• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I’m impressed anyone goes to the main boards. It’s a cesspool of illogical, emotional, prejudicial nonsense. I only go to other parts of this forum for solid factual information. Anything that is opinion driven is a waste of time.

SpaceCoastShark

Look what the cat dragged in
Apr 8, 2009
Space Coast, FL
Teal With It.jpg

Reactions: Phu

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm not sure where you guys thought it was a good idea to talk about moderation and moderators publicly (those posts are gone now). There are channels for this that aren't the open boards. I also want you to consider that when you attack the moderators and complain about moderating standards, no amount of "well, there are good mods" or "the mods in some places but not others are awful" really prevents it from being an attack against all mods, including those of us on HFSJ. Part of any mod doing their job means that not everyone is going to like the decision or believe it is the right one. That doesn't make it OK to attack the mods for it.

Make no mistake, going on the main boards requires thick skin. The reality is that almost every team's fanbase believes that the mods are biased against them and for the franchises they don't like. But none of that is true. But most of that comes from the fact that everyone gets used to the standards of conduct on team boards and don't realize that the main boards can't possibly uphold that exact same standard.

There are proper ways to deal with this.

1) If a poster annoys you, use the ignore feature.

2) If someone violates the rules, report it. If nothing is done, chances are that means the mods ruled that the content wasn't actually in violation of the rules. If that's the case, that's the case. Move on. It doens't make the mods wrong just because you don't like it.

3) If you really just can't take it, then just stay off the main boards.

4) If you ignore all this and go on the main boards anyway and find that all of this isn't necessarily doing it for you, then the last thing to do is just suck it up.

Thank you.

Now I'm going to close this thread because the series is over and we don't need to rehash this issue at length. If anyone wants to ask questions of me about this, you can PM me. But if you just want to complain or be upset because you don't like this or the standard of moderation in general, then I'd advise probably not PMing me about it, because I don't ever stand for users attacking/abusing/insulting the moderator team anywhere on HF. You might not see it, but as a group we go through far too much undue abuse for me to want to put up with any more. Nobody deserves that.

Sorry, I know this is a lot more terse than usual from me. This is just a hot-button issue for me. I suggest we all just move on and look forward to tomorrow's game. I apologize for having to be short. I don't really like doing it, it just needed to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad