GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
apparently the refs won it for us. no, ducks fans, sorry, but your players stupidity, and in particular that dirty clown souray helped win it for us.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Filppula deserves 5 mil a year now because of that dirty toe drag. I woke up my whole household yelling there. What a finish haha. I can now relax again. wwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Everyone's givin nyquist props but that play was all filpulla 90% of players shoot that right into the d man wow

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Pretty awesome to see the Wings score 5. Pretty disappointing they allowed 4. But that's all that counts in the end.

If this was game 7 of the SCF, sure. That's all that matters.

But this is only game 2. And it points to big problems throughout our lineup. We won here, but our D is getting seriously exposed. Howard let in two softies. Several of our forwards are just not up to snuff or only show up for one shift a game or some other garbage.

Just big problems all around.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Whatever, not worth my time. This team played gutless hockey and left him out to dry. I don't care. I'm done for the night.

No use bickering about a win. Howard could have been better, but the team 3rd period effort was pretty bad, too. End of the day, the offense carried the load to a win, so commence the high fives.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Man, I was in the freaking bathroom and they of course finish it early in OT. I need to see this goal....

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
So we scored within the first 1:21 of each period...

1st - 0:48
2nd - 1:04
3rd - 0:20
OT - 1:21

That's insane.

Fine young man

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
www.hockeyiq.com
That game sure got the heart pumping. Incredible atmosphere in Anaheim.

Howard had a bad game but they still won this one. He usually recovers well tough, predicting a good game for him at the JLA.

crashman

Howie let in 1 soft goal, but the ducks took over that 3rd period. They hung him out to dry.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Man, I was in the freaking bathroom and they of course finish it early in OT. I need to see this goal....

Haha, I had to piss SO BAD at the beginning of OT but I had this funny feeling that we'd score on the PP. Glad I waited and nearly pissed myself from joy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If this was game 7 of the SCF, sure. That's all that matters.

But this is only game 2. And it points to big problems throughout our lineup. We won here, but our D is getting seriously exposed. Howard let in two softies. Several of our forwards are just not up to snuff or only show up for one shift a game or some other garbage.

Just big problems all around.

Ugly wins still count. They don't get extra points for winning it clean. One game at a time. Every great playoff run has some ugly wins.

Am I disappointed with the 3rd period effort? Yes. But they showed they can hang with the Ducks, got a win, and it's time to look forward to game 3.

Besides, your post failed to mention 5 goals from the offense. And that the powerplay actually produced. Franzen played great. Abdelkader was strong at both ends. You can take away some good things from this, too.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Ugly wins still count. They don't get extra points for winning it clean. One game at a time. Every great playoff run has some ugly wins.

Am I disappointed with the 3rd period effort? Yes. But they showed they can hang with the Ducks, got a win, and it's time to look forward to game 3.

Besides, your post failed to mention 5 goals from the offense. And that the powerplay actually produced. Franzen played great. Abdelkader was strong at both ends. You can take away some good things from this, too.

This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln