GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Was it just me who noticed the unbelieveable joy from the wings players jumping out on the ice after the OT winner, usually the joy, loud screams you hear after winning a playoff round, now they did it after winning a playoff game... can't remember the wings' players being this happy for a playoff win in recent years

Half of the players just won their first playoff game. I also love the passion far more then going through the motions.

RedWingsNow*

They had a 4-1 lead through two periods. That's not exerting themselves?:shakehead

Nerves, inexperience, and Howard led to a come back.

Guess what, they still won!:laugh:

No, it's not.
We got a couple fortunate goals -- goals that came out of the blue on Duck mistakes...

And then our powerplay helped us out..

Where as the Ducks just put their heads down, put the pedal to the metal and decided to take over the game.

I will say this --- Our powerplay is MUCH better and gives us a chance.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
:laugh:

Yeah, blowing a 4-1 lead in the third period is a great example of overcoming adversity.

Great point.

The Wings have yet to assert themselves in this series. And that's an issue.

They lost the lead and still came back with the win.

That is absolutely something they can learn from. Don't sit back, and close up those holes Howard.

But no, the Ducks were assertive letting those first 4 goals in and later capitalizing on poor goaltending, but the Wings taking advantage of powerplays and a weak start for Anaheim isn't anything to build on or learn from. Give me a break, Bob.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It is a luxury when you can learn from your mistakes on a win. Howard will be better and the young d won't rattle so easy.

The Ducks looked flat to start periods, Hiller was shaky, and were awful on the PK. They have their own issues to worry about.

Cal Vandelay

Apr 1, 2008
What is the latest on Helmer? I read he made the trip to Anaheim, anyone think he could return this year?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Did anyone catch Babcock's comments as to why he didn't call a timeout? Basically said he didn't want the crowd to get more pumped up with the delay. I find that to be ridiculous.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Did anyone catch Babcock's comments as to why he didn't call a timeout? Basically said he didn't want the crowd to get more pumped up with the delay. I find that to be ridiculous.

I swear...sometimes that guy makes me :facepalm:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
It is a luxury when you can learn from your mistakes on a win. Howard will be better and the young d won't rattle so easy.

The Ducks looked flat to start periods, Hiller was shaky, and were awful on the PK. They have their own issues to worry about.

The problem with the Ducks is that they don't have anyone to lean on. Getzlaf and Perry can take over games, but they don't handle pressure as well as some other greats in the league.

The Ducks were a better team this year, that's for sure. But they still have discipline problems and resort to whining which gets them into trouble. I like Hiller and Fasth, I've always thought Hiller is a good goalie, but he isn't going to be the difference. All the Wings have to do is limit mistakes and we can win this series without a doubt. There is little that separates them.

It's much easier for a team to blow a lead, than to compose themselves and find a way to win. That's what good teams do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad