GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'd prefer he didn't. We're going to be classy folks. I'm handing out the monocles. Top hat optional, but a plus.

I'd like a top hat.... :handclap:

Frustrating third period, but outside of that I thought it was a good game. Our offense got going big time, defense and goaltending needs to step up abit more. Sucks about DeKeyser too, hopefully that doesn't burn us too bad. I say White rejoins the lineup.

How about that Nyquist guy? :sarcasm: :yo:

RedWingsNow*

Ducks fans crying about the refs right now

Ducks fans have every right to be pissed by that call on Souray--- that call is pretty horrible given the time of the game and every thing taking place on the ice over the previous 30 seconds.

I don't like that call.

But I didn't like some of the weak calls on Detroit in the second period either. (Zetterberg/Flip).

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Ducks fans have every right to be pissed by that call on Souray--- that call is pretty horrible given the time of the game and every thing taking place on the ice over the previous 30 seconds.

I don't like that call.

But I didn't like some of the weak calls on Detroit in the second period either. (Zetterberg/Flip).

Considering that same guy got away with only 2 minutes for a very dangerous and unnecessary boarding play, I write it off as karma.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I feel like we lost that one. With Howards confidence crushed I don't know how we get to the next round.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I feel like we lost that one. With Howards confidence crushed I don't know how we get to the next round.

Really? Because previously he has never given up more than 2 goals in his life? And because he had an off night and his team bailed him out and got him the W anyway? My God, he may never be the same again...

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
He's made multiple good plays at both blue lines, keeping the Ducks from gaining the zone, and also keeping the puck in on the PP. He had a great assist on Brunner's goal, he's been physical, and up until that brain fart in front of the net he was playing diciplined as well.

The bar isn't exactly high, but I still feel like its close to the best game he's played as a Wing.
quincey was playing very well, imo, until the 3rd.

some of the d-men looked crappy

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close Pavel...gotta get it up
Didn't lift the puck. Not gonna complain, Pavs is the man. Just gotta :shakehead
they have many players who can handle the puck and pass and keep possession, but lack of natural goal scorers has been a problem for a long time.

Wasn't this the first overtime winner for the Wings since 2009?
i think since helm's goal vs chicago in '09 WCF. or maybe samuelsson's.

I don't like that call.

anaheim should have had a couple of PP's in 1st (kronwall's hook, emmerton's slash), but i assume they were not called b/c of koivu's dive, and anaheim was already on PP.

RedWingsNow*

Goalies have a short memory. Like that fish from Finding Nemo.

Goalies might.
But shooters don't.

And the Ducks shooters now know that can get into Howard's head.

The way Howard looked that shift after the 4th Duck goal -- If I'm the Ducks coach, i play video of that shift over and over.

He looked afraid.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Goalies might.
But shooters don't.

And the Ducks shooters now know that can get into Howard's head.

The way Howard looked that shift after the 4th Duck goal -- If I'm the Ducks coach, i play video of that shift over and over.

He looked afraid.

Hopefully he sees the team scored 5 and relax. He was red hot last 5-10 regular season games. We'll see if he can get back on track.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Well I sure hope he looked afraid after losing a 3 goal lead. But I think if you're the type of person whose confidence gets destroyed after a single bad game that you STILL end up getting the W for... you probably never make it to the NHL in the first place.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

I don't like that call.

Honorable to take off homer glasses. :handclap:

KingKopitar11*

Im jealous of your team. Never make trades, always draft really good players.

What is this sorcery. Please stop.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I think this might light a fire under Howards ass actually. He will come back with a vengeance ;)

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
What's up with Nyquist getting 8mins of icetime!?
don't know

That was the first Wings OT win against the Ducks in a while, right?

2003-Game 1
2003-Game 4
2007-Game 1
2007-Game 5
2009-Game 2

I guess you guys kind of deserved it :laugh:.
terrible OT record since at least 2000

2000: 0-1
2001: 0-2
2002: 2-4
2003: 0-2
2004: 0-2
2006: 1-1
2007: 2-2
2008: 1-1
2009: 2-2
2010: 0-1
2011: 0-2
2012: 0-0

8-20 :shakehead

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I'm almost sorry I went to bed. Except I had to be up in less than five hours after the third period ended.

Great ending.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Apparently everybody here knows what Howard's thinking, what his body language means, what ANAHEIM is thinking ABOUT Howard...

He played pretty ****** in the third, but he also helped us get to a 3-0 lead. And he's around for six more years and a top 10 goalie in the league. I'm not ready to label him a playoff choker just yet.

The penalty on the Ducks that led to 3rd/OT PP was bad, but it was closer to even throughout the night than not. I feel like Detroit would have gotten another in the first on the PP if not for the lame call on Brunner. Couple of weak ones on Z and Flip in the 2nd as well. The refs didn't hand the game to DET, and the Wings capitalized on their chances more often than not.

Anaheim deserved game 1 and I feel like Detroit deserved game 2 - series is even, seems about right. Looking forward to a 7:30ET start on Saturday.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Im jealous of your team. Never make trades, always draft really good players.

What is this sorcery. Please stop.

What do you mean, "never make trades"? We've acquired two conditional 7th round picks in less than a year! As far as I'm concerned we're on a spending spree.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Apparently everybody here knows what Howard's thinking, what his body language means, what ANAHEIM is thinking ABOUT Howard...

He played pretty ****** in the third, but he also helped us get to a 3-0 lead. And he's around for six more years and a top 10 goalie in the league. I'm not ready to label him a playoff choker just yet.

The penalty on the Ducks that led to 3rd/OT PP was bad, but it was closer to even throughout the night than not. I feel like Detroit would have gotten another in the first on the PP if not for the lame call on Brunner. Couple of weak ones on Z and Flip in the 2nd as well. The refs didn't hand the game to DET, and the Wings capitalized on their chances more often than not.

Anaheim deserved game 1 and I feel like Detroit deserved game 2 - series is even, seems about right. Looking forward to a 7:30ET start on Saturday.

I think Howard had an OKAY game. The boys stopped skating infront of him and you expect that sometimes with a 3-0 lead and a 4-1 lead. You get a sense that it is very hard to turn it back on after a 3 goal lead.

What I know is that Howard will play well and rarely gives up more than two goals. To me this series is really if Wings can score goals...last night was a good start, but we need to keep it up.

Datsyuk and Z were hitting people out there...amazing leadership.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Man, I was in the freaking bathroom and they of course finish it early in OT. I need to see this goal....

Haha, I had to piss SO BAD at the beginning of OT but I had this funny feeling that we'd score on the PP. Glad I waited and nearly pissed myself from joy.

Who starts a poop with OT looming?

There was a line and I couldn't wait anymore. What the hell do you want from me?!

Someone upload it!

Haha.

Prarie dogging it and then boom.
Nyquist explosion.

That's why I wear diapers for the playoffs.

You guys don't have flat screens in your bathrooms?:teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->