Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Who is your MVP at the midway point? Hertl just beats out Couture for me. Who just beats out Vlasic or Burns. Who just beat out Jones.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Who is your MVP at the midway point? Hertl just beats out Couture for me. Who just beats out Vlasic or Burns. Who just beat out Jones.

This is something worth starting a thread over, IMO.

Burns
Hertl
Couture
Vlasic
Jones

The margins are razor thin between all of them. Couture has taken on tougher matchups than Hertl has, but he has also had much better linemates.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Still so ****ing hyped from last night's win.

Also, for MVP it has to be Jones at this point. He is showing up every game and playing his best.

I mean, he's been good/great most games, but MVP right now is Couture, Burns, or Karlsson. My vote would go to Couture, plus he deserved it the year we lost in the finals.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
You spelled Nathan MacKinnon wrong :sarcasm:
And that will be the last time we ever have to hear about Mac this year.
N6jSt1G.jpg

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
For all the deserved praise that Mackinnon had heaped upon him during this series, the Sharks should be revered for shutting him down over the final 3 games.
Shades of 2016, when we shut down Forsberg and Tarasenko in similar fashion.
We’re running now.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
In this series, the Sharks scored 2.86 goals per game and allowed 2.57 goals per game. If you remove empty net goals, they scored 2.57 goals per game and allowed 2.29 goals per game. That is something I was not expecting from these two teams.

Reactions: Phu

Lateralis

Jun 8, 2011
LivaMO
It's not mentioned enough, but the Sharks played this entire series except one game without Pavs. Imagine if Avs have MacKinnon for only 1 game? We saw what happens when he was out 18 minutes! The dude is a beast (Mac), and Bednar deserves a lot of credit for coaching and putting together a winning team around one player. The Sharks are by far a much deeper and more experienced team, had we had Bednar as our coach, this probably would have ended in 3 games.

That being said, Sharks and Jones specially did a great job overall. Wasn't perfect, but winning 3 games w/o your #1C is pretty solid in the 2nd round of the SCP.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It's not mentioned enough, but the Sharks played this entire series except one game without Pavs. Imagine if Avs have MacKinnon for only 1 game? We saw what happens when he was out 18 minutes! The dude is a beast (Mac), and Bednar deserves a lot of credit for coaching and putting together a winning team around one player. The Sharks are by far a much deeper and more experienced team, had we had Bednar as our coach, this probably would have ended in 3 games.

That being said, Sharks and Jones specially did a great job overall. Wasn't perfect, but winning 3 games w/o your #1C is pretty solid in the 2nd round of the SCP.
I know Pavs not playing for fairly noticeable through the series but lets not call him our #1C.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Agreed, but look at how pathetic the power play was without Pavs. If the power play had scored anywhere near the regular season rate, then they'd have beat the Avs easily
Yeah. This whole post season has been kind of unfortunate for us.

Lost Simek for part of the regular season and entire playoffs. I don't think non-Sharks fans realize how critical he was to our team. They just think of him as a plug along with Burns.
EK65 playing through injury and definitely not 100%.
Pavs and Donskoi missed quite a few games.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I mean, he's been good/great most games, but MVP right now is Couture, Burns, or Karlsson. My vote would go to Couture, plus he deserved it the year we lost in the finals.

EK65 has made too many mistakes in his own end to get MVP imo. Burns has been phenomenal defensively (outside of some awful zone exits that lead to turnovers and goals against), but there was a long stretch against Vegas where he was a bagel in terms of offense. Vlasic has been outstanding, but I can't take him over Couture. Jones had those 3-4 awful games in the Vegas series, so I'd take Couture over him too. Couture has been awesome for two series straight, so I'd give it to him.

Reactions: Phu

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Melker? Erik Karlsson was awful the majority of this series, especially Game 7 where he was the worst of the 6. I'd probably go Couture as number 1, then Burns/Hertl/Jones as interchangeable 2-4.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yeah. This whole post season has been kind of unfortunate for us.

Lost Simek for part of the regular season and entire playoffs. I don't think non-Sharks fans realize how critical he was to our team. They just think of him as a plug along with Burns.
EK65 playing through injury and definitely not 100%.
Pavs and Donskoi missed quite a few games.
Most outside fans still think the core is jumbo, Pavs, and marleau. Of course they don't know who Simek is

Reactions: Sandisfan and Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad