Post-Game Talk: WCF - Game 4 - Anaheim 3 at Nashville 2 (OT) - Series Tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Johansen would get an earful from me if I were coaching. He never shoots. He has about 16 shots in 14 playoff games. On the pp he's always trying to thread the needle on cross ice garbage and passing up clear shots from 20 feet.

He's getting absurdly predictable.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Johansen would get an earful from me if I were coaching. He never shoots. He has about 16 shots in 14 playoff games. On the pp he's always trying to thread the needle on cross ice garbage and passing up clear shots from 20 feet.

He's getting absurdly predictable.

I've said this and the response is he puts up points. That's not good enough. Stop looking for the pass all the time. If you have a shot, take it. Our PP looks like a disaster with Johansen on the half wall looking for a pass and nobody moving so he'll pass it to a d-man who will pass it back to him and he'll hold it and then pass it back to a d-man who will fake a slap shot and then pass it to the other d-man who will fake a slap shot and then he'll pass it back to the other d-man who will take a one timer that gets blocked.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Makes me wonder if Fisher is out if they will opt to go Sissons, Jarnkrok, Fiddler, or throw caution to the wind and throw a guy in like Kamanev and hope for some offense. I'm guessing the Fiddler route, but thats ugh.

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
There is a interview of Pekka in the Finnish media and in the article they brought this up:
20u39xj.png

Apparently Perry butt-ended him to the face, but luckily it only hit the helmet. Really, really dangerous move that should result a suspension - atleast in regular season. With worse luck, could have hit an eye or something.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
There is a interview of Pekka in the Finnish media and in the article they brought this up:
Apparently Perry butt-ended him to the face, but luckily it only hit the helmet. Really, really dangerous move that should result a suspension - atleast in regular season. With worse luck, could have hit an eye or something.
Perry is one of the biggest cowards I've seen to play the game, reminds me a lot of Claude Lemieux. Very few others deserve a Scott Stevens-esque hit over open ice to set them straight.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Since when is it ok to leave your feet and knee someone in the head for any reason. If he wasn't in good position to play the puck jumping over another player shouldn't be an option. It is just way to dangerous...

If Fisher is out we are going to have problems. His faceoffs are going to be missed and we are already having trouble in that area this series...

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Even though Fisher has been a black hole offensively, I think we're in trouble if he's out. Center depth of Johansen - Jarnkrok - Sissons - Fiddler is scary.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
It was when Forsberg tied the game, he flipped over Manson and landed awkwardly I believe?

Nah it was when the Ducks player vaulted over Fisher's back to bat that puck out of the air near the crease; his hip/knee hit Fish in the head. Didn't look great given Fish's reaction.

And the Ducks played a great road game; almost stole it, but ANA deserved the win. On to the next one. Credit to the boys for coming back to tie it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
When Forsberg tied it I've never reacted like that in 19 years of Preds hockey. The OT intermission I was telling my friends that this was either going to be the best or the most deflating game ever. We win that game and there's some serious feeling that something special could be brewing, the way we keep finding ways to win no matter what. We lose that game and all the exhilaration of what we saw to end the 3rd period was great but empty because it meant nothing. Well, unfortunately it turned out to be the latter.

Honestly, if I'm Anaheim, it's not like we're throwing a party on the team plane for that win either. They played a really good game but they damn near blew it and happened to get a bounce in OT to put it away. It's a good game for them to look back on but it probably isn't anything they're thinking we can't recover from.

Onward I guess. Everyone and their cat knew this series was going 6 or 7 for better or worse, so here we go.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Nah it was when the Ducks player vaulted over Fisher's back to bat that puck out of the air near the crease; his hip/knee hit Fish in the head. Didn't look great given Fish's reaction.

Yeah, didn't look good.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If I was the coach, I would tell the guys for the next game just make sure they are skating/moving their feet and flying out there. When they do that they are a dangerous team but when they sit back like they did that first period it usually doesn't end well. I want to see a whole 3 periods of the guys flying out there and attacking. I know it's tiring to do that but this is the playoffs. No time to be slacking off/resting. You can do that in the post season. You want to win the next two games then you better be working hard/working your butt for it, especially against this Anaheim team. They need to stay focus on and be working their tail off. If they do that, their chances of winning will be greater. They need to go back to how they played in game 3 to be successful where they were consistently moving their feet, had most of the possession, and put a bunch of shots on goal. Also they need to be better at passing the puck to each other, they weren't great passing the puck to each other in that first period which lead to Anaheim getting most of the possession in that period. This Anaheim team seems to score on their chances and so need to limit their possession time.

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
The Fisher knee to the head reminded me of a football type blow to the head, except football helmets offer more cushion and a face mask for protection.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Since when is it ok to leave your feet and knee someone in the head for any reason. If he wasn't in good position to play the puck jumping over another player shouldn't be an option. It is just way to dangerous...

If Fisher is out we are going to have problems. His faceoffs are going to be missed and we are already having trouble in that area this series...

Honestly, it is tough to blame that on the Ducks player. He was just jumping to knock the puck out of a danger area. He completely flipped over and landed on his head. Bad luck for Fisher though. That shows how hard the impact must have been. I imagine that he either has a concussion or a broken jaw. His loss was huge in overtime. Our centers were gassed.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
The night that the magic ran out...

This one was a kick to the nuts. We had a miraculous come back, and it just felt like we were destined to win....until we didn't. Our home ice winning streak ended. Our winning streak when giving up the first goal ended. Our stranglehold on the series ended. We went from cup favorites to having a less than 50/50 shot at advancing.

You'd have to guess that Fisher will be out which is a huge blow. We didn't have great center depth with him. Without him, we are in trouble down the middle.

Sorry for the doom and gloom this morning. It certainly isn't over, but the feeling has definitely changed. That's playoff hockey though. One goal completely changes the complexion of the series. We just need to go out and win the next one and things switch back in our favor again.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
With Fish out next game, I really hope they put Smith in and spread some of the offense around. Roll something along the lines of:

Wilson - Johansen - Neal
Forsberg - Jarnkrok - Smith
Aberg - Sissons - Arvidsson
McLeod - Fiddler - Watson

Joey and Neal can carry that top line. Forsberg can carry the second line and hopefully Smith is rested and rejuvenated cause Hook isn't doing much right now. Aberg looked good last game, hopefully Arvy can stay a threat on the third.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
With Fish out next game, I really hope they put Smith in and spread some of the offense around. Roll something along the lines of:

Wilson - Johansen - Neal

Joey and Neal can carry that top line. Forsberg can carry the second line and hopefully Smith is rested and rejuvenated cause Hook isn't doing much right now. Aberg looked good last game, hopefully Arvy can stay a threat on the third.

I know we have racked up some injuries but this lineup is starting to look gross. Ugh.

Smashville Stroke

Apr 25, 2016
Lawrenceburg, TN

Wilson - Johansen - Neal

If Smith can go, I would try Wilson - Sissons - Smith. They had chemistry over the last few regular season games. Keep JOFA, and run Aberg - Jarnkrok - Neal.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Honestly, it is tough to blame that on the Ducks player. He was just jumping to knock the puck out of a danger area. He completely flipped over and landed on his head. Bad luck for Fisher though. That shows how hard the impact must have been. I imagine that he either has a concussion or a broken jaw. His loss was huge in overtime. Our centers were gassed.

I don't see the play as he was intending to injure anyone or anything like that. I understand why he did what he did. I just don't think that should be allowed in hockey. Way to dangerous to be leaving your feet like that over the top of other players. Very high chance of someone getting seriously hurt and Fisher got the worst of it.

They did show a cut around Fisher's eye during the intermission. Lets hope that is all it is and nothing to serious. Although that alone can be pretty serious as it looked like blood was coming from his eye and not around it....

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
They did show a cut around Fisher's eye during the intermission. Lets hope that is all it is and nothing to serious. Although that alone can be pretty serious as it looked like blood was coming from his eye and not around it....
They show Fisher a couple times here and at about 30 seconds you can see him being cut next to the eye

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I am hoping it is a cut as well and not a concussion. We'll have a better idea today and if he makes the trip to Anaheim or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad