WCQF: (2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (3) Minnesota Wild | Winnipeg Leads Series 3-1

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Jets in 6 for me. Think Dubnyk steals a game or two, but the Jets are much better top to bottom, better high end talent wins out.

Exactly my thoughts, the talent is just too much on the Jets, If Laine gets going in the playoffs it could be deadly. Minny will put up a huge fight though they aren't rolling over and Dubnyk could enter god mode, we have seen it before. Only issue is lack of Jets playoff experience and if Hellebuyck can continue his outstanding play in the playoffs.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
What weren't you wrong about?

I have had season tickets since the first year in the NHL, before the hiatus you like to omit. So more than you, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else is a real or more true fan on it's own. It simply means someone either makes that a priority or has the ability to spend disposable dollars on season tickets. I know someone that has had 12 lower bowl season tickets since Jets V2 and probably goes to 4 home games a year, he isn't really a fan but spends huge dollars on them.

Now you predicted a sweep for the Wild or just an embarrassing series loss? You are such fan you are not happy with the results enabled by Cheveldayoff. That this team is positioned to be a serious factor for multiple years in a market that may have the most challenges of any NHL team. Yet .... here the Jets are.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing about any of your posts that warrants any sense of humour, nothing.

And yes I was and am right about Cheveldayoff, you're welcome but that actually doesn't please you. Bask in your angst and revel in your ever diminishing group of nay sayers.

An HF member since November 2016 after Laine was drafted who was apparently always right about Chevy's plan? You stood loyally by Chevy for quite a few months, bravo! Keep it straight though - setting my expectations for a loss is not the same as predicting a loss or a sweep - since you are keeping track of who is right (hint: it's always you!) Its just what I have to do to stay sane. You don't need those kinds of checks and balances on your sanity obviously, because well....I think we all know already.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
To be fair the Jets 2.0 have yet to so anything other then be a dominate team in this regular season. They still have to prove it in the PO's. That said I agree with you that this version of the Jets is the best ever. With their inexperience in the PO's is what I think many Jet fans fear.
Last year's Oilers had what success prior to the playoffs?
Experience over less experience in the playoffs, same for previous success, but it really means very very little.

This team was built for now, as Craig Button likes to say there is no easy button you can push, go to Staples to buy so you instantly become the vintage NYIslanders. Or like several NHL GM's and execs have said, the people criticizing the Jets and their GM are wrong and or stupid.

Laugh if you want, and so many continuously did, but it really was a process and a plan. It's worked, now to the next stage.

The league is balanced, the Jets could play wel,l even very well but still lose, ( as could every team ) that doesn't merit the comments and positions by some.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hi there, Minnesota. We've been neighbours for a while, but I don't think we actually got to know each other very well. So, tell us a little about yourself - I'll start. Contrary to popular belief, we actually like the snow, because it hides the potholes. We also have fairly agreeable Wi-Fi access, contrary to what certain teams think. We also love a good deal, which is why quite a number of Manitobans travel south to Fargo to partake in Black Friday sales.

Anyways, I hope we get to know each other better over the next couple of weeks.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
An HF member since November 2016 after Laine was drafted who was apparently always right about Chevy's plan? You stood loyally by Chevy for quite a few months, bravo! Keep it straight though - setting my expectations for a loss is not the same as predicting a loss or a sweep - since you are keeping track of who is right (hint: it's always you!) Its just what I have to do to stay sane. You don't need those kinds of checks and balances on your sanity obviously, because well....I think we all know already.
I have been on here since 2011. I am very very comfortable with my expectations, and the positions I have taken, maybe you should pay more attention. But that isn't a strong point for you and I have no desire to educate you as you don't want change your prior negativity.

Enjoy your angst and disdain for a GM that has built an incredibly deep talented team in a market that has more challenges than almost if not all other NHL teams.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I have been on here since 2011. I am very very comfortable with my expectations, and the positions I have taken, maybe you should pay more attention. But that isn't a strong point for you and I have no desire to educate you as you don't want change your prior negativity.

Enjoy your angst and disdain for a GM that has built an incredibly deep talented team in a market that has more challenges than almost if not all other NHL teams.

Well, it was very nice talking to you Kittie whoever who joined HF in 2016 but had a mysterious and anonymous account that coincidentally was right about everything all the time from 2011- 2016. I will take your word for it because you seem like a very happy and cheery human being, with a great sense of humor to boot. And even if I am wrong about you, you don't seem like the kind of chap who would seeth with blind rage for several years waiting for an opportunity to pounce and hold my nose in it. Cheers bud!

Last edited:
Reactions: QuietContrarian

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Hi there, Minnesota. We've been neighbours for a while, but I don't think we actually got to know each other very well. So, tell us a little about yourself - I'll start. Contrary to popular belief, we actually like the snow, because it hides the potholes. We also have fairly agreeable Wi-Fi access, contrary to what certain teams think. We also love a good deal, which is why quite a number of Manitobans travel south to Fargo to partake in Black Friday sales.

Anyways, I hope we get to know each other better over the next couple of weeks.

Hi.

Blake Wheeler is a damn boss:

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Jets are an unproven playoff team. Minnesota has tons of experience even though their experiences haven’t been very good. I can see one of Nashville or Winnipeg losing in round 1 because in the NHL playoffs all the favourites never win. Wild in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad