GDT: WCF - Game #4 Oilers host Avs 6pm MT: Just Win One Game, Then Work on the Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
156F6812-5887-4CB3-B969-AAEE7506C4EF.gif

Although the Boys are down 0-3, this has been a great Season for a Team that was headed for a mid-high Draft Pick when Woodcroft took over. This group has given us a lot to cheer for and I hope they can do so again tonight.​

I know Kane nor Kadri are not playing, but I needed to use Dailyfaceoff.com's Lineups.

Avs Fwds.jpg

Avs D.jpg

Avs G.jpg

and some memes for good luck and health
4ED9B197-9A56-48AA-8072-FD108D99CBB2.jpeg

DC6CF9E3-4325-441E-B834-3DD857E4EA54.gif

E592A399-CEF4-4BB3-8009-BA3A9C11E651.jpeg

0117F429-E590-4A04-8706-7786CDD0C320.jpeg

8626E46C-D28E-4C8C-A147-31576316C5C1.gif

A9B5E5D5-671A-4A89-ACBC-40F6433084F3.jpeg

93BD37DB-7B14-40DA-84A9-45DE8D2CC2A7.jpeg

96DB8676-069C-4187-BB5A-E869209B26F0.jpeg

ps. Pouring one out for our friend @5 min 4 ftg
E3EF3300-440A-4731-9B8C-C96CAC099559.gif

Last edited:

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I'd imagine the fact they beat Calgary 4 straight is in a lot of the team's heads right now. These guys are not wired like fans. They truly believe they can win the series.

1 game at a time. Before you know it, maybe we're back to Edmonton for game 6. There's literally 0 pressure on the Oilers right now.

If I were Woodcroft though, I'd be going Koskinen and inserting Niemelainen and Holloway

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'd imagine the fact they beat Calgary 4 straight is in a lot of the team's heads right now. These guys are not wired like fans. They truly believe they can win the series.

1 game at a time. Before you know it, maybe we're back to Edmonton for game 6. There's literally 0 pressure on the Oilers right now.

If I were Woodcroft though, I'd be going Koskinen and inserting Niemelainen and Holloway
Its easier to be the player, because you have an element of control. Fans are left to the wolves lol.

I truly believe players, even when the opposition scores, don't worry as much as fans do. As they feel confident they can get it back. Just doesn't always work. lol

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Truly vicious and dangerous check causing Kadri a life changing.... *checks notes* broken thumb.

It's a really bad look for Oilers fans to be defending this hit or downplaying the severity of it. You can break a guy's neck doing that dumb shit. Just because the result isn't as severe doesn't change how stupid of a play it was.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Truly vicious and dangerous check causing Kadri a life changing.... *checks notes* broken thumb.

Remember when he was writhing on ice and kicking his skates up and down as if he were critically injured. I do.

Its certainly the aspect of AV's and Lightning hockey that I dislike. How much the players play act and milk penalties.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I truly believe they can win the series, too.

Two of the 3 games were 1 goal games with Avs getting the bounces and the whistles. We probably won't get the whistle, but with some bounces and cleaning up a few of our mistakes we can certainly get a win. If we can get one, we can get two, three, four.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its easier to be the player, because you have an element of control. Fans are left to the wolves lol.

I truly believe players, even when the opposition scores, don't worry as much as fans do. As they feel confident they can get it back. Just doesn't always work. lol
I think all season this club has been too confident they can get goals back. Its a double edged sword. One can call it resilience, and never giving up, that kind of thing. But it runs counter to starting games good, taking initiatives and leads that Woodcroft wanted to employ. Instead the Oil continue to do it their way. "Feel their way into games" because they think they can. I'd rather be seeing a team that really thought it was important to jump out in games and lead.

Similarly this club is so confident in itself that they drop first games of series every time. When's the last time they even won a game 1. I can't remember.

Last edited:

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Not many guys get a broken neck going into the boards sideways...

Again, the RESULT of the hit doesn't downplay the severity of the action. Change the angle a few degrees and he could blow out his shoulder, break his neck etc. It's a dumb, dumb, dumb play, and Oiler fans trying to drum up excuses to downplay it is kind of embarrassing.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's a really bad look for Oilers fans to be defending this hit or downplaying the severity of it. You can break a guy's neck doing that dumb shit. Just because the result isn't as severe doesn't change how stupid of a play it was.
Nah. Kadri turned right into the boards, if you watch the replay enough you see that Kadri even embellishes the hit and propels himself somewhat to make it look like a mroe violent hit. Kadri figured he could milk the major and still be OK. he double crossed himself on it. I mean its been his M.O to engage in dirty plays and then try to milk calls whenever he gets tagged. The NHL seemingly gives no attention to the boy cries wolf syndrome, or they love it. I'm thinking the latter.

Wheres your comment like this anytime the Oilers are getting slew footed into the boards or the stick between the legs to send a guy head first into the boards. Its often the harder to see infractions that are the dirtiest of plays.

The Kane hit on Kadri was not entirely different than the Lucic hit on Smith.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

When did I defend the hit? I'm not a fan of it.

That being said... I'm frustrated. Kadri milked it for all it was worth and then some. And now we see he didn't even really sustain an injury, he's got a broken thumb. If Draisaitl or McDavid sustained the same injury they are still playing.

Then you add the league into the mix; that hit happens all day every day. Do I like it? No. But I can find you 10 examples or more from the past year that no one even looked twice at, one of them in this very playoffs. Even when other teams seem to cross the line, they don't get in trouble for often specious reasoning; "oh he let up, oh the injury was minor, oh imagine what would have happened if he tried to hurt him." Yet somehow none of this garbage applies to the Oilers.

Trouba has concussed 4 guys this playoffs with hits through the head to not even a minor penalty. But that ill advised shove is a suspension? Jensen had to literally crawl to his bench and couldn't remember his own name.

But f*** Kane and the Oilers, Kadri has a thumb booboo.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Nah. Kadri turned right into the boards, if you watch the replay enough you see that Kadri even embellishes the hit and propels himself somewhat to make it look like a mroe violent hit. Kadri figured he could milk the major and still be OK. he double crossed himself on it. I mean its been his M.O to engage in dirty plays and then try to milk calls whenever he gets tagged. The NHL seemingly gives no attention to the boy cries wolf syndrome, or they love it. I'm thinking the latter.

Wheres your comment like this anytime the Oilers are getting slew footed into the boards or the stick between the legs to send a guy head first into the boards. Its often the harder to see infractions that are the dirtiest of plays.

The Kane hit on Kadri was not entirely different than the Lucic hit on Smith.

You've got to be f***ing kidding me 🤣.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Again, the RESULT of the hit doesn't downplay the severity of the action. Change the angle a few degrees and he could blow out his shoulder, break his neck etc. It's a dumb, dumb, dumb play, and Oiler fans trying to drum up excuses to downplay it is kind of embarrassing.
An on ice collision, unintended, is one of the most dangerous plays in hockey which is a dangerous sport, inherently. The hit Kane made happens in the NHL basically every day games get played. it isn't unique, worse than, anything like that. What the Oilers fans get pissed off at is that the DOPS is a farce. That isn't their actual mission at all. Rather than player safety being the leading concern its game and result management while giving some clubs license to maim.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta

That being said... I'm frustrated. Kadri milked it for all it was worth and then some. And now we see he didn't even really sustain an injury, he's got a broken thumb. If Draisaitl or McDavid sustained the same injury they are still playing.

Then you add the league into the mix; that hit happens all day every day. Do I like it? No. But I can find you 10 examples or more from the past year that no one even looked twice at, one of them in this very playoffs. Even when other teams seem to cross the line, they don't get in trouble for often specious reasoning; "oh he let up, oh the injury was minor, oh imagine what would have happened if he tried to hurt him." Yet somehow none of this garbage applies to the Oilers.

Trouba has concussed 4 guys this playoffs with hits through the head to not even a minor penalty. But that ill advised shove is a suspension? Jensen had to literally crawl to his bench and couldn't remember his own name.

Have you ever broken your thumb? Honest question. If you had, you would not think Kadri is milking it there. It is horrendously painful.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

This. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Have you ever broken your thumb? Honest question. If you had, you would not think Kadri is milking it there. It is horrendously painful.

Kadri has a history of head hunting and a myriad of other dirty shit. What goes around comes around.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It is a bit embarrassing, I noted that in the GDT when it happened when people were actually applauding Kane's actions.

It was a dumb, reckless and dangerous play by Kane. I don't care that it's Kadri on the other end of it (even though, yes, there's a bit of karma at play here), that's the type of play that can potentially alter or end the career of a player. It wasn't a vicious push by Kane but it doesn't take much when a player is in that position that close to the boards to really cause damage.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
An on ice collision, unintended, is one of the most dangerous plays in hockey which is a dangerous sport, inherently. The hit Kane made happens in the NHL basically every day games get played. it isn't unique, worse than, anything like that. What the Oilers fans get pissed off at is that the DOPS is a farce. That isn't their actual mission at all. Rather than player safety being the leading concern its game and result management while giving some clubs license to maim.

Enlighten me with some snapshots of how that play happens everyday games are played. I bet you can find some scattered videos throughout the years (Crosby, Hagel, Mcdavid against Ana), but that statement is complete and utter bullshit. It's a horrible, braindead hit.

DOPS is a joke yes. But it's honestly embarrassing to see Oiler fans somehow trying to spin it like it isn't a big deal.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You've got to be f***ing kidding me 🤣.
Several people on the board felt Kadri did this and a fair number of players do turn into the boards when they sense such a hit. Pro players realize they can control the fall somewhat, but make it look good. Turning into the boards to get a call on a hit from behind is a tactic that people have called out multiple times. It adds its own danger.

My only surprise in the whole sequence is that Kadri didn't come back immediately on the 5 minute PP. lol at the broadcast milking this as well saying 15 times he's probably in concussion protocol. oh probably seriously injured and maimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad