Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
From the Sharks GDT..

oAzZlS8.jpg

'
Kinda think they don't like, or fear Kassian...

They should fear him. He's the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) in Hits :laugh:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Why goat? What does it mean in Anglo cultures?

They're from California...who knows what they mean?
they're too busy crunchin granola, and laying down on highways and putting toothpaste in eachothers hair...a different breed.
maybe a goat is a sympbol of worship for them down there?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Biggest games of their careers for McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Eberle, Caggiula, Slepyshev, Nurse, Klefbom, and Benning. Possibly for some others who have played in the playoffs before (such as Talbot).

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
HERE'S WHY WE WIN TONIGHT:

- How I see it. Sharks have one and only one advantage in this game - HOME ICE. Now let's get one thing clear, McLellan and the boys are not afraid of that building. We are 4-0-2 in our last 6 at the Sappy Center. However, we've seen the Oilers propelled by E-Town Playoff Magic and it was DOMINANT. Can they learn to harness that energy on the road? I feel like lessons might need to be learned before we win one on the road. My conservative prediction is we split the games in San Jose. Learning in game 1 and dominating in game 2. But then I remember the following:

- Nuge is ON HIS GAME and these playoffs will show why he was deserving of the 1st overall pick. I said after Game 1 that I saw flashes of Rookie Season Nuge, he did not disapoint in Game 2. Quick edgework, quickness in step, a willingness to skill pucks to the net and get it to dangerous spots. His quickness actually lead to him having time and space in the O-zone, give him time and space and you will see that vision of his again. Defensive play was phenominal. He was an absolute BEAST on the PK last game: He pressured Burns into losing the puck in his own zone, chased down the puck, navigated through 4 Sharks, got the Puck and fired it down to our zone for an extra 10 seconds off. He also picked off a Pavelski saucer pass to set up the zone and ripped it down the ice. The NUGE IS BACK. He will announce it to the world like he did during the World Cup.

- On the PK. I predicted we'd cut down the PK's last game. I underestimated the playoff energy. Tonight, in another barn I fully expect us to clean up the mistakes and cut penalties down by half.

- Eberle wants to be hero. He still wants to make his mark as a playoff performer. He's going to score some big goals for us in this run. Maybe that starts tonight.

- Talbot. Remember the last time Talbot got a shut out? He followed it up with another one right after. Talbot is riding high in confidence right now. Looks and sounds calm and ready to write his own story. I expect him to be huge again this game.

- Kassian, Maroon, and Lucic intimidation factor. This doesn't change. The Sharks were SHOOK. Pavelski's eggregious turnover doesn't happen unless we have them pissing in their skates. This continues tonight.

- Burns is NOT invincible. I asked in the Playoffs Weaknesses Thread: How do we stop Burns? Now I know. He's good but he's slow, has some lacksadaisacal tendencies in his game, and can definately get frustrated. Maroon was able to strip the puck from him when he was sitting behind his own net and he responded with a late game killing penalty. We were able to block alot of shots too because we are playing FAST. Burns isn't a leader. We keep on him, we can turn him into a liability for the Sharks team. Kassian's been looking to wreck Burns too, so far Burns has seen it coming and was able to brace for the hit. But it's gotta be in his head. One lazy play in his own zone and Burns might go night night.

- McDavid factor again. YOU. CANT. STOP. HIM. Most Oilers Sharks games are tight affairs. McDavid is going to get his point or 2. That could be enough to seal this game.

- Kassian continues to shine. He's the Fernando Pisani, or more accurately Claude Lemiuex of these playoffs. Sharks have NO answer to his speed and his violent intent.

- I said Benning's foot speed would allow him to play solidly without making Gryba like mistakes. Also said he has a chance to throw a big hit or score a big goal for us. He's done 2 of 3 things I expected him to... Let's see if he can find himself open for a shot. I expect he does big things with it.

- Maroon's going to bust through with a goal soon. He had a crazy amount of high danger area shots in the last 2. He won't be denied for much longer.

- Draisaitl and the first line have been dominant in the possession game. They haven't been rewarded yet, they will soon.

- Nurse is ready to be an impact player. He's the perfect player for hard, fast playoff hockey.

- Larsson is a violent scary man in this series. Crosschecks right to the face, huge hits along the boards. This dude is ready to write his own story.

- Our vet 2nd pairing was just crafty, smart, and responsible all game. Seks is looking to make an offensive impact as well. I feel he breaks through soon.

- Caggiula. How fast and skilled has this kid looked lately. He's my second choice for surpise playoff star behind Kassian. He's going to score a big one for us soon.

- Pouliot is playing surprisingly well! He's making some real creative rushes out there. Even drawing a penalty in the process. He's also been an annoyance to Sharks with his stick checks. You can tell he ups his game for the playoffs. That Rangers Run was not an abhoration. The real Pouliot knows how to bring it when it counts.

LETS GO OILERS! OUR TEAM IS ON THE ROAD NOW, LETS GIVE THEM OUR ENERGY AND POSITIVITY. IF YOU WATCHED LAST GAME AND YOU DONT THINK THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL, YOU BETTER GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED. OUR TEAM CAN BEAT ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE PLAYING LIKE HOW THEY DID IN GAME 2. IVE SEEN ALL THE TEAMS PLAY SO FAR IN THIS PLAYOFFS, NONE OF THEM BROUGHT THE ENERGY THE OILERS BROUGHT IN GAME 2. 10 YEARS FOR THIS OPPURTUNITY. ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT. WE'RE WINNING THIS GAME!

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

- How I see it. Sharks have one and only one advantage in this game - HOME ICE. Now let's get one thing clear, McLellan and the boys are not afraid of that building. We are 4-0-2 in our last 6 at the Sappy Center. However, we've seen the Oilers propelled by E-Town Playoff Magic and it was DOMINANT. Can they learn to harness that energy on the road? I feel like lessons might need to be learned before we win one on the road. My conservative prediction is we split the games in San Jose. Learning in game 1 and dominating in game 2. But then I remember the following:

- Nuge is ON HIS GAME and these playoffs will show why he was deserving of the 1st overall pick. I said after Game 1 that I saw flashes of Rookie Season Nuge, he did not disapoint in Game 2. Quick edgework, quickness in step, a willingness to skill pucks to the net and get it to dangerous spots. His quickness actually lead to him having time and space in the O-zone, give him time and space and you will see that vision of his again. Defensive play was phenominal. He was an absolute BEAST on the PK last game: He pressured Burns into losing the puck in his own zone, chased down the puck, navigated through 4 Sharks, got the Puck and fired it down to our zone for an extra 10 seconds off. He also picked off a Pavelski saucer pass to set up the zone and ripped it down the ice. The NUGE IS BACK. He will announce it to the world like he did during the World Cup.

- On the PK. I predicted we'd cut down the PK's last game. I underestimated the playoff energy. Tonight, in another barn I fully expect us to clean up the mistakes and cut penalties down by half.

- Eberle wants to be hero. He still wants to make his mark as a playoff performer. He's going to score some big goals for us in this run. Maybe that starts tonight.

- Talbot. Remember the last time Talbot got a shut out? He followed it up with another one right after. Talbot is riding high in confidence right now. Looks and sounds calm and ready to write his own story. I expect him to be huge again this game.

- Kassian, Maroon, and Lucic intimidation factor. This doesn't change. The Sharks were SHOOK. Pavelski's eggregious turnover doesn't happen unless we have them pissing in their skates. This continues tonight.

- Burns is NOT invincible. I asked in the Playoffs Weaknesses Thread: How do we stop Burns? Now I know. He's good but he's slow, has some lacksadaisacal tendencies in his game, and can definately get frustrated. Maroon was able to strip the puck from him when he was sitting behind his own net and he responded with a late game killing penalty. We were able to block alot of shots too because we are playing FAST. Burns isn't a leader. We keep on him, we can turn him into a liability for the Sharks team. Kassian's been looking to wreck Burns too, so far Burns has seen it coming and was able to brace for the hit. But it's gotta be in his head. One lazy play in his own zone and Burns might go night night.

- McDavid factor again. YOU. CANT. STOP. HIM. Most Oilers Sharks games are tight affairs. McDavid is going to get his point or 2. That could be enough to seal this game.

- Kassian continues to shine. He's the Fernando Pisani, or more accurately Claude Lemiuex of these playoffs. Sharks have NO answer to his speed and his violent intent.

- I said Benning's foot speed would allow him to play solidly without making Gryba like mistakes. Also said he has a chance to throw a big hit or score a big goal for us. He's done 2 of 3 things I expected him to... Let's see if he can find himself open for a shot. I expect he does big things with it.

- Maroon's going to bust through with a goal soon. He had a crazy amount of high danger area shots in the last 2. He won't be denied for much longer.

- Draisaitl and the first line have been dominant in the possession game. They haven't been rewarded yet, they will soon.

- Nurse is ready to be an impact player. He's the perfect player for hard, fast playoff hockey.

- Larsson is a violent scary man in this series. Crosschecks right to the face, huge hits along the boards. This dude is ready to write his own story.

- Our vet 2nd pairing was just crafty, smart, and responsible all game. Seks is looking to make an offensive impact as well. I feel he breaks through soon.

- Caggiula. How fast and skilled has this kid looked lately. He's my second choice for surpise playoff star behind Kassian. He's going to score a big one for us soon.

- Pouliot is playing surprisingly well! He's making some real creative rushes out there. Even drawing a penalty in the process. He's also been an annoyance to Sharks with his stick checks. You can tell he ups his game for the playoffs. That Rangers Run was not an abhoration. The real Pouliot knows how to bring it when it counts.

LETS GO OILERS! OUR TEAM IS ON THE ROAD NOW, LETS GIVE THEM OUR ENERGY AND POSITIVITY. IF YOU WATCHED LAST GAME AND YOU DONT THINK THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL, YOU BETTER GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED. OUR TEAM CAN BEAT ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE PLAYING LIKE HOW THEY DID IN GAME 2. IVE SEEN ALL THE TEAMS PLAY SO FAR IN THIS PLAYOFFS, NONE OF THEM BROUGHT THE ENERGY THE OILERS BROUGHT IN GAME 2. 10 YEARS FOR THIS OPPURTUNITY. ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT. WE'RE WINNING THIS GAME!

On the money.. love it..

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Agreed on all points. Most importantly:

THE NUGE IS BACK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad