WCQF Game 2: Minnesota Wild (3) vs Winnipeg Jets (2) 7:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS2, USA, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Wild control matchups, should be able to provide more shelter for their bottom 2 lines and bottom pairing.
Shelter them? You can't really shelter any line against the Jets, nevermind 2 lines. The Jets 4th line was up against the Wild's first line for half the game. Which I guess technically makes it our third line if you take ice time into account, but then our "4th line" is Copp-Little-Roslovic, which put up 2 goals tonight.

Matchups aren't getting any easier on the wild, if they want to win, they need Dubnyk to be spectacular again and they need to feed off the momentum of their crowd.

Reactions: libertarian

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Maybe he's having a rough go early on this series, but he looks useless.

Other than his penchant for dirty ****, I'm happy every time he's on the ice.

The dude just f***ing sucks, it's not even like he's a Marchand or Perry who can back up their dirtyness with their play on ice. He gets beat on plays and does something dumb in desperation. He should not be on the ice both for the sake of the Wild's chances and the safety of other players. Should've played Oloffson or Rielly instead.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
In fairness, Buff isn’t a very good fighter.
Yeah Buff doesn't punch

He doesn't need to

He just hold you with one hand and shake you all around like a doll.

I'm pretty confident Jets can hold their own with all the physicality, they will come out on top against the wilds.
But I don't want it to happen, Jets are too good for it, I hope they just blitz them with speed and fore check.

I just hope Maurice don't put Hendrick in .

4 goals tonight and the top line is quiet on the score card. There is more to give.

Then again, Wild is a tough team, they didn't get to 100 points because of nothing.

So Jets Boys better be ready (and for sure they will) in Minnesota.

GO JETS GO

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
pretty much conceded this series when Suter got hurt and Spurge just back from an injury. We were outmatched even with a full roster but at least there was a chance. This though...
My thoughts exactly.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The Jets 4th line was up against the Wild's first line for half the game.
And this is literally the only time Wild got anything going. When the Granlund line was against the 4th line of Jets. The rest of the time it was absolute domination by Jets.

I really wonder what Wild are going to do with line matching that'll turn things around...

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Shelter them? You can't really shelter any line against the Jets, nevermind 2 lines. The Jets 4th line was up against the Wild's first line for half the game. Which I guess technically makes it our third line if you take ice time into account, but then our "4th line" is Copp-Little-Roslovic, which put up 2 goals tonight.

Matchups aren't getting any easier on the wild, if they want to win, they need Dubnyk to be spectacular again and they need to feed off the momentum of their crowd.

I know. It's more sheltering by wearing out the handful of capable players you do have. The Wild get to choose the matchups which could make a bit of difference.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
For those obsessed with the past, I'm sure you can find many of the Wild's glorious playoff victories on nhl.tv's archives.

Perhaps after that you can discuss them on the history of hockey board.

This thread is about the series currently ongoing between the Winnipeg Jets and the Minnesota Wild.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Much more than Jets ever has.
That playoff experience really does help them a lot. I especially like how they were able to use their experience from past successful runs to really turn on the heat on the Jets when down by 1 goal in the third period. I think it wi-

What's that? They got out-shot 16-3 in the 3rd as the trailing team?

Reactions: Jack722 and Snowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->