GDT: WCQF - Game #4: Oilers stay in L.A. & Play on Mother’s Day. | 8pm MT | TBS, CBC, SN, TVAS, BSW

First Goal of the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
You mean the first period onslaught that led to them going down 2-0 in 5 minutes?

This is what we want. If the Kings get away from their defense first trap style game in an effort to push the pace in our direction, they will lose. It's not what they're good at and not what got them where they are.

If LA wants to win, they need to go back to what they did in game 1. Sit on their hands and frustrate the Oilers for long enough that someone tries something too cute. Problem with this is they need to not get owned on Special teams and they need Quick to be good, two things that they haven't been able to rely on.
I don't believe even the game 1 plan would work for the Kings now, but I agree it's probably their best shot. Oilers looked very nervous the first game and were carrying around some playoff ghosts.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Todd's 24 second post game presser..

As much as I don't care for him he's right, and the Kings got sucked into getting away from numbers back hockey, which is only going to lead to disaster playing the Oilers, which they found out.

I think the Kings team finds some more resilience and better system play either tonight or game 5 but I don't think they can mount enough with the lineup Mclellan is putting out there, and like I said he's making some D personnel mistakes in the lineup. Not the first time. Like wheres Bjornfot, Moverare, Stetcher. Not even a chance for those guys?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
As much as I don't care for him he's right, and the Kings got sucked into getting away from numbers back hockey, which is only going to lead to disaster playing the Oilers, which they found out.

I think the Kings team finds some more resilience and better system play either tonight or game 5 but I don't think they can mount enough with the lineup Mclellan is putting out there, and like I said he's making some D personnel mistakes in the lineup. Not the first time. Like wheres Bjornfot, Moverare, Stetcher. Not even a chance for those guys?

I didn't even realize they had Stetcher. Seems like a pretty easy decision to play him, no?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some more of the mom cartoons for the thread;
1652034045019.png

1652034092777.png

1652034284752.png

1652034482828.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I didn't even realize they had Stetcher. Seems like a pretty easy decision to play him, no?
They gave a 7th pick for him just to give them some kind of other vet to be putting out there if needed.

I would say that 14GA in last 2 playoff games is reason to "break glass now" but apparently McLellan has other ideas. I mean one of Moverare, Bjornfot, Stetcher should be inserted. I mean what are you saying to these guys refusing to play them in this circumstance. All the Kings D that have been playing are black and blue. Thats reason enough to insert some healthy blood.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
As long as we don't get marc joanette I'm happy. That guy is brutal for oiler games

A few nights ago I posted I was going to go through the Oilers schedule with Skilliter reffing and I have to eat some crow. The Oilers actually have a decent record with him calling their games and the PP: PK ratio isn't outrageous either. Except when they play the Jets, it's one sided. 7 PP: 11 PK. Because the Jets played the Oilers so much last season, that must have been where I got the bad taste in my mouth from.

Sutherland is another bad one. Lots of PK's not so many PP's when he's calling the Oilers' games. Not including the 6-0 blowout the other night, the Oilers were 2-3-0, 17 PP: 23 PK.

There's a few others I'm curious about too. Garrett Rank is one of them.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Carolina is a ‘better team’ than the Oilers and just dropped 2 in a row against the Bruins and the series is 2-2. Does that mean they’re going to lose the series? Maybe, maybe not

If the Kings take the lead at any point tonight I hope people think of that before going off the deep end.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Carolina is a ‘better team’ than the Oilers and just dropped 2 in a row against the Bruins and the series is 2-2. Does that mean they’re going to lose the series? Maybe, maybe not

If the Kings take the lead at any point tonight I hope people think of that before going off the deep end.

What the hell happened to Andersen? He just cannot stay healthy. I know Raanta got run the f*** over but Carolina down to a 3rd stringer is clearly their Achilles heel (as it would be for most teams).

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What the hell happened to Andersen? He just cannot stay healthy. I know Raanta got run the f*** over but Carolina down to a 3rd stringer is clearly their Achilles heel (as it would be for most teams).

Some weird karma for them trolling with the David Ayres win? Maybe some leftover karma from 05-06?

Andersen has had some history injury, I think, but him going down to one before the playoffs didn’t bode well. Especially since it looked week to week and now, who knows?

There are no guarantees with goaltending when it comes to the playoffs. Or at least, very few.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Was listening to Matt Kassian on 1260, and he brought up the point that the first period onslaught from the Kings in Game 3 is going to be brought for a full 60 tonight. LA is going to be absolutely desperate.

Let's limit shots and suck the life out of that building by scoring first.
As Mr Tyson once said ”everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”

Honestly….that isn’t the Kings game. Trying to play aggressive opens the game up for us. Last games 1st goal is a perfect example of that.

Their only chance is try to keep it close till the 3rd, then anything can happen….like the first game.

We score first and force them to open up…..it’s over.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
It’s interesting when it comes to playoffs regarding goaltending. It really just depends on who gets hot at the right time imo and less about overall reg season performance. Do people still feel the same way about a goalie being one of our biggest needs/weakness now as earlier? Look at Tampa, St.Louis, NYR. Meanwhile Caps and Stars their young goalies are stealing the show there so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad