Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Fleury lets in some weird ass goals, I won't deny that, but this year's Fleury just looks unstoppable. I think he has some extra gears that Jones has never displayed IMO.

Fleury in the first round with a .977 save percentage compared to Jones' .970. What are you even talking about?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Didn't expect SJ to look miles ahead of Anaheim, it'll be interesting how they handle thee Knights speed, they struggled mightily with it against Pittsburgh in the final a few years ago.

Reactions: Licentia

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
He's that type of goaler who makes miraculous saves followed up by some 5-hole back-breaking nonsense. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice Jones, shame on you.

Say's a Sharks fan, reality says otherwise...

Reality also says that in 35 career playoff games Jones has posted a 1.93 GAA and .93 save %... but hey those are just facts.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
SJ has the speed and skill to keep pace w VGK. Should be a fun, back and forth, higher scoring series. Jones is no Quick. Then again, SJ can actually score.

I had VGK take out LA, going w them again.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Fleury in the first round with a .977 save percentage compared to Jones' .970. What are you even talking about?
And Gibson's against Quick's is what? Context is needed my dear friend. If you like Jones and think he's good so let it be, I will take nothing against you for that. I just believe that Jones is easily one of the worst starters on a decent playoff club in the league. He can prove me wrong in this series because I will be watching hopefully.

Reality also says that in 35 career playoff games Jones has posted a 1.93 GAA and .93 save %... but hey those are just facts.
A lot of goaltending stats are skewed by team play which doesn't take that into account. It's a reason why I don't consider Holtby a top tier goaler either while posting good numbers too.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Fleury lets in some weird ass goals, I won't deny that, but this year's Fleury just looks unstoppable. I think he has some extra gears that Jones has never displayed IMO.

But Fleury also has more potential to meltdown which Jones has never shown so far in his playoff career.

Reactions: S E P H

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And Gibson's against Quick's is what? Context is needed my dear friend. If you like Jones and think he's good so let it be, I will take nothing against you for that. I just believe that Jones is easily one of the worst starters on a decent playoff club in the league. He can prove me wrong in this series because I will be watching hopefully.

Gibson's against Quick's is irrelevant to Fleury and Jones. There's nothing but your feels to base that woefully ignorant opinion on because there's nothing factual to back up that statement. Anyone calling a .930 save percentage playoff goalie as one of the worst anything doesn't exactly care what the facts are. They just want to fling crap for giggles. You're not a serious person with an opinion like that.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA

Well I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Reactions: Pez68

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I won't deny that, but this year's Fleury just looks unstoppable. I think he has some extra gears that Jones has never displayed IMO.

I have a very hard time getting a read on exactly how well Vegas, Winnipeg, and San Jose are actually playing. The other side of those series were/are not good for the most part. Especially true of LA and scoring goals. Fluery made some amazing saves at times but LA also blew a ton of empty nets by chucking pucks wide or over the top. In the 2OT game Fluery was mostly set up in a lounge chair in the two overtimes. He had a great regular season so I don't think he's a pretender or anything, but I'm definitely withholding judgement until he plays a team with a some offense behind it. The Sharks have the 4th best GF since January 1st. A much better test of Fluery vs LA who is 18th :eek:

Just in general I'm hesitating to think of any of these teams as juggernauts until they actually have some sustained competition.

Reactions: CrypTic

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013

You have been making some of the most ridiculous posts in this thread that I have ever seen on HF. You are embarrassing yourself.

Jones has never displayed an extra gear? Um, did you watch the Stanley Cup final against the Penguins? He was the MVP for San Jose. The announcers consistently commented on how it was some of the best Stanley Cup Finals goaltending ever seen. Last year in OT against the Oilers, he put on a clinic that had my jaw on the floor. He is absolutely one of the best playoff goalies. As others have posted: his actual save percentage, goals against, and wins in career playoffs games support that too. But hey, you keep believing your unsubstantiated "opinion".

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Fleury played against arguably the worst offense in the playoffs. Jones has never had a playoff meltdown, Fleury has had at least 4 off the top of my head.

Didn't expect SJ to look miles ahead of Anaheim, it'll be interesting how they handle thee Knights speed, they struggled mightily with it against Pittsburgh in the final a few years ago.

This Golden Knights team would get decimated by the '16 Penguins.

Done picking against Vegas

Vegas in 6

This is going to be like when you buy a stock, it drops, you hang onto it, it continues to drop, you tell yourself "it'll go back up", and when it drops again, and you finally sell it, it shoots back up to a price even higher than what you bought it at.

Reactions: Rorschach

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
This one is going to be close, but I think we can take it in 6. If the Sharks sans Thornton can keep playing this well, we aren't going to lay down.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Id say that would describe Fleury of the past few years too.

Battle of the Pretenders!

Fleury was the main reason why Pittsburgh was able to repeat last season. If not for Fleury, Pittsburgh likely would have lost to Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad