Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Winnipeg has won 2 NHL playoff series since 1979. Our football team plays in an 8 team league and hasn't won since 1990.

Any Jets fan who gets cocky and thinks we are going to stomp the Wild is completely out of their minds or they are 12. We are playing with house money here, in my opinion. Win = amazing. Lose = totally expected.

Disagree with this. As of tonight they are 2nd in the league and should at lease win the first round. The Wild are good but the Jets should be better. If the Jets lose to Nash in the 2nd round then I can live with that since they are the best team in the league. Anything less then a 2nd round appearance would be a fail in my eyes of this Jets season.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Disagree with this. As of tonight they are 2nd in the league and should at lease win the first round. The Wild are good but the Jets should be better. If the Jets lose to Nash in the 2nd round then I can live with that since they are the best team in the league. Anything less then a 2nd round appearance would be a fail in my eyes of this Jets season.

You set your expectations wherever you want. I am preparing myself for something between disqualification loss and triple OT loss in Game 7 with Ben Chiarot throwing the puck into his own net.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Oh right, we are so good at losing, we even managed to lose our NHL team for 16 years! :laugh That is a good point.

Seriously, any sports fan in this town has had their hearts ripped out of them every year for almost 30 years. Do you even Winnipeg?
Has this season so disappointed you? Actual success from the Jets & Chevy is a bitter pill for you to swallow?

Not being able to complain about previous fixations that were part of, yes the "process" is now replaced with inane points you just listed and ones that have zero relevance?

BTW there have been championship teams from Winnipeg and very recently.

Do you even Winnipeg? WTF? Being wrong looks so effing good on you.

Thank GOD for Chevy :)

Reactions: pictman

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
As a Jets fan, not winning in the playoffs ever with this current franchise is worrisome, but watching this team all season long they are just too talented and have too much depth for them to not win this series. Jets have too much talent. Minny will put up a hell of a fight though.

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
Jets have never won a playoff game or series, therefore will NEVER EVER win a playoff game or series in the future.

Wild in 10

Reactions: C Plus

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Oh right, we are so good at losing, we even managed to lose our NHL team for 16 years! :laugh: That is a good point.

Seriously, sports fan in this town have had their hearts ripped out of them every year for almost 30 years. Do you even Winnipeg?
Have you not watched any other cities sports records? Major sports towns go through significant droughts all the time. But Guess what, they finally get over them. Stop shaking your head and see how good this team is!

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Winnipeg is the clear favourite but Minnesota can win this series even without Suter
I'll eat my Wild hat if that happens. Suter is the one piece that they couldn't afford to lose. And it burns even more with Spurgie out. But Suter.....he's the reliable workhorse that keeps the blueline together. Jets have too much fire power.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
You set your expectations wherever you want. I am preparing myself for something between disqualification loss and triple OT loss in Game 7 with Ben Chiarot throwing the puck into his own net.

Lol. I totally understand where you are coming from. I've been a Jet fan since 1972 and know they only disappoint in the PO's since they joined the NHL. This Jets version is a really good team. To be honest the best since the WHA years. The Wild are a really good team but the Jets are better. I expect them to win. That said if believing the Jets will lose helps you sleep at night then go for it.:)

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Has this season so disappointed you? Actual success from the Jets & Chevy is a bitter pill for you to swallow?

Not being able to complain about previous fixations that were part of, yes the "process" is now replaced with inane points you just listed and ones that have zero relevance?

You seem to lack even the slightest hint of a sense of humor. What was I wrong about? You mean the part when I predicted the Jets to finish 2nd in the Central back in August? Maybe its time for you to go outside. You're totally right though - I hate the Jets. That's why I've dropped somewhere close to $25 grand on tickets to watch them for the last 7 years. How much do you spend?

As for Chevy, the fact that his plan called for Andrew Ladd to refuse the 6 year 6 million dollar contract he offered him and then win the draft lottery in a year where the top 2 picks were franchise players was indeed a bold one. But you knew it all along. That's what makes you special.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

To be fair the Jets 2.0 have yet to so anything other then be a dominate team in this regular season. They still have to prove it in the PO's. That said I agree with you that this version of the Jets is the best ever. With their inexperience in the PO's is what I think many Jet fans fear.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Lol. I totally understand where you are coming from. I've been a Jet fan since 1972 and know they only disappoint in the PO's since they joined the NHL. This Jets version is a really good team. To be honest the best since the WHA years. The Wild are a really good team but the Jets are better. I expect them to win. That said if believing the Jets will lose helps you sleep at night then go for it.:)
I agree, Hope he's just superstition not brain Dead?
Edit
Just a joke

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
You seem to lack even the slightest hint of a sense of humor. What was I wrong about? You mean the part when I predicted the Jets to finish second in the central back in August? Maybe its time for you to go outside. You're totally right though - I hate the Jets. That's why I've dropped somewhere close to $25 grand on tickets to watch them for the last 7 years. How much do you spend?

As for Chevy, the fact that his plan called for Andrew Ladd to refuse the 6 year 6 million dollar contract he offered him and then win the draft lottery in a year where the top 2 picks were franchise players was indeed a bold one. But you knew it all along. That's what makes you special.
What weren't you wrong about?

I have had season tickets since the first year in the NHL, before the hiatus you like to omit. So more than you, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else is a real or more true fan on it's own. It simply means someone either makes that a priority or has the ability to spend disposable dollars on season tickets. I know someone that has had 12 lower bowl season tickets since Jets V2 and probably goes to 4 home games a year, he isn't really a fan but spends huge dollars on them.

Now you predicted a sweep for the Wild or just an embarrassing series loss? You are such fan you are not happy with the results enabled by Cheveldayoff. That this team is positioned to be a serious factor for multiple years in a market that may have the most challenges of any NHL team. Yet .... here the Jets are.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing about any of your posts that warrants any sense of humour, nothing.

And yes I was and am right about Cheveldayoff, you're welcome but that actually doesn't please you. Bask in your angst and revel in your ever diminishing group of nay sayers.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
haha funny, but you know whats even better, is when Laine wants 10 plus million, and the low budget jets cant afford him lmao! enjoy your little run of playoffs, Wild in 4!
The Jets are low budget how? You also of course know that the Jets ownership really isn't hurting for $ yes?

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad