GDT: [WCQF GAME 3] | Edmonton Oilers @ San Jose Sharks | 4.16.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KneeOnKnee

Jun 14, 2007
Alberta
Haley will be going after Kassian for sure, and right now is the time for kassian to restrain himself as I think the zebras will keep their eye on him tonight after San Jose whined a little bit about the hits. It's Milans and Nurses turn to step up to the plate tonight.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Haley will be going after Kassian for sure, and right now is the time for kassian to restrain himself as I think the zebras will keep their eye on him tonight after San Jose whined a little bit about the hits. It's Milans and Nurses turn to step up to the plate tonight.

right on

Maroon Lucic or Nuse could have a Kassian level game any time

and Drai and McDavid haven't really had a good game yet either

it's exciting to think of our teams potential

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Haley is definitely not a pushover. ~250 fights between the NHL and AHL. Guy was born on the ice in the middle of a line brawl. Might be the most experienced knuckle-dragger in the NHL at throwing down.

That said, I don't see why we should be entertaining such a crap hockey player. Lucic already beat him down a couple weeks ago. If he is actually able to get something done out there aside from chase the play, maybe. But, if he is playing his usual game, all he is good for is being taken advantage of by our players playing actual hockey.
Im thinking hayley will be running our smaller skilled players. Most likely pay back and to get us chasing him around. The skilled guys will have to keep there heads up out there.i would watch klef to they will be dumping it in and running him. The oil may have no choice but to challenge hayley

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Klef is on the ice

tumblr_o1ylqwJXg01qkejxno1_250.gif

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007

Sharks have T-shirts, they make it very clear why you showed up to the rink for this event.

Just to be sure they should say "this is a sport called hockey, it's played on the ice with skates. the team that puts the most pucks in the other team's net wins the game. this is the playoffs, which means that...etc. etc. etc." ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

tbh we've had a lot of good luck this year as far as that goes. Which is a complete reversal from the last 10 years.

Whatever deal Lowe made with the devil, Chiarelli must have convinced McDavid to smooth things over with his Father.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I also have to say avoiding the dreaded afternoon game has been a pleasant surprise this series.

Oilers generally suck in afternoon games.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Heh, listening to that it reminded me a lot of AC/DC in the Bon Scott "Dirty Deeds" days. Nice find.

Yeah...Marc Storace was considered to replace Scott after he died but he wanted to do his own thing with Krokus. I'm a long time Krokus fan.

ANyways...hope the Oil come out and just play their own brand of game tonight. Learning to trust your own game is another important step in becoming a great team in the playoffs and in general.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
Haley is definitely not a pushover. ~250 fights between the NHL and AHL. Guy was born on the ice in the middle of a line brawl. Might be the most experienced knuckle-dragger in the NHL at throwing down.

That said, I don't see why we should be entertaining such a crap hockey player. Lucic already beat him down a couple weeks ago. If he is actually able to get something done out there aside from chase the play, maybe. But, if he is playing his usual game, all he is good for is being taken advantage of by our players playing actual hockey.

This is a dumb move by the Sharks IMO. The best answer they could have is to score on their PP. Bringing in Haley does what? Gives us a guy to **** off every shift he plays and draws him into a penalty. Save the fighting for home ice boys.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
Pretty dumb IMO if they do play Haley. If I was Edmonton, I would goad him into a fight and not drop em. Try to get some PP's

If I am David Deharnis I go out of my way to challenge this guy and rally the troops around my beaten body. Showing that hell if I am not afraid of him and I am only 3 apples high the rest of you had better man up and kill these punks.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Pretty dumb IMO if they do play Haley. If I was Edmonton, I would goad him into a fight and not drop em. Try to get some PP's

Sounds like Haley won't be in for the Sharks despite any earlier indications.

DeBoer thinks they have enough physicality apparently. :laugh:

C9jZVjEVwAEBaIO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: