WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Kopitar and Doughty spend all their time focusing on Wild Bill, they're gonna have problems with Marchesseault and Smith. And you're still forgetting the Haula, Neal, Perron line who combined for 70 goals and 140 points.

Also Quick may be better than MAF overall but he is absolutely exposable.

You may be forgetting that the Kings are 2-0 against VGK with Carter in the lineup. He's a big difference maker.

Kings are missing 50% of their top4 D. I don’t love our chances playing with some combo of LaDue Fantenberg Gravel Brickley on the back end.

I totally agree. If we enter this series without Muzzin at least, we're in trouble. If we enter it without muzzin AND Iafallo, we're in bigger trouble. Also, Brickley is ineligible, so it may be like the Wild game where we get Doughty-(Gravel/Fantenberg,), Martinez-Phaneuf, Muzzin-Folin and one of Muzzin/Phaneuf moves up to play with Doughty frequently so we're mostly rolling 5 guys and only bringing in Gravel/Fantenberg for 8-10 minutes.

serenity now

Dec 12, 2009
Lower California
Major concerns about Kings thin back end. If Muzzin doesn't play, playoff run will be short just as it was 2 years ago when Martinez was hurt and Sharks rolled them.

That being said, I think Kings (and most of their fan base) got the match up they wanted.

Careful what you ask for...look forward to watching playoff hockey

DavidKING

Apr 8, 2018
WE BELIEVE IN JC

521277376.jpg

Reactions: generationalfan

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Kopitar/Doughty/Quick is too much a proven commodity to pick against them in an unknown like Vegas.

Taking Kings in 6.

I do wanna see Vegas win at least one home playoff game, those fans and that community deserve at least that.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You may be forgetting that the Kings are 2-0 against VGK with Carter in the lineup. He's a big difference maker.

I totally agree. If we enter this series without Muzzin at least, we're in trouble. If we enter it without muzzin AND Iafallo, we're in bigger trouble. Also, Brickley is ineligible, so it may be like the Wild game where we get Doughty-(Gravel/Fantenberg,), Martinez-Phaneuf, Muzzin-Folin and one of Muzzin/Phaneuf moves up to play with Doughty frequently so we're mostly rolling 5 guys and only bringing in Gravel/Fantenberg for 8-10 minutes.
I've got respect for you RJ, but you too failed to see the point of why I said that. Kase Me Outside post acts like the only factors relevant to any chance for Vegas and what LA has to focus on are Karlsson and Fleury, which is just not a good way of looking at things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
I think the Kings win, but people saying Vegas doesn’t have a chance because LA is better on paper are moronic. “On paper”, Vegas is a bottom five team in the league, but that hasn’t meant anything all year.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I have not been a believer in Vegas as a competitive team since opening night. I might as well stick to my position. Kings in a romp. 5 quick games.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I have not been a believer in Vegas as a competitive team since opening night. I might as well stick to my position. Kings in a romp. 5 quick games.

Stick to being wrong? I think it’s silly that you don’t think they’re competitive. They didn’t get at the top of the league by losing.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Forbort is much easier to replace so he's not a big deal, but missing Muzzin will really hurt

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Are you being serious? You think elite talent is going to be absolutely shell shocked by over achievers who are cooling down and having career years?

This core has won 2 cups recently taking down top tier cores.
It was 4 and 6 years ago. This core became older. They are unlikely to be able to stand Vegas' speed.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Love this matchup, a Vegas-LA rivalry was meant to be. I'm morally obligated to root for Vegas here, and I think they'll make it a series, but LA in 6 is my vote. Vegas at their best might fire on more cylinders, but LA, especially with Brown and Kopi back in good form, have too many battle-tested guys that can kill you in those critical moments. Their best offensive players are also some of their best defensive players, which is part of what I think made them successful in the past. Okay, multiple shower time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad