GDT: [WCQF GAME 3] | Edmonton Oilers @ San Jose Sharks | 4.16.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Game 3 usually a important game

So looking forward to our effort level. I think its going to be a tight back and forth game tonight, after each team has dominated one.

We win ;)

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
No questions the Sharks will come out looming to match our physicality. Hopefully Haley will take many penalties, and, unlike the Sharks in game 2, we'll be able to capitalize on those.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Do the Sharks even have any forwards that can bring a physical game?? I know they can handle physical play... but not really any big hitters. Ward maybe??

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No questions the Sharks will come out looming to match our physicality. Hopefully Haley will take many penalties, and, unlike the Sharks in game 2, we'll be able to capitalize on those.

They don't have the "horses" to do that or they would have done that last game.

Stay on them physically, push them out of the rink and get a goal or 2 5 on 5, and things should take care of themselves.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Do the Sharks even have any forwards that can bring a physical game?? I know they can handle physical play... but not really any big hitters. Ward maybe??

Not really.. Brendon Dillon led their team in hits in the regular season, and Jannik Hansen is in the playoffs.. They need a Larsson. :naughty:

V2kmlb3.png

qkw03od.png

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Not really.. Brendon Dillon led their team in hits in the regular season, and Jannik Hansen is in the playoffs.. They need a Larsson. :naughty:

V2kmlb3.png

qkw03od.png

Larsson's stats are unreal. Thanks for looking this up. Confirms my suspicion that they have no physical forwards.

Tomas Hertl is one of their biggest hitters... oooo scary

Prayfor97Preyfor97

Apr 6, 2017
Looking back at all of those great Sharks teams that used to beat us on the regular, and looking at our team now, that fear is gone:handclap:

Sure, they may push back and win a game, or the series, but their decline, and our rise is...

inevitable.

wpmo0yjtqkqouezunn7o.jpg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Guarantee if he wants to drop the gloves he avoids Kassian Maroon Lucic and looks for nurse like all the other wannabe tough guys that play the oil.

I think that Haley could take any of our tough guys not named Lucic. IIRC he beat Kassian earlier in the year. He's not big but he's no pushover. TBH I don't want any of our guys fighting him as they are all far more valuable to our team than he is to theirs. That said I fully expect him and Kassian to go at it after Kassian nails someone.

Thornton left ice after 10 mins of practice as per dreger

I honestly feel bad for Jumbo. He's a tough cookie and if he can't play you know that he's hurt pretty badly.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
For those thinking that Haley is a pushover.

Zack never got a good grab on Haley's jersey and Haley took full advantage of it.

You'd have to think that Kassian has replayed this fight in his mind and would like to have a rematch.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think that Haley could take any of our tough guys not named Lucic. IIRC he beat Kassian earlier in the year. He's not big but he's no pushover. TBH I don't want any of our guys fighting him as they are all far more valuable to our team than he is to theirs. That said I fully expect him and Kassian to go at it after Kassian nails someone.

I honestly feel bad for Jumbo. He's a tough cookie and if he can't play you know that he's hurt pretty badly.

Kassian or Nurse might be able to take Haley imo. Maybe. Same with Larsson, though he doesn't usually fight.

I also feel bad for Jumbo, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a bit glad that we don't have to face him.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

you're right, it took our biggest/best fighter to take him on

hopefully Kassian doesn't fight him, as he's a positive on the ice, and Haley is probably a minus

PS. you could probably use an update on that signature eh? ;)

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
I don't feel bad in any way for Thornton when I remember him spearing Draisaitl about a month back

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I am not worried about this series at all Oilers are the better stronger nastier team that wants it more no matter how the refs try and change that. The 2 teams in the west that match up well with Oilers are the Ducks and Preds and I see this as the route to the final. Those series will have me worried not this one.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I am not worried about this series at all Oilers are the better stronger nastier team that wants it more no matter how the refs try and change that. The 2 teams in the west that match up well with Oilers are the Ducks and Preds and I see this as the route to the final. Those series will have me worried not this one.

I'm not super worried about Ducks. We can beat them if we play our game imo.

But the preds are scary.

But we can't get too far ahead of ourselves. Still have to play well enough to beat Sharks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kassian or Nurse might be able to take Haley imo. Maybe. Same with Larsson, though he doesn't usually fight.

I also feel bad for Jumbo, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a bit glad that we don't have to face him.

Kassian or Nurse might be able to get the better of him but I'd probably hedge my bets on Haley winning those fights. Haley would kick Larsson's ass handily, Larsson is big and strong but is not a fighter.

you're right, it took our biggest/best fighter to take him on

hopefully Kassian doesn't fight him, as he's a positive on the ice, and Haley is probably a minus

PS. you could probably use an update on that signature eh? ;)

Lucic took it to him, Kassian could do the job as that fight didn't go very well because of balance issues and Haley being a damn good fighter. Not sure if Nurse has gotten that much stronger since their last fight to turn the tables. I really don't want any of our guys fighting him unless the situation calls for it. If I'm Kassian I wreck their players and then let him get an instigator or roughing penalty. That's how you neutralize Haley.

I'm game when you are :)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Zack never got a good grab on Haley's jersey and Haley took full advantage of it.

You'd have to think that Kassian has replayed this fight in his mind and would like to have a rematch.

Haley is definitely not a pushover. ~250 fights between the NHL and AHL. Guy was born on the ice in the middle of a line brawl. Might be the most experienced knuckle-dragger in the NHL at throwing down.

That said, I don't see why we should be entertaining such a crap hockey player. Lucic already beat him down a couple weeks ago. If he is actually able to get something done out there aside from chase the play, maybe. But, if he is playing his usual game, all he is good for is being taken advantage of by our players playing actual hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad