GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneHakanPlease*

I talk a lot of **** about Filppula, but that was a great play for sure.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Gust of Win...one more time!

Flip with one dirty assist! What a play!

How can they give Palmieri the third star over Datsyuk...

And Nyquist the first star? Is a OT-winning goal automatic 1st Star or what?

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Seems like this game ended up opposite of game 1. Forwards showed up and Howard disappeared.

He was 'good enough to win' though and needs to prove his worth by rebounding from that ****show and displaying some confidence in the rest of this series. Can't let that collapse break him.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Ugly wins still count. They don't get extra points for winning it clean. One game at a time. Every great playoff run has some ugly wins.

Am I disappointed with the 3rd period effort? Yes. But they showed they can hang with the Ducks, got a win, and it's time to look forward to game 3.

Besides, your post failed to mention 5 goals from the offense. And that the powerplay actually produced. Franzen played great. Abdelkader was strong at both ends. You can take away some good things from this, too.

Ugly wins still count. When a significant number of your wins are ugly, you're probably not winning very much. Frankly I feel lucky to escape with this win. And I don't expect the team to get lucky very often.

In both games one and two so far, there have just been so many breakdowns. Good things too of course, but the problems exhibited make it hard to see the Wings progressing very far at all. Wings were quite fortunate to escape with a win tonight after that embarrassment of a third period.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Seems like this game ended up opposite of game 1. Forwards showed up and Howard disappeared.

He was 'good enough to win' though and needs to prove his worth by rebounding from that ****show and displaying some confidence in the rest of this series. Can't let that collapse break him.

Too true. His response in game 3 will tell us a lot moving forward. I think he'll settle back into his game at home realizing they got the win and no harm done.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Honestly, I think we benefit a great deal with home ice matchups. We held our own when we had the wrong guys out there and split the first two games.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Filppula is the 1st star in my books. He may have just saved the season. So many people (including me) have been hard on him this year. Because the whole I want 5 mil+ a year, people wanted to see so much more from him. But that play right there shoots him right back in my good books, at least for the time being. What a play.

Cal Vandelay

Apr 1, 2008
What a game!

Great to see Brunner and Gus get on the board, also great to see Fil look confident and make a great play to set up the winner. If this is any indication on how the rest of the series will go .. i will be a nervous wreck. GO WINGS

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
this is what I posted before the game

I thought Abby played great game 1. was surprised to see how much he improved

anyway my pregame ritual says Wings are going to score alot of goals and will chase Hiller away.

as you can see things were going well according to the plan.. I thought I might have turned into a hockey Nostradamus by the mid 2nd period. I admit I got little too cocky.

Then Flip takes a dumb penalty that leads to goal and shift in momentum. He tried hard after that but kept failing failing and lost majority of the battle. I was ready to get my car and kidnap him between period and drive off the cliff. Then he started to get his **** together. so I hope he continues.

I agree with most that our forwards played well.. except in our zone. too much standing around not doing anything by some players.

I thought our D were hit and miss. Kronner was taken to school all game long. our rookies were... well.. good to bad. Quincey definitely needs to work on his power skating during offseason. His skating is severely hindering his game.

obviously our breakout was excellent. great job by Defence, Foward and coach.

No further comment is necessary for Howard's performance tonight. Like everyone said, he needs to treat it like a giveaway goal and just play like his usual next game. god damn i really hope he can rebound. If not... we are going out in 5.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I just want to say that playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Abdelkader looks good. But people may disagree.

Dekeyser's injury is going to hurt, but maybe this means Ian White can show Detroit that he doesn't completely suck, or Colaiacovo can play for his contractual life.

Howard needs to be better. 4 goals, regardless of how bad the team played in front of him, is too many goals to give up.

The team needs to play better in general. The goaltending will not be the reason Detroit loses this series.

Good to get the W today, if they went down 2-0 moving back to Detroit, this series wouldn't end in Detroit's favor. They need to come out firing again in game 3.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Ducks fans crying about the refs right now

Yeah just saw that. Was lurking their GDT. Wow still pathetic as usual. Such a bandwagon mentality out there. And they accuse our fanbase for bandwagonning? I know it's amazing. It's playoff hockey. They usually let alot more go on both sides.:shakehead

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I just want to say that playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Abdelkader looks good. But people may disagree.

Dekeyser's injury is going to hurt, but maybe this means Ian White can show Detroit that he doesn't completely suck, or Colaiacovo can play for his contractual life.

Howard needs to be better. 4 goals, regardless of how bad the team played in front of him, is too many goals to give up.

The team needs to play better in general. The goaltending will not be the reason Detroit loses this series.

Good to get the W today, if they went down 2-0 moving back to Detroit, this series wouldn't end in Detroit's favor. They need to come out firing again in game 3.

The team played fine.

Some players were mismanaged in the third, like Brunner/Nyquist not seeing the ice much over a guy like Emmerton. Datsyuk not out for an important PK.

And Howard was just soft on two goals.

The pressure is going to come from the Ducks, but the team played well enoguh to withstand that minus a few miscues from the coach and Howard.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah just saw that. Was lurking their GDT. Wow still pathetic as usual. Such a bandwagon mentality out there. And they accuse our fanbase for bandwagonning? I know it's amazing. It's playoff hockey. They usually let alot more go on both sides.:shakehead

Let's keep in classy and not generalize a whole group of fans. There's squeaky wheels for all teams.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012

Explain how Ducks fans are bandwagoning, please.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Love that it is Perry and Getzlaf left standing in the slot as Wings score. Picture perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad