WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I was rooting for the Avalanche to beat the Blues. However, that empty net celebration was super super cringey.

Avs score a goal, shutting down any chance the Blues have of coming back, and guarantee advancing to the playoffs. How dare they celebrate.

This post is an embarrassment to that glorious user name.

Reactions: Arnusson

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Like most I'm expecting the Avs to win one game at home. The season is already a success and anything beyond that is just gravy at this point. Hope the boys have fun and learn a few things, but without Varly & EJ any hope of an upset is slim to none.

Jost and Girard have been playing some of their best hockey down the stretch, so I expect them to make themselves noticed. Also think Kamenev will draw in against his former team at some point.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Avs score a goal, shutting down any chance the Blues have of coming back, and guarantee advancing to the playoffs. How dare they celebrate.

This post is an embarrassment to that glorious user name.

? Rhaegar was almost as terrible a politician as his father and almost certainly would've followed a similar path had he not gotten his family kicked out of power before ascending the throne.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
? Rhaegar was almost as terrible a politician as his father and almost certainly would've followed a similar path had he not gotten his family kicked out of power before ascending the throne.

Also, I heard he was a dragon fondler. Might just be be idle gossip, but where there is smoke...

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Avs need a ton of help since the Preds are stupid good, but I could see the winning 2 games at home and going to 6 games.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Personally, I’d rate the Avs pushing it to 6 games as a fantastic result.

The Preds are just far too deep.

Barring Bernier going into full barricade mode, this probably isn’t too long a series.

Reactions: Semyon Says

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Did a little looking around...

Past five playoffs the most common result for matchups that involve the top team in either conference is the top seed winning in six games. The top team has only lost one time over this timespan, and they have only swept the other team one time, those being the Hawks last year and the Ducks in 2015. No series has gone to seven. Half of the series went to six, so that seems like the safest bet here.

At the end of the day, it's unlikely that we will see the Preds lose, also unlikely to see them sweep. Avs take a couple at home where they can give the top line the matchups they want, get shutout on the road.

Reactions: MacBradley

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I'm going to take a gamble and say that the president's trophy curse finds another victim. Avalanche stun the predators in game 7.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Avs have nothing to lose and solid high end firepower but I think we'll be fine. It's ironic though that we get rid of Playoff Colin Wilson and then have to play him in his first round with the Avs. (His nickname was Playoff Colin Wilson because in Nashville he had this really odd ability to come out of nowhere and be a total beast in the playoffs despite doing nothing since October)

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Avs have nothing to lose and solid high end firepower but I think we'll be fine. It's ironic though that we get rid of Playoff Colin Wilson and then have to play him in his first round with the Avs. (His nickname was Playoff Colin Wilson because in Nashville he had this really odd ability to come out of nowhere and be a total beast in the playoffs despite doing nothing since October)
That would be nice because it's true, he's done mediocre work through the season and was injured a lot

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I've heard this from Preds fans, but let's just say that I'm not holding my breath on Captain Average turning it up for us.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

He fathered Aegon Targaryen. All transgressions have been forgiven ;)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He fathered Aegon Targaryen. All transgressions have been forgiven ;)

God I hope (f)Aegon is real. Would be amazing if Dany found out he was real the chapter after having had him roasted via Dragon. How perfect would that be? Dany finally showing up once the "legitimate" heir has brought peace to the kingdom only to murder his ass and plung the kingdom back into chaos in service of her own power grab.

I'm going to continue hoping that's the direction George goes unless he ever actually finishes the series.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN

Unfortunately for the Preds at the time, he really only got that nickname primarily based on a single playoffs.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Colorado playing with house money at this point, they completely blew me away as far as exceeding expectations.

Mikko Rantanen in particular is someone who has wow'd be this year (other than MacKinnon obviously)

Such speed and skill for a player that sized.

They are in a pretty bad position now because of injuries but this will be a good experience for them.

Preds in 5 is my prediction, but look out for Colorado going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad