GDT: WCQF Game 7 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / FSW

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
How I feel reading the Ducks GDT (don't worry just reading not trolling)

tumblr_la0258dJVO1qzmm04o1_500.gif

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
I don't remember the last time there was a bad series between us. I guess '03? But in hindsight, that one was kinda cool, even though we lost quickly. It was shockingly entertaining.

Yeah I think it's been that long and that was just a magical Ducks (Giguere) team. Best of luck against the Hawks.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Well, the Red Wings have officially overachieved as far as I'm concerned. I was just glad they made the playoffs and made Ducks fans nervous. To actually win this series is gravy. I don't even care the Hawks are gonna steamroll them.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
It's more of the speed of Stalberg and his line's speed than anything. Etem has a higher ceiling than Stalberg could think about but they are relatively similar players for now.

Speaking of speed, what I think will be interesting about the Hawks series, is the fact that the faster the play, the better Quincy and Smith seem to play.

The conventional wisdom is that pressure and forechecking will force 2/27 to make mistakes, which is true, but it also opens the game up and lets them counter punch as well.

I can't wait to watch this series...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Best of luck to you guys against the Hawks. The better team won. Also Datsyuk and Zetterberg are incredible - I can never hate guys as talented and entertaining to watch as those two are.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Best of luck to you guys against the Hawks. The better team won. Also Datsyuk and Zetterberg are incredible - I can never hate guys as talented and entertaining to watch as those two are.

Thanks, man. They really are a joy to watch. We're all terrified Datsyuk will be gone after next season. :cry:

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago

A bit of hyperbole here, but FTR I think they might be naming trophies after Emerson Etem some day.

And #4 isn't so bad either. I am actually going to miss playing you guys on a regular basis.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
as much as i despise and hate the wings, ill give them the credit they deserve.. good duck hunting ... tough loss for us ... Howard minus his breakdowns has won my respect (sort of)

Detroit Sports*

Fitting that Filppula scores after the seething hatred he got earlier today in this thread. Good game from our boys. It's a steep hill here on out.

I love it. Ppl also forget is dirty toe drag assist in game 2 OT!

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The best way to leave the western conference, imo, would be to beat Anaheim(done), Chicago(unlikely), and then San Jose. A Huge FU to our Western Conference rivals of the last several years.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
What an awesome GDT by the OP!

Play of the Day:

When Howard pushed the net out of place while the team was under pressure. Getting a face-off in the neutral zone.

And a praise for Cleary who has been good this series. Nice to see.

The last 5 minutes of the game is this thread is a hilarious read. When thinking about the history of the series.

Last edited:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Yippee I eh partners! What a game, what a win. Like Jimmy said the Wings could not be denied. This was our game and it was completely meant to be.

Datsyuk was as usual the greatest player on the ice but for once he didn't have to carry the team on his shoulders. He helps light a fire under Zetter which has resonated throughout the team this series. The greatest thing we have to build on is the pride of the organization, Zetter and Datsyuk. Franzen, Filppula, Howard and Kronwall feed off that and also rise their level of compete.

I think the Detroit Red Wings deserved the series win. What a story. Our system of development tested with the fortune of having so many rookies on the team has been rocky but that much more rewarding. I am having a blast right now watching the best ice hockey in the world, and my team is moving on up. I am honestly confident in our chances in the semi-final. If Jimmy Howard gets hot...:D

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
It was a great series in my eyes minus the stupid blown leads, but it is what it is. I have enjoyed these Wings/Ducks playoff battles... always fun to watch.

You know, I feel as if this team is tighter than some of the other Wings teams in the past. It's like they enjoy being the underdogs for a change. They played with heart and really did never give up in the series. When they blew those leads and had to go to OT to finish it off, they always came out with urgency.

Babs said in his post-game interview he never expected to make it in the post season, but they did. Captain Z and Pavel decided they were going to and played with elevated intensity and passion those last 4 or 5 games. Something inside of me says these two will put on one hell of a show against the Hawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: