WCQF Game 1: Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC, NBCSN, TVAS, SN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Just so I can write it down somewhere.

Calling Ryan, Bennett, and Andersson to be the X factors in this series.

Our bottom 6 is the biggest mismatch and they've been playing good hockey.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Confirmed Flames lineup for tonight's game. ..

... anybody have a confirmed lineup for the Avs tonight?

Not official but we're probably looking at this

10glic7.png

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Smith's been solid for a few months now.

Smith has been playing like a starting tender for sure, but Grubauer has been playing .948 in the same timespan.

Flames need to rattle him and rattle him hard imo. Chase him from net and terrify the backup.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good team vs no skilled bad team. MacKinnon + Rantanen + Poverty Tkachuk as a decent big three and then just a nose dive after that. 10-0 Flames. Yawn

Wait, who?

Lot of confidence in here from the Flames faithful (not unwarranted, mind you), but if last night taught us anything, it's to expect the unexpected in the playoffs. Hope they come with their game faces on, and Smith remembers how to goalie.

Reactions: avsfan09

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Is Rittich injured or something? Why the hell is Smith starting?
Rittich isn't injured. I think Peters wants Smith in net for the 1st game of the series strictly because of his playoff experience and he usually plays well in important games. Personally I'd rather see Rittich but Peters is the coach and he's done pretty good behind the bench so far this year.
In Peters we trust.

Reactions: razor ray

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Good team vs no skilled bad team. MacKinnon + Rantanen + Poverty Tkachuk as a decent big three and then just a nose dive after that. 10-0 Flames. Yawn
The Flames have some skill guys in their lineup...though the Avs are clearly better! I don’t think the Avs win 10-0 though...maybe 9-1. Obviously you meant 10-0 Avs...right!? No way you can be delusional enough to think that the Flames can score more on Grub than the Avs can on Smith/Rittich??

I hope Flames fans don’t bitch and moan about the refs when the Avs give them an embarrassing beat down on home ice during game 1. You guys will be wishing for Gulutzan back by the time round 2 starts! Let me just say that Flames fans can safely and comfortably schedule rounds of golf for round 2 and beyond...golfing with Flames players will be one hell of an opportunity! :naughty:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Smith has been playing like a starting tender for sure, but Grubauer has been playing .948 in the same timespan.

Flames need to rattle him and rattle him hard imo. Chase him from net and terrify the backup.

They're on a crazy run right now. What was it like 5 come back from down 2 with that .948 goaltending?

They're playing with house money right now with a crazy good future but I wouldn't be surprised if they had already blown their load.

Reactions: Pizza the Hutt

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The Flames have some skill guys in their lineup...though the Avs are clearly better! I don’t think the Avs win 10-0 though...maybe 9-1. Obviously you meant 10-0 Avs...right!? No way you can be delusional enough to think that the Flames can score more on Grub than the Avs can on Smith/Rittich??

I hope Flames fans don’t ***** and moan about the refs when the Avs give them an embarrassing beat down on home ice during game 1. You guys will be wishing for Gulutzan back by the time round 2 starts! Let me just say that Flames fans can safely and comfortably schedule rounds of golf for round 2 and beyond...golfing with Flames players will be one hell of an opportunity! :naughty:
The Avs would be forced to win more than half their games for this to come to fruition :laugh::DD

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Flames win 36-0, Mackinnon and Landeskog hand in trade requests to the Flames mid-game, Makar waits another 2 years and commits to the Flames. The Avalanche hand over their Stanley cup banners to us out of shame because we cheesed them so hard, the state of Colorado hands over Denver to Canada out of shame and Denver is from now on known as "Calgary 2- with worse weed", Patrick Roy hands over his two rings to Iggy out of pure God damned respect of the organization, and the Flames end up winning the series in 6 where James Neal scores an Ovechtrick to win the game 9-8 in OT.
But then what happens if the Flames win round 2?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Flames fans sure do talk a lot of smack for a team that hasn’t won **** in more than a quarter of a century! You guys should merge forums with the Leafs...
I was joke bud, I didn't say anything about the past, that was you bringing up a cup run from 18 years ago :laugh: :laugh: congrats, your cup run can legally drink in Alberta

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
There's going to be one winner tonight and one loser.. guaranteed.

I just hope that fan bases on either side don't whine about bad refereeing.
I hate he continual whining about the refs that seems to go on in most games. Suck it up. Both sides have to deal with it. It generally goes both ways.

No Tim Peel from what I saw, so shouldn't be any complaints from us.

Heres to a good, hard fought series :cheers:

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
I was joke bud, I didn't say anything about the past, that was you bringing up a cup run from 18 years ago :laugh: :laugh: congrats, your cup run can legally drink in Alberta
And yours can hit on girls twice its age...and now be considered, legitimately, over its mid-life crisis!

How can a team that barely got a hockey team in ‘95, from a long-time struggling franchise, be considered more legendary and iconic than a long-time longtime Canadian franchise!?? Unfortunately for Flames fans, throughout their recent history, their FO had engaged with the Oilers for Alberta suck-off.

Hopefully the Flames make it out of the first round one of these years...

Reactions: tmurfin

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
It's cute when people look completely stupid with a comment they so obviously are clueless about. Also last I checked it was your dirty player who was suspended playing the flames, and lastly I have little doubt sammy would cave zadoras face in if they go.
Haven't checked out this thread in days.. seems like that was a good decision considering what this has devolved into.
Btw being serious do you really think Bennett(6-1, 195) would cave in Zadorov's(6-5, 230) face? Could he even reach it?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
And yours can hit on girls twice its age...and now be considered, legitimately, over its mid-life crisis!

How can a team that barely got a hockey team in ‘95, from a long-time struggling franchise, be considered more legendary and iconic than a long-time longtime Canadian franchise!?? Unfortunately for Flames fans, throughout their recent history, their FO had engaged with the Oilers for Alberta suck-off.

Hopefully the Flames make it out of the first round one of these years...
I'm happy you're proud of a fully grown adult of a cup run. Like I said, congrats friend.

And since we're digging up the past, the Flames have made it out of the 1st round more recently than the Avs :laugh:, thanks for coming out though.

Reactions: FlamerForLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad