WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks | Sharks Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't think Trevor Daley is any kind of improvement unless he takes a base salary and takes on the #7 role. Pettersson has established himself as a player who deserves a roster spot. I'm not saying he won't face a few bumps in the road during his development, but being sheltered by our top-4 should be more than enough to help him along.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind picking up a veteran for the bottom pair but I think that's something that's easily done during the season. Bob Murray seems to like to overpay them in the offseason, which never works.

Daley would be an improvement just on the basis that he's paid less and you can bury him if he becomes a problem but he's not the only option in that light that could be useful to a Ducks team looking to build upon their blue line depth. His usage isn't going to be much of an issue. That's fairly consistent among 3rd pairings. But providing consistency is something that is often gotten through experience and guidance from veterans. I agree that it'll be pretty easy to get. In either instance, they should take a run at Kane if he gets to UFA no matter what and he'll be of big assistance to that forward group regardless of what happens to Kesler or Perry.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Poltergeist-2-Kane.jpg

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Thats assuming Carlyle has any control over his team. Bunch of selfish guys out there for the Ducks

Shows the kind of coach he is that he lost his players twice. The same core did not stop playing for BB so what's the common denominator here? I will admit thats Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler have been the furthest thing from being good leaders this series but RC inability to keep this team disciplined, his lineup choices, preference to punish young players and not hold the vets accountable is on him. Ultimately, it's our GMs fault for hiring him again.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Shows the kind of coach he is that he lost his players twice. The same core did not stop playing for BB so what's the common denominator here? I will admit thats Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler have been the furthest thing from being good leaders this series but RC inability to keep this team disciplined, his lineup choices, preference to punish young players and not hold the vets accountable is on him. Ultimately, it's our GMs fault for hiring him again.

Tough spot to be in, think he should just bench Perry and send a message to that group. The younger guys are feeding off of that stuff and its creating a really negative culture.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tough spot to be in, think he should just bench Perry and send a message to that group. The younger guys are feeding off of that stuff and its creating a really negative culture.

Unfortunetly we are blindly loyal... moved theodore to keep kevin frickin bieska.

Id sit perry getz kesler and ritchie... they all have literally done nothing but take bad penalties.... but rc will coach to save his own ass... and he can basically live off the fact that we had injuries all year and still made playoffs.. which means he wont be fired, and next season the locker is going to do what it did last time rc was here.

All i know is this seems like it was a good year to miss the playoffs and get a top 15 pick... but noooo they messed that up too

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
"San Jose sure looks nice this time of year." - Albertans right now

I'm not even that surprised it's 3-0, get to Getzlaf and you've got to the Ducks. The Sharks are still largely the team that made the Final two years ago, plus Evander Kane. Perry and Kesler are clinging to relevance. The only thing relevant about Kevin Bieksa is his fat gaping mouth after he watches Donskoi or Hertl blow by him. Finally the Ducks get somebody their own size in the 1st round.

Martin Jones had a .978 SV% in game 3 and has a .928 so far this series. Not bad for an 8th round fantasy pickup

giphy.gif

Martin Jones does not have .928 save percentage in the series, it is .970. ;)

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Unfortunetly we are blindly loyal... moved theodore to keep kevin frickin bieska.

Id sit perry getz kesler and ritchie... they all have literally done nothing but take bad penalties.... but rc will coach to save his own ass... and he can basically live off the fact that we had injuries all year and still made playoffs.. which means he wont be fired, and next season the locker is going to do what it did last time rc was here.

All i know is this seems like it was a good year to miss the playoffs and get a top 15 pick... but noooo they messed that up too

Never want to throw the towel in but that would be an awesome way to send that group a hello. No way should they keep RC after this, Ducks are way to solid of a team to blow up, just needs tweaks. Ride it into the dirt like the Sharks haha keep the old guys until they have absolutely nothing left to give.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Never want to throw the towel in but that would be an awesome way to send that group a hello. No way should they keep RC after this, Ducks are way to solid of a team to blow up, just needs tweaks. Ride it into the dirt like the Sharks haha keep the old guys until they have absolutely nothing left to give.
Our leaders have been in the league too long to take costly penalties like that and it rubs off on the younger guys... getz kesler perry shouldnt hsve letters next year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I don't even know why they were blindly loyal to Bieksa. He's never helped them really unless that still stems from the original trade that brought him to Anaheim in the first place. But even so, you break that when you realize that Bieksa has been garbage for your team. If that's truly the case, they need to can the whole management team and coaching staff and start over from the top.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Our leaders have been in the league too long to take costly penalties like that and it rubs off on the younger guys... getz kesler perry shouldnt hsve letters next year.

Honestly Brandon Montour looks awesome, bummed to see him join in at the end of the game with the cross checks and slashes. He's been one of the best players this series.

Reactions: CrypTic

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't even know why they were blindly loyal to Bieksa. He's never helped them really unless that still stems from the original trade that brought him to Anaheim in the first place. But even so, you break that when you realize that Bieksa has been garbage for your team. If that's truly the case, they need to can the whole management team and coaching staff and start over from the top.
The only thing i can think of is that bieska extension was part of kesler extending here ... cause there id no way with todays access to stats and video you could say bieska is a 4 mil dmen.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The only thing i can think of is that bieska extension was part of kesler extending here ... cause there id no way with todays access to stats and video you could say bieska is a 4 mil dmen.

Yeah but why would extending Kesler make you do that much? Kesler was good at the time but not the special player he once was in Vancouver.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If this series leads to the Ducks stripping the captaincy of Getzlaf, it will mean that all 3 of the California teams will have stripped their captain of the captaincy and kept them on their roster due to an embarrassing loss to another California team

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly Brandon Montour looks awesome, bummed to see him join in at the end of the game with the cross checks and slashes. He's been one of the best players this series.

Montour has always had a bit of edginess to his game, but def doesnt help when you see your leaders doing it.
But i agree he has been 1 of the few bright spots in the series.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Montour has been a beauty, everyone else can go f*** themselves.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And Montour has been good. Gibson has looked really good.

Montour has looked good with the puck and in the offensive zone. Defensively, he's a train wreck right now. Gibson has just been overwhelmed by the quality of opportunities his defense has been giving up in this series. The difference so far is that the Sharks get their chances from the inside and the Ducks have been kept to the outside more often.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Montour has looked good with the puck and in the offensive zone. Defensively, he's a train wreck right now. Gibson has just been overwhelmed by the quality of opportunities his defense has been giving up in this series. The difference so far is that the Sharks get their chances from the inside and the Ducks have been kept to the outside more often.
It’s really crazy the difference of the Ducks and Sharks. Game 1: Ducks looked better in the first period and then fell apart. Game 2: I only watched the third so I can’t comment on that. Game 3: the Ducks looked better in period 1 and the beginning of period 2. Then just fell apart after the 3rd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad