WCQF Game 5: Colorado Avalanche @ Nashville Predators | 9:30 PM ET | SN360, TVAS, NBCSN, FS-TN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
The wording of the rule is just dumb. Like he obviously directed it in but the rule is it has to be a distinct kicking motion and it was clearly not a distinct kicking motion. Was the right call but a bad rule.

Reactions: adsfan

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
puck went forward off his foot, he wasn't redirectring it... I think the reversal isn't in the spirit of the rule

Bad call by the officials to overturn that one
I agree with that but I think the initial call was wrong. It bounced off his skate, he didn’t kick forward. He was clearly trying to keep it in front and get it to the tape.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I honestly think that’s a good goal. Forsberg did the same thing back in 2002 against Detroit and it counted. That was in the conference final.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Tough call for sure.

He moved his skate forward and angled it so that he'd make contact with the puck. But I'm not sure that constitutes a kick? Looked more so like he was just trying to stop it from getting past him.

I donno.

They should just scrap the whole kicking motion rule tbh. Short of picking up the puck and throwing it into the net players should be able to direct the puck in with whatever part of their body they can imo.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Like how quite a few argue its "a bit of a kick", so no goal.

That is not a distinct kicking motion. It was angled, with a very slight kick towards the net. Seen worse called before. Hell reminds me a ton of the Zibanejad-Price goal years back.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
No, he angled his skate and pushed it forward to direct the puck towards the net.

The fact they actually overturned the no goal call on the ice is one of the worst calls I've ever seen in the game.

Disgusting.
They shouldn’t have overturned it after ruling no goal but that wasn’t a forward kick.

Reactions: SniperHF

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
How? He just angled the skate sideways to keep it in front of him. It didn’t go forward. And it bounced in. That wasn’t a kick.
interesting? so when you hit anything with the side of your foot intentionally it isn't a kick? What do you call it when you hit something with the side of your foot. He put his foot there it wasn't aimed at it.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I’ve always said they should go back to the pre 1997 rule which was any puck off a skate and it’s no goal. So even if a 98 mph slapper glanced off your skate and it the goal was waived off

Reactions: MacBradley

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Tough call for sure.

He moved his skate forward and angled it so that he'd make contact with the puck. But I'm not sure that constitutes a kick?

I donno.

They should just scrap the whole kicking motion rule tbh. Short of picking up the puck and throwing it into the net players should be able to direct the puck in with whatever part of their body they can imo.
Having a bunch of players kicking at the puck in the crease sure sounds safe.

Reactions: cgf and MacBradley

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Listen -- that was a very, very close call. People here who were saying it's "clearly" this or "clearly" that are wrong. Because there was NOTHING clear about that play. It was subjective all the way, and I could make an argument for both. If you showed me the replays, without commentary, and without telling me what the call on the ice was, and asked me "kick or no kick," I'd say it's a kick, and no goal. But it's still close.

But when the referee on the ice calls no goal, I don't know what the hell anyone thinks they could have been looking at to think they have any business overruling him. If you think that's clear, you must have really enjoyed 4/20.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Avs have waaaay too many lefties on their team. Balance it out. on that last rush, not a single guy could take a shot, because they were all lefties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad