WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's simple dude. The league wants your wittle team at least into the next round to finish off this story book season that was born from tragedy. Those are the best storylines and they sell merchandise and tickets.
I will eat crow only if your boy Haula hoop gets a game for the intent to injure butt end he threw at a superstar.
Otherwise the fix is definitely in.
How will I sleep at night if you think the fix is in?

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Thanks for the black and white. I get that. Owners get their name on the cup as well.....so did they win the cup?
He didn't really win it.
Gotta win regular season games to get into the post season to at least have a shot of winning the cup. Fleury was the starter in PIT for years. Murray got hot in 16 at the right time and they rode him (Fleury was also injured at the time). Don't forget in 17 he won 2 of the 4 series. While he may not have been the guy in net the night they won't the cup, he was a big contributor to all 3 cups.

Reactions: maxmn

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Er, that was about the only time they've been competitive. If they could have capitalized on some of those opportunities and gone up 2-0 or 3-0, maybe the game looks different. I think frankly that's about the only game plan they can pull off that ends in victory. Not sure what else they can do to NOT gas themselves. Better to staple a Knight to the boards than let them keep skating with Kings chasing.

That's true, but correlation does not imply causation. I don't think that the fact that they hit everything and were competitive was because the one caused the other, but because both stemmed from coming out with determination and effort (because of being on home ice and down in the series). Nothing says that the only way to come out with determination and effort is to spend all of your energy hitting the other team, though.

Stevens definitely not a Sutter protege, if he was, this would have been more of a possession team all year instead of a collapse and pray team. That's a Terry Murray specialty. We went from top CF% team to middle of the pack/below. Sutter Kings were WAY different protecting leads, they kept coming.

If you're comparing the 2012-14 Kings that came in waves to this version, obviously the difference is striking, but there was also a striking difference between the 2012-14 and 2015-17 Kings, even though they were all Sutter teams. I'm comparing Stevens' team to Sutter's 2015-17 teams and seeing more similarities than differences. It's still defensive; it still relies on dumping and chasing, rather than carrying the puck into the zone; it still relies heavily on support and production from defensemen; it still uses its best players to kill penalties; it still has major problems with creating offense, and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

davethehammer

Jun 17, 2014
Lol nothing surprising here. Raiders moving in next year..gotta keep sports fans happy and buying stuff. Odds are Knights close it at home

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Tonight, good sers, we become Kingslayers.

gotta bring this one back

UoUp2nr.jpg

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So did you read what you wrote? Of the three cups he earned 1.5. Like I said RODE THE PINE.

In 3 cup appearances he rose the pine once.... '16.

He was 100% responsible for the 09 cup as far as being the goaltender.

And 17 he split 50% of the work.

Your comment whether intentional or not makes it seem like he was just riding pine for all 3 cups. That is false.

Not saying he is ROY JR. Because as a pens fan I'm well aware of his playoff meltdowns. But he had a fairly big hand in 2 out of his 3 cups.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So did you read what you wrote? Of the three cups he earned 1.5. Like I said RODE THE PINE.

The 1.5 means he did half the work during 3 cup runs. 1 full run, 0 of a run and half of another.

Cant wave off the half one either, because without him we lose to Washington last year.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
He won one as a starter, and won one as a backup.

This... only I also add that last year he split duties winning the CBJ series and WSH series.

Then won a game in Ottawa before dropping one and then Muzz was finally healthy and took back over for the remainder of the ECF and SCF.

But make no mistake MAF had a big hand in us winning last yr as well.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Gotta win regular season games to get into the post season to at least have a shot of winning the cup. Fleury was the starter in PIT for years. Murray got hot in 16 at the right time and they rode him (Fleury was also injured at the time). Don't forget in 17 he won 2 of the 4 series. While he may not have been the guy in net the night they won't the cup, he was a big contributor to all 3 cups.

I couldn't explain it better myself.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
This... only I also add that last year he split duties winning the CBJ series and WSH series.

Then won a game in Ottawa before dropping one and then Muzz was finally healthy and took back over for the remainder of the ECF and SCF.

But make no mistake MAF had a big hand in us winning last yr as well.

Yes, he truly deserved to touch the Stanley Cup in 2017.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
If Vegas can get a sweep that's a big big plus in the cup playoffs, rest is gold in this grind.

William Briscoe

Apr 13, 2018
Yeah, it's all a conspiracy. The agreement that had to be signed between Bettman and the Raiders for this elaborate ruse is hidden under Area 51.

These type of fans crack me up. "My team won because they are better! You all and your conspiracy theories! For shame!"
All majot sports are fixed to some degree. It's As Above, So Below. If world cup and soccer are fixed, the biggest sport in the world, you can damn well bet hockey is rigged to a degree as well.

William Briscoe

Apr 13, 2018
You Vegas fans can keep your butt ending Haula Hooper's, your axe swinging midget, your overhyped flower, your whining coach....and your refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->