GDT: WCF - Game #4 Oilers host Avs 6pm MT: Just Win One Game, Then Work on the Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Sorry but get out of here with that. Skinner won't start over Smith. The only way this team can move forward is with a real starting goalie. Even an average starting goalie who doesn't give up games. Smith as backup is the only way.
Well, Holland has painted himself into a corner. He has Smith locked in for another year. Skinner is waiver exempt. Holland has no idea what Skinner can do at the NHL level. His choices are run with Skinner and Smith- trade Skinner and run with Holland's guy and Smith. No there options

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well, Holland has painted himself into a corner. He has Smith locked in for another year. Skinner is waiver exempt. Holland has no idea what Skinner can do at the NHL level. His choices are run with Skinner and Smith- trade Skinner and run with Holland's guy and Smith. No there options
He can run with 3. He can also send Smith to the minors which would eat roughly half his cap hit. It is what it is. But if Holland doesn't have a plan for upgrading goalie he deserves a series of swift kicks between the legs.

Reactions: McClelland

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Think the fatigue cratered Smith.
I'm sure that was a big factor. He's one of the older players in the league, and he's played a lot of hockey these past few weeks. I think Woody should've went with Koskinen at a couple more points in this series. But anyway, the Avs are the better team, so probably wouldn't have mattered.

Dirt McGintty

Jan 29, 2019
Its a Canadian broadcast and 3 times I've heard them talking about the AV's getting the "Killshot" goal against the sole Canadian team in the playoffs. Just beyond the pale that the Canadian telecast is cheering on the AV's.

Ron is just horrible.

Holloway or McLeod with the OT winner. ;)
I mean maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but did the broadcast at any point in this series suggest Edmonton as being Canada's team? That happens like every time there is one Canadian team left. Except this year the entire cast is butt hurt that Edmonton beat Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad