• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
There are a lot of things you could plausibly question about the Sharks in the playoffs, but Martin Jones is not one of them.

Let’s get this straight: Martin Jones is prone to lose focus and let in back-breaking softies...

...in the regular season. In the playoffs, he is 100% dialed in and doing his best impression of a brick wall. I genuinely do think this is a real phenomenon. Not only does he have an exceptional playoff track record with the Sharks of stealing games the Sharks may not have deserved to win, but he also gives them a chance in every game. In his 33 career playoff starts with the Sharks there’s literally one one game he has ever let get out of hand (I think it was game 4 against St. Louis in 2016). He doesn’t have meltdowns in the playoffs and he can steal games. He’s calm and collected and doesn’t get rattled.

I honestly can’t think of a goalie I’d rather have in the playoffs than Jones. He’s a mediocre regular season goalie, but when he’s dialed in he’s pretty unbeatable.

SJ in 7 in a tight scoring game with one of SJs old grizzled vets getting the game winner

:laugh: Who are our “grizzled vets”? Pavelski? Burns? Couture? This is not Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau’s San Jose Sharks.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Because Winnipeg is still in it's hard for me to root for both teams, but if it's Winnipeg/San Jose, it would be interesting because Kane plays for the Sharks and Hertl and Braun insulted Winnipeg.

But realistically, I say Vegas in 6. I need to stop underestimating Vegas.

NOLAPensFan

Feb 19, 2014
You have been making some of the most ridiculous posts in this thread that I have ever seen on HF. You are embarrassing yourself.

Jones has never displayed an extra gear? Um, did you watch the Stanley Cup final against the Penguins? He was the MVP for San Jose. The announcers consistently commented on how it was some of the best Stanley Cup Finals goaltending ever seen. Last year in OT against the Oilers, he put on a clinic that had my jaw on the floor. He is absolutely one of the best playoff goalies. As others have posted: his actual save percentage, goals against, and wins in career playoffs games support that too. But hey, you keep believing your unsubstantiated "opinion".

I definitely remember Jones stealing Game 5

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
You have been making some of the most ridiculous posts in this thread that I have ever seen on HF. You are embarrassing yourself.

Jones has never displayed an extra gear? Um, did you watch the Stanley Cup final against the Penguins? He was the MVP for San Jose. The announcers consistently commented on how it was some of the best Stanley Cup Finals goaltending ever seen. Last year in OT against the Oilers, he put on a clinic that had my jaw on the floor. He is absolutely one of the best playoff goalies. As others have posted: his actual save percentage, goals against, and wins in career playoffs games support that too. But hey, you keep believing your unsubstantiated "opinion".

Lol Jones was/is good but you're riding him a little too hard there lmfao...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Not sure who will win but it's hard not to like Vegas and what the have been able to achieve up to this point.
I'm sure there is a good lesson in here somewhere about team building (not individual) and not needing to pay mid level guys 6/7 million for 6/7 years. A lesson that will probably get ignored.
Fit, form and function is greater than most individuals.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hard one to pick. Both teams just rolled through the first round.

Coin toss for me, really. I picked Vegas in 7. This will be my favourite series to watch of Round 2.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Sharks struggle with smaller faster forwards. Expecting march, smith etc to keep us very busy.

Demelo in particular will struggle. And burns is prone to some dumb giveaways.

Not sure that vegas really has any glaring weak link unless they ice reaves.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Gonna go with the Sharks, I think they're a better match vs Vegas than the Kings were anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad