WCQF Game 2: Minnesota Wild (3) vs Winnipeg Jets (2) 7:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS2, USA, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How? It is not like things were going well for The Wild.
Because if the Jets actually go ahead and turn up the physicality even further, Wild are going to be in even bigger trouble. It's a pretty terrible idea to tempt them to do so.

Reactions: larmex99

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Jets fans are triggered by playoff hockey...this wasn't even ugly or very obnoxious compared to many game endings in the playoffs. Especially in the first round.

Wild are outclassed currently and they are frustrated, and a few Jets have taken some liberties at the games end and the Wild have done the same. This is what happens...

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
this series was done when suter was injured. i don't even have a word for this series at this point as "done" wouldn't do it justice. i would think about resting guys to be honest if i were the jets and went up 3-0 and out shoot the wild 40-15 on the road in game 3.

Wild control matchups, should be able to provide more shelter for their bottom 2 lines and bottom pairing.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
HArdly. with so many to choose from Seeler did not stand out as worst player on the ice.

Maybe he's having a rough go early on this series, but he looks useless.

Other than his penchant for dirty shit, I'm happy every time he's on the ice.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Jets fans are triggered by playoff hockey...this wasn't even ugly or very obnoxious compared to many game endings in the playoffs. Especially in the first round.

Wild are outclassed currently and they are frustrated, and a few Jets have taken some liberties at the games end and the Wild have done the same. This is what happens...
They are new to this. Give them a break.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Embarrasing stuff from the Wild (or at least Winnik and Boudreau) at the end of the game there.

Dubnyk was amazing though, wow. If Wild can build on their own crowd and Dubnyk keeps playing like that, I don't think this is a sweep.

Unless their's horseshoe up Minnesota's behind they can make it a series. That's IF, I guess we will see game 3.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
pretty much conceded this series when Suter got hurt and Spurge just back from an injury. We were outmatched even with a full roster but at least there was a chance. This though...

Spurgeon deff not even 75% not even visible in the game, Dumba wore down as the game went on, Suter is a huge loss.

Reactions: libertarian

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Doing it like this is just pathetic, though. If they had done it early in the third or after the 2-0 goal, then it would have made some sense. Doing it at the end, picking on non-fighters and the smallest guys? At least fight Adam Lowry, wasn't he on the ice?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In fairness, Buff isn’t a very good fighter.

Yeah, if Buff wants to punish someone he'll do what he did to Boumeester. Parise and others are fortunate he's not exploding into these hits yet. Downside is he'll start getting penalties because they're too violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad