• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I haven't seen either of these teams enough to call it with any confidence, but I could see a Minnesota upset coming if it weren't for the suter injury

Wpg in 6

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
man i knew it was only a matter of time before the whole "which team will all of canada cheer for" thing happened.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
man i knew it was only a matter of time before the whole "which team will all of canada cheer for" thing happened.

As a Jets fan I hate it. I'd never cheer for another Canadian team at this point in the "drought" and don't expect or desire other fans to cheer for the jets.

Imagine how smug and full of themselves the winning fanbase will be.

I WANT TO BE THAT SMUG FANBASE!

:sarcasm:

Anyways, considering how coaches love to run their top D-men in the playoffs the Suter injury really hurts the Wild. He might have played 30 minutes a night against the Jets.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Jets and Wild reach game seven, and then overtime continues infinitely. In 50 years we'll be taking our grandkids to see this series still going on, and they will look up and ask us to remember the start of the series.

Josh Morrissey will log 25 years of cumulative ice time, and be hailed as the greatest D-man to ever play the game.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
For the first time ever, a Bruce Boudreau team will not have home ice advantage in a playoff series.

Gonna be interesting to see how he does in the underdog role.
Get the whine box set up, he is a gigantic cry baby.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Existential crisis starting to kick in for me now.

A) Watch WPG-MIN with all games more than likely to start at 3:00 / 3:30 AM, which means it is impossible to watch full two games at those nights. Sacrifice the rest for the glory of Jets. Get sad.

B) Go for traditional coast-to-coast schedule; watch two games consecutively. Miss the entire WPG-MIN series and get sad.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
imnot sleeping on minni sodaaa. series will be closer than ppl think due to pressure on the jets and inexperiance. jets in 6 or 7 is my guess. i hope jets in 5 or 6 tho

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Wild in 6

We've seen what they can do as a big first round underdog- Colorado/St. Louis in 2014-2015, scared Dallas big time in 2016.

And the West for once might be open for them since their playoff bugaboo (Chicago) is nowhere to be found.

Plus..... Playoff Underdog Bruce Boudreau.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
The Wild currently have 98 points and they didn't get there just because of Suter...

They're a good team and it's totally plausible they can pull an upset which is worrisome. Jets in 6 though.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Wild in 6

We've seen what they can do as a big first round underdog- Colorado/St. Louis in 2014-2015, scared Dallas big time in 2016.

And the West for once might be open for them since their playoff bugaboo (Chicago) is nowhere to be found.

Plus..... Playoff Underdog Bruce Boudreau.
Where is this nonsense that Boudreau has never been the coach for an underdog heading into a series coming from?

Reactions: untouchable21

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
we are notorious for selling our tickets. CHI fans threw lots of money at us...wonder if WPG is going to pay for a few people's season tickets next year.

CAD to USD exchange rate will make it harder for Jets fans to pay as high of a premium.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I get the impression that everyone in Canada hates every other Canadian team besides their own and the Jets.

I'd say it's 50/50. Some Canadians will cheer for other Canadian teams because they want the cup to come back to Canada. The others would rather gouge their eyes out than see a Canadian team other than their own bring the cup back.

I'm thinking the Jets could win in 5 or 6 mostly because the Wild injuries are more significant that the Jets. It would be pretty even if both teams were playing 100% healthy. A lot of Jets players do lack playoff experience though, so hopefully they handle it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad