GDT: [WCQF GAME 3] | Edmonton Oilers @ San Jose Sharks | 4.16.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I wish we had Pitlick healthy for playoffs. Adding him to this zoo of physical play would just be that much more awesome. I guess I'm just being greedy.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
0iRyYXb.png

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Just to be sure they should say "this is a sport called hockey, it's played on the ice with skates. the team that puts the most pucks in the other team's net wins the game. this is the playoffs, which means that...etc. etc. etc." ;)

It's just to keep anyone who just on a whim picks up a ticket while walking by the arena from getting confused as to why it's so loud in there, "oh, the shirt says it's the playoffs. Ok that explains it"

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Those injuries on the Sharks give us a huge advantage. We've got to take it to them because this series should be ours

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If the Sharks have Haley in, then you counter with Hendricks.

Not because I'm afraid of Haley getting the better of Nurse, Lucic, Maroon, or Kassian, but because you'd be trading a key part of this team's top 9 or defence for their #12 forward.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

I'm gonna say that this is a good thing. Seems neither ref is a PP manufacturer. Limit the careless stick work and pound them 5 on 5. With Thornton drawing in he will probably play in a limited capacity 5 on 5, but get a ton of PP time. Let's keep him on the bench and make them regret rushing him back in.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wish we had Pitlick healthy for playoffs. Adding him to this zoo of physical play would just be that much more awesome. I guess I'm just being greedy.

sadly, I'd think Pitlick is done with us. Chia likes signing college FAs, so we will be stressing the contract limit a lot in the coming years. But for sure it would have been nice if there were hope for him coming back for the playoffs to see what he can really do.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
sadly, I'd think Pitlick is done with us. Chia likes signing college FAs, so we will be stressing the contract limit a lot in the coming years. But for sure it would have been nice if there were hope for him coming back for the playoffs to see what he can really do.

I disagree, I see no harm in bringing him back for 1 year.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I'm gonna say that this is a good thing. Seems neither ref is a PP manufacturer. Limit the careless stick work and pound them 5 on 5. With Thornton drawing in he will probably play in a limited capacity 5 on 5, but get a ton of PP time. Let's keep him on the bench and make them regret rushing him back in.

Thornton is confirmed to play?

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
I want to see another physical game from the Oilers, come out hard and don't let the foot of the pedal for 3 periods. Hit bodies score Goals! :cheers:

Any news on One-legged Thornton playing tonight? Would love to see him sit another game out.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I want to see another physical game from the Oilers, come out hard and don't let the foot of the pedal for 3 periods. Hit bodies score Goals! :cheers:

Any news on One-legged Thornton playing tonight? Would love to see him sit another game out.

It's looking like he's going to be in tonight.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I want refs to call a ton of PPs (but we have to be mega disciplined). Our PP is killer and weve been rolling. It could spark McDavid and LD. At the same time the Sharks PP is kind of meh and our PK has been great lately

I think first 2 games Lucic/Kassian/Maroon/Nurse were begging for some intense playoff hockey and we going off crowds energy. But after 2 games they should see Sharks arent playing that way. They are going pure skill. We already have intimidated sharks with physicality, now its time to focus on not taking penalties, while laso still keeping foot on the gas hitting wise. But once whistle goes, stop everything

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

I think he'll be back on a 1 year deal. He had some success and the organization has never given up on him. I'd expect he gets a one year deal with a bit of a raise from last year, but likely no more than 1M. He fits very well here with the combination of big, fast, physical and skilled that we're building. He knows he'll get chances throughout the year to play up the lineup with skilled centres.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I want refs to call a ton of PPs (but we have to be mega disciplined). Our PP is killer and weve been rolling. It could spark McDavid and LD. At the same time the Sharks PP is kind of meh and our PK has been great lately

I think first 2 games Lucic/Kassian/Maroon/Nurse were begging for some intense playoff hockey and we going off crowds energy. But after 2 games they should see Sharks arent playing that way. They are going pure skill. We already have intimidated sharks with physicality, now its time to focus on not taking penalties, while laso still keeping foot on the gas hitting wise. But once whistle goes, stop everything

If Thornton is in I don't really want to be giving them PPs, even if he's not at 100% and their PP has been lackluster lately, better to keep being physically aggressive but cut out the stick infractions, these refs might actually let us play some real hockey too.

Should be a good game.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
This is going to be a difficult one; Thornton possibly back in and Sharks back at home where they went 26-11-4 in the regular season. Lets go Oilers, keep playing physical but cut out all the unnecessary penalties.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I expect a difficult McDavid-Pavelski matchup again. But I think the 666 line will be able to take full advantage of Thornton. Unless Thornton plays with Pavelski as usual. In which case, the second line should be better than whoever they are against.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I've heard some say that there is no such thing as momentum in the stanley cup playoffs. The outcome of one game does not affect the outcome of the next.

The quality of the actual players on either team and their effect on the outcome is another thing entirely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad