GDT: WCQF - Game #4: Oilers stay in L.A. & Play on Mother’s Day. | 8pm MT | TBS, CBC, SN, TVAS, BSW

First Goal of the Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Sadly I'm sick today. Won't see my mom for our family get together this evening. :( At least I'll get to watch the game though. Here's to her and all the great moms in the world. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here. I think it's a shame how a number of people frown upon motherhood and see it as a negative thing these days.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Sadly I'm sick today. Won't see my mom for our family get together this evening. :( At least I'll get to watch the game though. He's to her and all the great moms in the world. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here. I think it's a shame how a number of people frown upon motherhood and see it as a negative thing these days.
Hopefully it’s nothing serious & passes quickly. Get well soon.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
You mean the first period onslaught that led to them going down 2-0 in 5 minutes?

This is what we want. If the Kings get away from their defense first trap style game in an effort to push the pace in our direction, they will lose. It's not what they're good at and not what got them where they are.

If LA wants to win, they need to go back to what they did in game 1. Sit on their hands and frustrate the Oilers for long enough that someone tries something too cute. Problem with this is they need to not get owned on Special teams and they need Quick to be good, two things that they haven't been able to rely on.

Not to mention that most of that “onslaught” was pretty low quality. If they want to play Dallas Eakins hockey then let them. The shot clock isn’t the tally that matters

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Ginger Papa likes this post.
30521ACD-8F89-4377-94E6-601130638E9B.jpeg

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Just watch for all todds subtle adjustments.

I remember when everyone was clamoring for Todd to give Jesse top 6 minutes give him PP time. There was one game he gave every single oiler forward PP time (including kassian, khaira etc) except Jesse.

Lucky hes just a painfully stubborn coach on another team now.

Why does every single oilers game have to start at f***in 8pm

I dont know either - suspect for the audiences that want to watch Matthews and Mcdavid. I'd rather they just have them on different days if thats the case.

Its painful if you got little kids that want to watch the game and they need to be at school in the morning.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Score the first goal and we’ll have them scrambling. They’ll either stick to their passive forecheck formation or they’ll open up and trade chances and Oilers have superior depth so either way the boys should win this one. Game 1 was a fluke where Moore had the game of his life and has been invisible since and Smith gifted them a goal.

Also Ben is in the building, so let’s go 9-0 with Ben in the building!

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
"In my life’s experience I have learned that although there is the traditional figure of Motherhood, there are others such as:
  • Single Fathers serving both roles
  • Grandparents raising their grandchildren
  • An Older Sibling raising a Younger one"
Yes, they are called Fathers (and Father's Day) and being a surrogate parent (i.e. Grandparent raising a grandchild or older sibling raising a younger one). I tune into these threads to get pumped for the upcoming game, not to confronted with pc language and nonsense. Cripes, I want to hear about hockey not be reminded of the last conversation I had with a 4th wave feminist friend of mine.

As Oilslick said, win for Ben and close out on home ice! I want to see the Oilers continue to abuse the Kings physically, put up points, and win the next two.
@Ginger Papa is probably one of the most respected and liked posters on this forum. You appear to have been triggered by something which is unfortunate. I see that you don’t post here much…thank goodness. Maybe your “4th wave feminist friend” is interested in conversation with you and your comments because I can assume many on here wont be.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I'm sick as a dog, but still have to work because that's what you sign up for when getting in the restaurant business. Plus side is I usually get to catch the third period in peace once we close.

Hoping for another big win today for Ben and his family, for Colby Cave's mom and wife, and for all the mom's and mom-like figures out in Oil country.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Hope our guys don't look past the Kings. We are and have been the better team, but not nearly by the numbers indicated by the last two games. Everyone needs to be awake from the start. Put a dagger through the Kings hearts and end the series Tuesday at home.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So tonight I was considering a Song Parody and going through Memes & GIF’s and I decided to go simple and sentimental.

Around the World today we are celebrating our Mothers. In my life’s experience I have learned that although there is the traditional figure of Motherhood, there are others such as:
  • Single Fathers serving both roles
  • Grandparents raising their grandchildren
  • An Older Sibling raising a Younger one

I find this Day to be one of humbling perspective, when we focus even more than usual on the sacrifices that our ‘Mother’ has made.

To pivot this into our Team, I think that although we’re up 2-1 and have a couple of convincing wins in a row - I’m hoping our Boys are staying humble and remembering what got them here. That they remain focused on the conviction needed and do not take anything for granted.

I have faith in this Coaching Staff to keep the Team aware and prepared.

May our Boys win one for their Mother’s tonight.

And to everyone on HF Oilers who identifies as Mother - I hope you have a wonderful day:heart:

Scratched: Tobias Bjornfot, Gabriel Vilardi, Lias Andersson, Troy Stecher, Austin Strand,Quinton Byfield, Viktor Arvidsson
At the exact moment I like this post it said @26 others also liked this post. Now it says 27others. By game time should be 100others. Classic. A lot of these are fridge magnets. Good ones.

McLellan exhibiting his stubborn streak again. Kings don't have the D size bo box out and yet he refuses to play Bjornfot and Moverare. Who knows why. Good for the Oilers that they'll be no adjustments, line up changes and line matching by the coach. Only Vilardi got kicked to the curb again and Byfield stays there for remainder of playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad