GDT: WCQF - Game #4: Oilers stay in L.A. & Play on Mother’s Day. | 8pm MT | TBS, CBC, SN, TVAS, BSW

First Goal of the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
So tonight I was considering a Song Parody and going through Memes & GIF’s and I decided to go simple and sentimental.

Around the World today we are celebrating our Mothers. In my life’s experience I have learned that although there is the traditional figure of Motherhood, there are others such as:
  • Single Fathers serving both roles
  • Grandparents raising their grandchildren
  • An Older Sibling raising a Younger one

I find this Day to be one of humbling perspective, when we focus even more than usual on the sacrifices that our ‘Mother’ has made.

To pivot this into our Team, I think that although we’re up 2-1 and have a couple of convincing wins in a row - I’m hoping our Boys are staying humble and remembering what got them here. That they remain focused on the conviction needed and do not take anything for granted.

I have faith in this Coaching Staff to keep the Team aware and prepared.

May our Boys win one for their Mother’s tonight.

And to everyone on HF Oilers who identifies as Mother - I hope you have a wonderful day:heart:

Mother’s Day Memes & GIF’s

75DE0E5A-201E-4FC6-AAC9-014855468BEE.gif

01B1014E-0D2B-439B-81F4-1714DADB2135.jpeg

19ED9E7B-426F-4523-B79C-92C54C48711B.jpeg

53F3B811-1EE8-436C-B744-087C58502B86.gif

21A87E5D-C147-47F2-9A11-6E1705EF5ABA.jpeg

D72A6115-D2C0-4D2E-AF74-D5C48F23BD04.png

DB8A3BC3-43AB-4BC9-AEB9-C143BA08D70A.jpeg

904F4381-59A0-44D1-A0F3-CABADA33052B.jpeg

0C49669F-5C0A-4D49-9564-D39A0C12A1F6.png

1BCCC607-AE12-4D11-8A03-4243546F6626.jpeg

4652CF31-59CE-4520-A6E0-6457166F92BF.jpeg

49C8466B-B238-4A5D-87ED-F2AA4057304A.jpeg

Lineups updated as per NHL.com​

:edmonton
Oilers projected lineup

Evander Kane -- Connor McDavid -- Jesse Puljujarvi

Zach Hyman -- Leon Draisaitl -- Kailer Yamamoto

Josh Archibald -- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins -- Derek Ryan

Warren Foegele -- Ryan McLeod -- Zack Kassian

Darnell Nurse -- Cody Ceci

Duncan Keith -- Evan Bouchard

Brett Kulak -- Tyson Barrie

Mike Smith

Mikko Koskinen

Scratched: Kris Russell, Devin Shore, Derick Brassard, Olivier Rodrigue, Philip Broberg

Injured: None

:kings

Kings projected lineup

Andreas Athanasiou -- Anze Kopitar -- Adrian Kempe

Alex Iafallo -- Phillip Danault -- Trevor Moore

Carl Grundstrom -- Blake Lizotte -- Dustin Brown

Brendan Lemieux -- Rasmus Kupari -- Arthur Kaliyev

Alexander Edler -- Matt Roy

Mikey Anderson -- Sean Durzi

Olli Maatta -- Jordan Spence

Jonathan Quick

Cal Petersen

Scratched: Tobias Bjornfot, Gabriel Vilardi, Lias Andersson, Troy Stecher, Quinton Byfield, Jacob Moverare, Austin Strand

Injured: Viktor Arvidsson (lower body)

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lames lose . Johnny blow his breakaway chance late in the game . Calgary scoring only 3 goals in 3 playoffs games and giving 6 goals . Their great D is match ours goal for goal and their fans with 101 excuses . Only thing left to do is win tonight so we can live in Crying Johnny and his fans heads rent free .

Happy Mothers day to all moms . They always stood by us even when we failed or made big mistakes and always forgave us even when we talked back . Gods most precious gifts are moms .

Last edited:

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
The Kings won the first game so they're the Red team in this. So if they split the series tonight it's 60/40 in the Kings favor.
Okay I'm wrong. I found the original article. Team A is seeded higher which is the Oilers. Interesting the article states game 4 is the most important game of the series for us.

NHL Odds in a Best-of-7 Series

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Was listening to Matt Kassian on 1260, and he brought up the point that the first period onslaught from the Kings in Game 3 is going to be brought for a full 60 tonight. LA is going to be absolutely desperate.

Let's limit shots and suck the life out of that building by scoring first.

You mean the first period onslaught that led to them going down 2-0 in 5 minutes?

This is what we want. If the Kings get away from their defense first trap style game in an effort to push the pace in our direction, they will lose. It's not what they're good at and not what got them where they are.

If LA wants to win, they need to go back to what they did in game 1. Sit on their hands and frustrate the Oilers for long enough that someone tries something too cute. Problem with this is they need to not get owned on Special teams and they need Quick to be good, two things that they haven't been able to rely on.

Feb 9, 2013
So tonight I was considering a Song Parody and going through Memes & GIF’s and I decided to go simple and sentimental.

Around the World today we are celebrating our Mothers. In my life’s experience I have learned that although there is the traditional figure of Motherhood, there are others such as:
  • An Older Sibling raising a Younger one

I find this Day to be one of humbling perspective, when we focus even more than usual on the sacrifices that our ‘Mother’ has made.

To pivot this into our Team, I think that although we’re up 2-1 and have a couple of convincing wins in a row - I’m hoping our Boys are staying humble and remembering what got them here. That they remain focused on the conviction needed and do not take anything for granted.

I have faith in this Coaching Staff to keep the Team aware and prepared.

May our Boys win one for their Mother’s tonight.

And to everyone on HF Oilers who identifies as Mother - I hope you have a wonderful day:heart:

Mother’s Day Memes & GIF’s

View attachment 542678
View attachment 542669

View attachment 542670

View attachment 542679

View attachment 542671

View attachment 542672

View attachment 542673

View attachment 542674

View attachment 542675

View attachment 542680

View attachment 542676

View attachment 542677

Lineups based on Game #3. I’ll update once information is available​

:edmonton
Evander Kane -- Connor McDavid -- Jesse Puljujarvi
Zach Hyman-- Leon Draisaitl --Kailer Yamamoto
Josh Archibald -- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins -- Derek Ryan
Warren Foegele-- Ryan McLeod -- Zack Kassian
Darnell Nurse -- Cody Ceci
Duncan Keith -- Evan Bouchard
Brett Kulak -- Tyson Barrie

Mike Smith
Mikko Koskinen

Scratched: Devin Shore, Derick Brassard

Injured: Kyle Turris (upper body),

:kings2
Kings Projected Line up

Andreas Athanasiou -- Anze Kopitar -- Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore -- Phillip Danault --Alex Iafallo
Carl Grundstrom-- Blake Lizotte -- Dustin Brown
Brendan Lemieux-- Rasmus Kupari-- Arthur Kaliyev

Alexander Edler -- Matt Roy
Mikey Anderson -- Sean Durzi
Olli Maatta -- Jordan Spence

Jonathan Quick
Cal Petersen

Scratched: Tobias Bjornfot, Gabriel Vilardi, Lias Andersson, Troy Stecher, Austin Strand,Quinton Byfield, Viktor Arvidsson

"In my life’s experience I have learned that although there is the traditional figure of Motherhood, there are others such as:
  • An Older Sibling raising a Younger one"
Yes, they are called Fathers (and Father's Day) and being a surrogate parent (i.e. Grandparent raising a grandchild or older sibling raising a younger one). I tune into these threads to get pumped for the upcoming game, not to confronted with pc language and nonsense. Cripes, I want to hear about hockey not be reminded of the last conversation I had with a 4th wave feminist friend of mine.

As Oilslick said, win for Ben and close out on home ice! I want to see the Oilers continue to abuse the Kings physically, put up points, and win the next two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad