GDT: WCQF Game 4 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Boy this team is just confusing. Two periods of not moving the puck, and poor shots, then those last 35 minutes they go gangbusters and I feel like I'm watching the 2008 team

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Great gutty win and Hiller looked completely gassed all of overtime, maybe we can get him again, he hasn't been a workhorse all year this might take a toll and give us an easy game. Him being tired might have made all the difference he should have come out and got that and just froze then used a weak poke check and flailed out of position.

Great work by the third line tonight. Datsyuk and Zetterberg controlled play, they wanted it more tonight and it showed. Howard made some big saves and they did a much better job getting to the front of the net.

Gus two overtimes, two career points in overtime.

Lashoff was a disaster tonight, he needs to come out of the lineup.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I jumped and yelled so loud after that goal that my neighbor's dog started barking. No I do not live in an apartment.

Great finish, Love Brunner making up for his game 3 blunder. Back to Anaheim :yo:

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
I wouldn't consider myself a Howard hater, but definetely a critic. He played amazing tonight, I give credit when credit is due. So great ******* game Jimmy.

I'll 2nd that, big save on Getzlaf, I think Etem actually hit the post, but Howard played it great and shut the door.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
I BLESS THE RAINNNNNNSS DOWN IN AFRIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAA

what a game boys

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lashoff was a disaster tonight, he needs to come out of the lineup.

Every time he was out there I thought they were gonna score. I think he was out there for the first shift of overtime.. good grief.

Kronwall was a rock tonight though. He's definitely tightened up his game.

But in all this joy I have to say, Franzen was absolutely brutal tonight.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Every time he was out there I thought they were gonna score. I think he was out there for the first shift of overtime.. good grief.

Kindl was even worse than Lashoff. I think Lashoff definitely comes out on Wednesday since Babcock won't get his matchups.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
really good performance tonight. the opposite of game 3, we dominated things from start to finish, pretty much and only had hiller and poor defending to blame for being in trouble. we MUST keep that intensity up.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Done that, too.:laugh: High five.

6152261791_1a2c211fda_z.jpg

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I did not expect to be this excited about the playoffs this year.

Between Kindl, Dekeyser, Smith, Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar, and the guys who haven't made it yet the future is pretty bright.

Looking forward to a Nyquist-Helm-Tatar 3rd line next year.

Last edited:

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Pretty obvious I don't know **** about hockey because I thought the Wings were done after game 3.

Then they come out with this effort. I was proud of their play just to get to OT. Datsyuk had a pretty miserable game up until that goal. Howard was excellent, he has been the whole series, the entire team melted down in game 3 (and I thought that would continue).

Good game, good series, good hockey.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Kindl was even worse than Lashoff. I think Lashoff definitely comes out on Wednesday since Babcock won't get his matchups.

i quite agree. lashoff was very poor, kindl (who i generally like better than most people here) was dire. i don't share your confidence that lashoff will be out though...

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Boy this team is just confusing. Two periods of not moving the puck, and poor shots, then those last 35 minutes they go gangbusters and I feel like I'm watching the 2008 team

It's been that way all year long.

But I have to say it's a bit rewarding. I thought they would lay down tonight.

Aug 6, 2012
i quite agree. lashoff was very poor, kindl (who i generally like better than most people here) was dire. i don't share your confidence that lashoff will be out though...

I thought Kindl played really well for having Lashoff as a partner. Lashoff was literally never in the right place.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Franzen did a nice job defensively and getting the puck deep, but I agree not his best game.

Smith had two points tonight too, and after that goal really started firing the puck, interesting if his confidence takes off.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Lashoff just played his second playoff game and was +1. Ya'll need to stop hyperventilating and let our younger guys develop. Smith showed a lot of good stuff and I actually like him better right now than Kyle Quincey.

We are not going to win the Cup this year. Just relax, take a deep breath and let's see how our younger players develop. Nyquist had a nice game, Brunner had a nice game, Andersson had a brilliant game and as mentioned Smith is rounding into form quite nicely.

Quit taking your shots against a guy many of you are dead wrong on right now. He's overachieved - not to Ericsson levels but it's still early. Take a deep breath and let him find his game. He's a rookie. ;)

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Pretty obvious I don't know **** about hockey because I thought the Wings were done after game 3.

Then they come out with this effort. I was proud of their play just to get to OT. Datsyuk had a pretty miserable game up until that goal. Howard was excellent, he has been the whole series, the entire team melted down in game 3 (and I thought that would continue).

Good game, good series, good hockey.

i thought datsyuk was playing like a man on a mission. it wasn't all coming off, but i thought that he had a good match in general.

Austin Wings Fan

Mar 9, 2010

Lets be clear, this team is still pretty mediocre. But every now and then, they show a glimpse of what once made them great. At least the forwards do. Most of the third period and overtime was one of those moments. 2008-like.

Key difference: Offensive presence from defenseman. I though Smith and Kindl showed glimpses again, but I could not help but wonder during that Franzen-Fil-Cleary shift where the Ducks were hemmed in their zone if more dynamic play from the blueline could have ended the game. Any chance Rafalski or Lids botches the puck the way Q did to relieve the pressure? :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad