GDT: WCQF | G4| Oilers @ Kings | 4.23.23 | 7:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Just posted in mains, oilers will come out flying while korpisalo holds on for dear life. Refs will call penalty on edmonton and kings score killing all momentum and edmonton chases all night....... out come I hope edmonton is on top when final buzzer goes but not holding my breath with the Hollywood script probably

Reactions: Mav3rick07

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Yea. Lots of rebounds with zero danger in terms of being scored. People not willing to go to the paint. Korpi is playing great but we also aren’t doing enough to make it hard on him.

I expect a pissed off and angry team tonight.

If we really are good. We will win this game decisively.

Also hopefully some regression for Korpi starts to kick in. Hard to keep up that save percentage over time
The only problem with all of this is that it's a seven game series. Not some 10+ game series. Oilers running out of time to "find their finish"

They had opportunities to win every game, but can beat their goalie or miss the net

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
At this point the Oilers need to block out all the outside noise, just show up and win. Play disciplined and play their game. We are ONLY losing this series 2-1 because of the kings power play and our penalty kill.

Stay composed, play your game and the win will come. Let’s bring this back home tied 2-2.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
Time for the Oilers to adopt that "us vs the world" mentality. Use that energy to get 3 wins in a row

Reactions: dsi

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Oilers score 4 or more and get the win. Need to get back to our scoring game with everyone chipping in.

No more drama. No more excuses. Just win!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oh god. THe dream team of Kozari and Lee tonight. McDavid grudge may be over, but they still are a couple of the lousiest out there.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some relaxing music to help y'all and still with the Cats theme.

Always seemed odd to me that a depiction of Peter Criss was on an Al Stewart Album cover. 70's had a lot of oddities like that.

My cats like Cat Stevens anyhoo

Will the Kings ruin hockey or will the current hockey gods prevail. Which way, the wind...This is the existential question today.

Last edited:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Refs continue to call simply unimaginably stupid calls, and continue to ignore anything that LA does. I put the under/over on PKs that we have at 5. LA wins by 2, with Skinner having his first really bad game (he is due).

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Some relaxing music to help y'all and still with the Cats theme.

Always seemed odd to me that a depiction of Peter Criss was on an Al Stewart Album cover. 70's had a lot of oddities like that.

My cats like Cat Stevens anyhoo

[

Will the Kings ruin hockey or will the current hockey gods prevail. Which way, the wind...This is the existential question today.

More relaxing cat music.

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Refs continue to call simply unimaginably stupid calls, and continue to ignore anything that LA does. I put the under/over on PKs that we have at 5. LA wins by 2, with Skinner having his first really bad game (he is due).
Well...your username definitely checks out. Half some faith. We got this.

Reactions: Balakay14

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
The reffing is gonna be what it is gonna be, so whatever.

What I want to see is some guys step up and to break through the LA trap because I don't really want to see 60 more minutes of it.

I don't know how to do it, but I want some dirty, greasy goals, rebounds, whatever it takes to get out to a comfortable lead.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Heart says Oilers will put their stamp on this series. Brain says we will deserve to win but a few brain dead mistakes will put LA to match point.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I want to see the Oilers start diving in this game.

The NHL has basically curated this as an effective strategy, so may as well get with the times. The refs keep biting on LA’s persistent embellishment, we are at a disadvantage if we don’t do it as well.
The problem with that strategy is that the minute we start diving, we get called for embellishment.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Jays Presser

This grinning Cheshire cat would be smiling in hell.

f***ing brother of howdy doody.

1682275444821.png

Didn't listen to him..

Black Sabbath sounding better..

f*** It I broke, I listened. This guy should be the coach of the Carebears. Rainbows and lollipops for everybody. Holy softball questions.

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ugh, I'm sick of hearing about the refs and all the ref complaining. I get it but lets try to move on discuss the game, it's making the fanbase look whiney tbh.
The bottom line is that the Oilers need to stop playing stupid, that's what costing them in this series. Play their game, don't play stupid and they should win because they've been the better team pretty much the entire series when they don't play stupid and play the game on even ground.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I see we have cali-mari kozari and his lower iq brother Chris Lee tonight....

It's like the Gilbert Grape movie but instead of their mom being stuck upstairs fat and dead it's all of our hopes and dreams for the game to be called fair.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ugh, I'm sick of hearing about the refs and all the ref complaining. I get it but lets try to move on discuss the game, it's making the fanbase look whiney tbh.
The bottom line is that the Oilers need to stop playing stupid, that's what costing them in this series. Play their game, don't play stupid and they should win because they've been the better team pretty much the entire series when they don't play stupid and play the game on even ground.
It feels like this board is just the Maple Leafs board lately

Rodrigue over Pickard is an odd choice

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad