WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Interesting point for sure, Jumbo seems to be waiting as long as he can. Hopefully he doesn't slow the Sharks down a lot when/if he jumps in. Crossing my fingers the PB doesn't throw him on the top 2 lines and he starts on the 3rd line
Id honestly have a hard time putting him back in the line up with how theyve looked so far.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Ducks just gotta win one here (to save face and possibly get a little momentum, one could turn into two.)

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Id honestly have a hard time putting him back in the line up with how theyve looked so far.

Taking Melker out is an easy choice, but whatever line Joes on instantly gets way slower. Vegas is a pretty damn fast team

Reactions: Phu

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Joe plays when healthy. The question is only which lines.
Oh i agree.. it just seems like all 4 lines are clicking and like friday said any line he goes on slows down...i wouldnt bring joe back until round 2(unless anaheim finds a way back into the series)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Joe plays when healthy. The question is only which lines.

It depends on how he looks when we're saying he's healthy. If he's looking slow, just start him with Sorensen and Fehr until he plays his way up to speed. Then once he does, throw him with Kane and Pavelski, move Donskoi with Tierney and Meier and put Labanc on the 4th line.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
People getting mad at me for calling the ducks a bunch of cavemen. Last night was not the first time those Oafs goon it up when they are losing. When they are winning they will spear you in the cherries and dive to get more penalties to run up the score.

I said before the playoffs, the ducks being out asap would be better for our viewing pleasure... My assesment is not wrong.

April 18, 2018... after a 1 week hiatus from the regular season, You will be relaxing and chilling like the Edmonton Oilers with nothing else to cheer for while being hero's to everyones viewing experience.

tyty :heart:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
People getting mad at me for calling the ducks a bunch of cavemen. Last night was not the first time those Oafs goon it up when they are losing. When they are winning they will spear you in the cherries and dive to get more penalties to run up the score.

I said before the playoffs, the ducks being out asap would be better for our viewing pleasure... My assesment is not wrong.

April 18, 2018... after a 1 week hiatus from the regular season, You will be relaxing and chilling like the Edmonton Oilers with nothing else to cheer for while being hero's to everyones viewing experience.

You are so next level salty about Anaheim .... its actually cute lol

Reactions: Still Mighty

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
I've said this several times this season... the Sharks have one of the best bottom 6 core in the league. These guys are very under rated and the media seems to not notice.

Other reasons:

1. Jones has been a wall like the SCF playoff run, and unlike the 1st round exit to the Oilers last year.

2. Kane has been the missing piece that enabled Deboer to not raid the other lines' talent. He's also been the spark plug that Doug Wilson talked about needing following the SCF loss to the Pens.
What??? Jones was far and away our best player in last seasons loss to the Oilers.
Y
3. This is not the same team and style as that SCF run season. These guys are much faster which the Ducks are not handling.

4. The Ducks game plan does not exploit the Sharks weakness. Their game plan seems to be pounding square pegs into round holes as if we are in a time-warp back about 5 or so years ago. I have to wonder what the heck is the Ducks coach thinking, but I like it.

5. Deboer is not making stupid coaching mistakes in the playoff games either. He's buttoned it up.
I agree

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
I agree with most everything, but Jones was outstanding against the Oil. Sharks were just injured and gassed entering the playoffs.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
IMHO they should have gone with Ryan. Gibson appears not able to move side to side as he has been able to before being injured.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Yeah, as frustrated as I am with the Ducks (words truly can't express how frustrated I am), SJ has really impressed me. I look at their roster and not many guys jump out as "speed demons", but the pace they play at is terrific. It kind of reminds me of Pittsburgh in last year's playoffs. Their D wasn't that great (especially when Letang went out) but boom it was off their stick and in quick transition just like that. Sharks are doing this well against the Ducks and it's made Fowler's absence even more evident. Love Beauch but he's not a top 4, and especially against teams this quick.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Good coaching by Deboer. He knows Ducks are a bit slower, and so he went with the fast guys. They have stretched the icy and mainly kept the Ducks from much-sustained pressure on the forecheck. The only Shark's team weakness this year has been clearing their zone and clean outlet passes. For some reason, even with breakaways and odd man breaks, the Ducks are still forechecking, although not hard enough, and not respecting the Shark's team speed. If the Shark's sweep or win Carlye will be out of a job (again with Ducks).

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Shows the kind of coach he is that he lost his players twice. The same core did not stop playing for BB so what's the common denominator here? I will admit thats Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler have been the furthest thing from being good leaders this series but RC inability to keep this team disciplined, his lineup choices, preference to punish young players and not hold the vets accountable is on him. Ultimately, it's our GMs fault for hiring him again.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
As a Shark's fan I feel for the Ducks just a bit. The loss of Cam Fowler is just huge. Of course, the Sharks have lost Marleau (but got him back in Kane) and Thornton so I'm not crying. The loss of those two forced DB to play the youngsters a lot this year and now by the end of the season they have matured and are really contributing. EVERY SJ forward had a point last night...crazy. And, Fehr was a steal. As a fan, I'm really worried that the Ducks will go for intent to injure in tomorrow's game. The refs swallowed their whistles last night mostly, and the Ducks went crazy in the third.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah, as frustrated as I am with the Ducks (words truly can't express how frustrated I am), SJ has really impressed me. I look at their roster and not many guys jump out as "speed demons", but the pace they play at is terrific. It kind of reminds me of Pittsburgh in last year's playoffs. Their D wasn't that great (especially when Letang went out) but boom it was off their stick and in quick transition just like that. Sharks are doing this well against the Ducks and it's made Fowler's absence even more evident. Love Beauch but he's not a top 4, and especially against teams this quick.

Their defensive personnel looks like an all star team compared to 2017 Pittsburgh's defense, lol.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8

Waiter, please take this back. Too much salt.

ImTheDuke

Nov 13, 2008
Danville, California
The only ones not excited were the majority of Ducks fans.

Amazing that Anaheim hasn't reached at least a Cup final the last five seasons or so. While the Kings have paid for some trade deadline misfires, they also struck gold twice and now you've got SJ doing it with Kane.

I've always been relieved that Murray generally sits on his hands at the deadline while holding good prospects and multiple picks. Never really went all in and they've come up just agonizingly short a few times.

San Jose has won the Cup a few times after Round One. They really come out flying some years and look unbeatable.
Is anyone saying that now? As a Shark fan I love how they are playing. But even before the final, they have some really good teams to beat in Vegas and probably Nashville. While I know the Sharks can compete with those teams, it's going to be difficult to beat one of them, let alone two. And IF they were able to somehow get to the final again, how much will be left? Both those series would be wars. Would it be like the last time they were in the final against Pitt? The Sharks best was gone by the time they played them.

Reactions: Getz2perry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->