GDT: WCQF Game 4 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I especially liked the "BUUUUUULLLL****" chants at the refs.

So awful that he lead the team in even strength goals this season.

Grats on 13 points playing with Datsyuk most of the season. He missed so many easy goals thanks to Datsyuk working his magic and setting him up even though Gator's man was completely ignoring him and focusing on Datsyuk.

Weren't half of his goals this season just Datsyuk bouncing it off of his dumb*** and into the net?

I feel like I live in an alternate dimension where people cant see how utterly useless Gator is.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Grats on 13 points playing with Datsyuk most of the season. He missed so many easy goals thanks to Datsyuk working his magic and setting him up even though Gator's man was completely ignoring him and focusing on Datsyuk.

Weren't half of his goals this season just Datsyuk bouncing it off of his dumb*** and into the net?

I feel like I live in an alternate dimension where people cant see how utterly useless Gator is.

Nobody is arguing he is a top 6 forward.

Its just a pet peeve of mine around here how some fans seem to think that if you're not an all star you suck and should be let go.

Abdelkader led the team in even strength goals and led the team in hits as well. He's one of the better 4th liners in the league.

Just because the coach is misusing him as a top line player doesn't make him awful or utterly useless.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

The problem isn't how bad Gator is.

It is, ANYONE on this team in that spot will look bad.

Best player is Bertuzzi.

But either way whoever is with Z-Pav-XXX ; The XXX player is going to let us down.

Unless we sign a UFA worth 6million... and then hope he plays up to that contract.

We have alot of bottom 6'ers. They are starting to be moved to our top lines, because we just don't have enough good players.

Talk all you want about getting rid of Hudler (gone already), filppula (unless he starts making sense we will let him walk), and franzen (no one in the organization has suggested letting him go, but many posters here do not like him a lot and would be happy letting him go). But that is pretty much every player that is a top 6'er or better.

Sorry we have no replacement for those players, and if you say "nyquist, tatar, brunner, UFA etc etc" . Lets be honest... IF we are LUCKY, they simply REPLACE our "not good enough top 6'ers".

Bottom line, Gator, Eaves, Samuelsson are not as bad as people make them out to be. The problem is our TEAM is too weak, and thus these players are being used in key roles. When they should not be!

P.S. I think we are doing great to be tied 2-2 in this series. We had to win our two games in overtime, and the games we didnt, we were outscored 7-1

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
"Datsyuk scored u huge goal, which might Get our offense going."

Honestly does that ever happen? I mean we got a ton of goals in game two and then got shut out in game 3. I don't think a goal means jack **** for the next game. Playing hard is playing hard and if we don't get pucks on the net, we won't score. 10 goals from Datsyuk in one game won't change anything - other than provide us with 1 win.

I think that goal and Howard's save on Getzlaf were huge for the confidence of the team.

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
I think that goal and Howard's save on Getzlaf were huge for the confidence of the team.

Being in the stands, you could see the crowd almost waiting for Getzlaf to put that in, then erupted when Howard stopped him. The crowd was into it all night and certainly once they tied it up and saw him make that huge save, and i think another one on Perry(?) shortly after.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
When the reporter asks Babcock about the Datsyuk goal, he says something about Datsyuk and Z, but nothing about the goal.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
On the first line he is useless. He makes Shawn Burr look like Ray Sheppard.

Actually basically Abdelkader is Shawn Burr but in a lower scoring era and that guy was a top ten pick that played half his career in the top 6. I don't think Gator should be in the top 6 but his second half of the season was strong, he is doing his role and he is certainly a good NHL depth player. He is being misused this year, but what if he takes the steps over the next couple seasons and becomes a Holmstrom type, he is already more physical, wins board battles and is getting his puck retrieval down. He started scoring goals if Abdelkader becomes a 20 goal man that plays heavy and can be a net front guy on the second PP unit that would be a huge win. Either way he is a good third/fourth liner. This season has probably been huge for his confidence I am curious to see where he goes from here.

CloneHakanPlease*

Im not a big fan of Abdelkader but he looked a LOT better the last 3 weeks of the season + games 1+2. Kinda reminded me of McCarty when he played that year with Feds and Yzerman

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Im not a big fan of Abdelkader but he looked a LOT better the last 3 weeks of the season + games 1+2. Kinda reminded me of McCarty when he played that year with Feds and Yzerman

Actually basically Abdelkader is Shawn Burr but in a lower scoring era and that guy was a top ten pick that played half his career in the top 6. I don't think Gator should be in the top 6 but his second half of the season was strong, he is doing his role and he is certainly a good NHL depth player. He is being misused this year, but what if he takes the steps over the next couple seasons and becomes a Holmstrom type, he is already more physical, wins board battles and is getting his puck retrieval down. He started scoring goals if Abdelkader becomes a 20 goal man that plays heavy and can be a net front guy on the second PP unit that would be a huge win. Either way he is a good third/fourth liner. This season has probably been huge for his confidence I am curious to see where he goes from here.

Yeah, this is where I'm at with Gator right now. He really didn't look good for the majority of the year, but down the stretch he seemed to elevate his game a bit. Next season could be a good one to watch for the guy.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
The problem isn't how bad Gator is.

It is, ANYONE on this team in that spot will look bad.

Best player is Bertuzzi.

But either way whoever is with Z-Pav-XXX ; The XXX player is going to let us down.

Unless we sign a UFA worth 6million... and then hope he plays up to that contract.

We have alot of bottom 6'ers. They are starting to be moved to our top lines, because we just don't have enough good players.

Talk all you want about getting rid of Hudler (gone already), filppula (unless he starts making sense we will let him walk), and franzen (no one in the organization has suggested letting him go, but many posters here do not like him a lot and would be happy letting him go). But that is pretty much every player that is a top 6'er or better.

Sorry we have no replacement for those players, and if you say "nyquist, tatar, brunner, UFA etc etc" . Lets be honest... IF we are LUCKY, they simply REPLACE our "not good enough top 6'ers".

Bottom line, Gator, Eaves, Samuelsson are not as bad as people make them out to be. The problem is our TEAM is too weak, and thus these players are being used in key roles. When they should not be!

P.S. I think we are doing great to be tied 2-2 in this series. We had to win our two games in overtime, and the games we didnt, we were outscored 7-1

I think Clarkson might fit in very well on that line. Hopefully for less than 6 mil.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
I think Clarkson might fit in very well on that line. Hopefully for less than 6 mil.
if KH signs clarkson for 6m or 5m, he should retire and consider a mental hospital. i would not sign him for 4.5.

clarkson is one of the more overrated players in the NHL, imo. he's a dumb player who scores garbage goals. not a very good skater. career high is 46p with PPTOI and no SHTOI. NJD fans sometimes call him clarktard.

he scored most of his points in a short span early in the season when he was shooting lucky.

i don't think there is a enough difference between clarkson and abdelkader to justify the difference in salary.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

What a way to cherrypick stats. You realize these games you speak of consisted of one 1-goal game (and an EN goal) and one 4-0 blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany