GDT: WCSF | G6 | Oilers vs. Knights | 5.14.23 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Alright pretty much back to the lineup that won game 4.

I can’t see this team taking the night off, they get up for games when they have no choice and they certainly have no choice, this is a must win.

I expect the Oilers to play their best, if they do that and don’t shoot themselves in the foot with penalties I think we take this to 7. Anything can happen if we take it to 7.

Kostin must be hurt, he’s taken a stick to the nuts, blocked about 3 shots that could have broken something, he’s probably feeling it.

But also didn’t they fake putting Shore in before and pulled him out last second? It might just be practice lines or something.

Anyway, go Oilers, hope this isn’t the last game for us. It’s funny how many of us are dejected right now but we just need to win this one game to feel hope again, very close to the WCF still!

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Gotta stop giving up that quick one after scoring.

Bit of a weakness that our PP pretty much sidelines our top two lines for the following couple of shifts. We really need to find that combination of secondary players that can keep putting on the pressure in that shift following a PP goal.

We're not an impressive team when we sit back.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Alright boys, it's not fully charged yet, but we may need it's power.

I am posting the rarest pepe again.

1681239998801980.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Save the focus on taking Pietrangelo’s teeth out for next season. The NHL will be focused on completing the “f*** the Oilers over” cycle tonight. The first three legs (attempt to injure on star player, incoherent suspension, dog shit officiating in Game 5), are complete, last one would be to protect Pietrangelo by calling a penalty if we breathe on him. Hit him when we can, but keep it clean and don’t even think about taking anywhere close to the line.

On another note, Pietrangelo’s press conference couldn’t be a better example of the pathetic state our game is in today. 10 years ago a player would have been laughed out of the league for essentially saying “boo hoo they were hitting me so I slashed him.” The fact that a veteran player thinks that’s something that isn’t completely embarrassing to say publicly says it all. Then for him to call out Ekholm…. piece of f***ing shit.

Throw a game away, take a suspension, and put that clown in the hospital in November next year. Don’t do it now.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think Skinner will play well tonight but more importantly the boys who would like to ride the bus to a Stanley Cup will be back with their "A" game.

Its game 7 that is the large vertical climb.

Am I the only poster who is getting overwhelmed with the new ads structure?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Can't wait for Skinner to shit the bed and Yamamoto to neutralize the second line again.

Oh well. At least I can enjoy the rest of my summer.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Take care of Business tonight and force a game 7. Then pray that Seattle doesn’t win tomorrow. If Dallas wins we have a more even chance in game 7. If Seattle wins we will face the Knights and the league in game 7.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
People are complaining about starting Skinner over Campbell tonight. I'm not sure what the right move is, Skinner has let us down so far this postseason, while Campbell let us us down all season long. When is the last time our goalie has stolen a game for us? To go on extended playoff runs, you need steady goaltending at the minimum, with the odd great performance. We haven't gotten that so far. Skinner is young, I believe he has more to give and could develop more. Campbell looks small in net, and is erratic and unreliable. Skinner hasn't been horrible, but he's had the worst postseason out of all the 2nd round starters, and inec.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Vegas is going to have to have the game of their season to go toe-to-toe with a desperate Oilers team on the verge of elimination. Quite frankly, I don't think the Golden Knights have a good enough team to win against the Oilers playing to their potential. I expect the Oilers to kick the shit out of Vegas tonight.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Yah if Skinner struggles and we lose this can be squarely placed on Woody's head.
I did not like woodcroft coaching decisions last game. Kostin and Jan mark barely played 3-4 minutes and mcdrai were taxed playing 25 minutes. Why? The game prior to they only played 20 and kostin and janmark played like 12 minutes. And they came up huge on the forecheck all game. That was non existent last game. I don’t get it honestly. He completely changed things 🤷‍♀️

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023
Vegas is going to have to have the game of their season to go toe-to-toe with a desperate Oilers team on the verge of elimination. Quite frankly, I don't think the Golden Knights have a good enough team to win against the Oilers playing to their potential. I expect the Oilers to kick the shit out of Vegas tonight.
Problem is skinner can mitigate all of this letting in his standard weak goals this playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad