one of the best road teams in the league so this is an adverse situation to be sure. Vegas will be better in this one than they were in game 4.

I was commenting on this during the season. As its progressed Debrusk has gone downhill for the reasons you mention. But the more he's with Singh, the more I notice it. They both have trouble recognizing that these too are essentially Oilers broadcasts as most people tuning in are Oilers fans.
McDavid hasn’t looked generational all series. He has been getting smacked up and down by Eichel. Maybe he finally decides to show up this series not on the PP. His line has been our worst line all series. Time for Mr Best Player in the League to do something.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022

Whatever the reason he is becoming more and more annoying as the playoffs role on. Its to the point where I am not even interested in his input.

Its brutal. You listen to most other broadcasts for other teams and they are all at least a little biased towards the crowd they are broadcasting for. He is trying so hard to remain neutral you could think he is actually the Vegas commentator

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
But great day outside. Enjoying the perfect weather, sunshine, working, walking and gardening outside and its just lovely weather. Hardly hockey weather. This is like nice climate weather now that we've had some ample downpours. Everything better in Alberta!. Lake weather in early May. Gotta love it. This is gods province. No poisonous snakes (hardly) not much poisonous spiders, no Crocodiles, Sharks, f*** that shit, No significant earthquakes, No Hurricanes. No Tsunamis, Rarely flooding except dur, Calgary and "high river" lol

For that reason only the 8pm start is acceptable to me. Plus that its warm evenings and people at watch parties and such will be real comfortable. I'd almost rather watch this game outside. Gonna be a glorious evening after a glorious day and hopefully mucho to celebrate.

I can't drink today. I did on Friday and not even a quality rum worked. So picking sobriety on a Sunday. TMI, I realize. ;)

Last edited:

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Jack Campbell vs Vegas
5-1
1.65 GAA
.956 save %

if only Woody saw this before the start of the series

gonna need to score 4 goals tonight cause Skinner will let in 3 minimum
You failed to mention how many shits that was over

• Haha

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid hasn’t looked generational all series. He has been getting smacked up and down by Eichel. Maybe he finally decides to show up this series not on the PP. His line has been our worst line all series. Time for Mr Best Player in the League to do something.
McD hasn't been his optimal self, but he's still been generational. Eichel has elevated. Good for him, this is his SC, the chance of prevailing over Oilers on a Vet packed club.

That said the Oilers don't cover opponent stars anywhere near as well as opponents try to cover and limit our stars. If we had two men in Eichels pocket he wouldn't be getting much done.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McD hasn't been his optimal self, but he's still been generational. Eichel has elevated. Good for him, this is his SC, the chance of prevailing over Oilers on a Vet packed club.

That said the Oilers don't cover opponent stars anywhere near as well as opponents try to cover and limit our stars. If we had two men in Eichels pocket he wouldn't be getting much done.
2 5v5 points in 5 games, isn’t generational.
He is getting his Pp points but in the constant head to head matchups he is getting wrecked.

Reactions: Husker Du

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
2 5v5 points in 5 games, isn’t generational.
He is getting his Pp points but in the constant head to head matchups he is getting wrecked.
i get what you're saying. You're not wrong on being concerned about the aspect. But some of this is possibly score effectts as well. If the Oilers PP wasn't such a Tsunami rolling over teams than the necessity of requiring more EV goals might be the mother of invention. heh

This team plays better, invariably against manageable adversity. So that they probably dig down and get more EV if needed. Also that the Oilers have won multiple games just filling the net on PP has meant the goal spread is there and they haven't needed more. Game 4 being a textbook example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad