WCQF: (2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (3) Minnesota Wild | Winnipeg Leads Series 3-1

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Put it this way- how many of Boudreau’s prior playoff series was his team (WSH/ANA/MIN) was his team expected to lose? More often than not, his teams have been upsets as favorites against supposedly lesser teams.

Outside of Minnesota, seems like few if any are picking the Wild to upset the Peg

So losing with sopposedly better teams and having home ice advantage has you excited about the reverse?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
If Jets can win the first game, Jets in 6 .
If they lose the first game, the psychological factors of never winning a po game make the series scarier.

Edit: I wish Jets were a quiet, dark horse though. Don't really like the favouring and attention

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
So losing with sopposedly better teams and having home ice advantage has you excited about the reverse?

I mean BB is obviously a good coach. I guess the thought would be it's something new so let's see what he can do.

Anything can happen in playoffs. Excited to see Wpg crowd

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
If Jets can win the first game, Jets in 6 .
If they lose the first game, the psychological factors of never winning a po game make the series scarier.

Edit: I wish Jets were a quiet, dark horse though. Don't really like the favouring and attention

I doubt the Jets care about what happened in previous years. This is all fan/media stuff.

Reactions: Still Mighty

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I mean BB is obviously a good coach. I guess the thought would be it's something new so let's see what he can do.

Anything can happen in playoffs. Excited to see Wpg crowd

It is just a weird thing to hitch your wagon to.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
haha funny, but you know whats even better, is when Laine wants 10 plus million, and the low budget jets cant afford him lmao! enjoy your little run of playoffs, Wild in 4!

Yhe tears in your eyes will be so big when Matthews only sign a 4 year contract....
Matthews wanna grow a beard...

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The Jets have earned the right to be favoured, but this is a good Minny :naughty: team that has been rolling at a good rate for a long time now. With Suter in the lineup I'd peg as a slight favourite but without him I think we should take this series. I expect it to be close and hard fought the whole way though.

I'll go Jets in 6.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Everybody overrate Jets badly. Not mature enough to sweep literally anyone in the playoffs. Goaltending still is a questionmark till proven otherwise.The defence is solid by names, doesnt impress at all when it comes to performing though. The overwhelming firepower is their key to success here. And knowing how Boudreau's teams can score, no matter what personnel he has, I think that series gonna bring us a lot of goals and go back and forth. Would say its Jets in 7 but its gonna be real close. A lot depends on goaltending for both sides.

Reactions: DaNaultinus

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
As a Wild fan, I feel like the only thing we've got going for us, with Suter being out and Spurgeon not at 100%, is that all the pressure is on the Jets.

We'll put up a good fight, but the Jets will win in 5 or 6.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Suter is out. In the playoffs when matchups are key that is going to hurt a heck of a lot more than regular season games. Jets in 4, maybe 5.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If the jets win game 1 it'll be a quick series. If they lose game 1, the doubt creeps in and it could be a long one. However I don't think minnesota has enough firepower to keep up for too long without suter.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Jets will win this, but I think it will be much closer than most expect. I'll say Jets in 6

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Jets in 5.

I'm not that high on the Wild without Suter playing, and that's not a knock on their defence. Rather, the Jets might be too much for them.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Safe money is on Jets in 6, but it'd be fun to see this go like the Minnesota-Colorado series a few years ago: neither team loses at home for the first 6 games and game 7 goes to OT.

Wish Suter wasn't out, but it should still be a fun series.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Jets should win, if you look at this series logically. Wild will have the underdog/bulletin board factor. If I was a betting man, and I am, I'd take Jets in 5 or 6.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Nobody pick the Wild to Win at all please and thank you.:nod: So far so good for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad