WCQF Game 2: Minnesota Wild (3) vs Winnipeg Jets (2) 7:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS2, USA, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't mind the rough stuff in the end. Like to see some fight still in the Wild. Right now it is all Jets. They are looking good lines 1-4. And all 6 D have been solid.

Couple of observations.

Morrissey has been a rock. IMO he's the best Jets D man and one of their most valuable players.
Laine, is getting better. He already has 2 goals and an assist in his first 2 playoff games, but I can see him getting more dominant. The BPA is showing why he was Liiga's MVP.
Roslovic immediate impact, and not only did not look out of place, but very good tonight. Going to be hard to take him out of the line up.
Chariot, good of him to step in to fight Seether. Players take notice of this.
Hellybuyck, looking very solid early in the playoffs. This may be the most important point.

Liking what I am seeing. Series is not over, but if Jets win game 3. It is pretty much over.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Wild aren't going to get too far with matchups.

The only Jets line that could really be exploited, at least from a defensive point of view, is the Laine-Stastny-Ehlers line. But then you're playing with fire.

IMO this series is far from over. A team is never genuinely in trouble until they win a home game. Wild could easily take both of their home games.

But they're not going to get there by "matchups". They can only get there by getting a much better performance from every player on their roster outside Dubynk.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Wild have some real plugs in there just for the rough stuff. Pretty much a 2 line team and Koivu thinks he is on Mars right now after Buff destroyed him. I said Jets in 5 and nothing is changing that watching these two games.

Reactions: Snowman

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
I want you to say it. I know the number.
I guess I don't see your point... Wild have won 2 series in the time frame you guys are talking about... how is the jets 2 playoff wins the same? I'm confused? Not that any of this matters anyways it more shows your pettiness

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
For those obsessed with the past, I'm sure you can find many of the Wild's glorious playoff victories on nhl.tv's archives.

Perhaps after that you can discuss them on the history of hockey board.

This thread is about the series currently ongoing between the Winnipeg Jets and the Minnesota Wild.
that-was-a-little-savage-19494586.png

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I guess I don't see your point... Wild have won 2 series in the time frame you guys are talking about... how is the jets 2 playoff wins the same? I'm confused? Not that any of this matters anyways it more shows your pettiness
The point is Wild fans are throwing irrelevant playoff history at Jets fans, building up their mostly superior run of wild card births and early exits.

Why the ego?

Reminds me of my fellow Viking fans trotting out how often the Vikes have made the playoffs.

Haven't been to a Super Bowl in 40 years.

Ask me how well the playoff participant argument goes with my Packer buddies.

Reactions: Snowman

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

Wild have gone down 0-2 in 7 of their last 8 series since 2013. Business as usual

Reactions: Mnsportsfan22

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wild have some real plugs in there just for the rough stuff. Pretty much a 2 line team and Koivu thinks he is on Mars right now after Buff destroyed him. I said Jets in 5 and nothing is changing that watching these two games.
yes, the Wild are goons. for sure, they're all about the rough stuff.

Reactions: elnewby

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
it was hailing today. thunder and lightning and snow just a little bit ago.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That was a whooping ,,,

Don't get why Tanev would give them any hope by taking that beating tho, can't get involved in those after you spank them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad