WCQF Game 5: Colorado Avalanche @ Nashville Predators | 9:30 PM ET | SN360, TVAS, NBCSN, FS-TN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Anybody who says that's a "Clear kick" is kidding themselves.

... That being said, he's clearly at forward motion and redirects his foot. It should've been one of those where the call on the ice stands due to inconclusive video review.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I feel for the Avs and their fans but it wasn't a kick. First thought was "that looked like a redirect, not a kick".

If they would have called it a good goal on the ice it should have stayed, I just didn't think they'd overturn a no goal call here. But still perfectly fine call.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
The way he moves his foot, it looks more like an effort to keep the puck from getting away, than it does appear to be an effort to score. It just happened to redirect into the net.

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
How is that reviewable anyway? Why are only certain rules reviewed by a challenge? Who arbitrarily decided kicks were an automatic review, because I'd bet Nashville wouldn't have even challenged it. Nice replay system NHL, you've managed to butcher the only good hockey of the year.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
That was awful...you clearly see him extend his leg forward, also known as a kick.

Seeing a series maybe be decided by a review...wow, that's up there with the Sabres/Stars non call in the finals in 99.
I mean, the Avs still needed to win a game they’re being outplayed in and then two more after that in the first round. Maybe cool it with the hyperbole.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
It wasn't a kick, but the puck went forward off his foot, he wasn't redirectring it... in other words, that ruling defies the spirit of the rule

Bad call by the officials

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Even if hes trying to angle his skate, he moves his angled foot forward to knock that puck in. That's a kick. Feel for avs fans, they got jobbed.

In order to overturn a call on the ice, there should be indisputable evidence that it wasn't a kick. From every angle, that looked like a kick ROFL. I'm assuming Toronto wanted the Preds Jets series to start asap.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
His reaction when it went in certainly told me he thought he kicked it. His celebration was very mundane. That may be more because he wasn’t sure what they would rule but often the reaction tells you everything

Reactions: cgf

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You can tell which team is favored here. NHL wants the Preds to move on.

Hate to be a conspiracy theorist and my thought is this shouldn't be true but my first reaction to this was "yup, definitely".

Although, why would they want Nashville to win this one? Shouldn't they want more games? Shouldn't they want a game 6 and 7? Nashville will almost certainly win one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad