Post-Game Talk: WCF - Game 4 - Anaheim 3 at Nashville 2 (OT) - Series Tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Pretty sure Joey just had a bad night, wasn't anything to do with Kesler, he wasn't even on the ice very often with Kesler. Our downfall was our inability to score on the PP (again), a terrible 1st period, and at least 1 goal that shouldn't have been let in (1st goal).

Johansen took 26 faceoffs...11 of which vs Kesler. If I'd have to grade Laviolette, he wouldn't get a pass for that. He had the last change.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Hopefully this game will light a fire under their ***** and they'll start playing a proper full 60 minutes like used at the start of playoffs. I felt like the Preds were starting to get a little complacent as of late and I pray that tonight's result will put them back on track.

There's also a chance that we see a completely broken Preds team on Saturday but we gotta stay positive!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Hopefully this game will light a fire under their ***** and they'll start playing a proper full 60 minutes like used at the start of playoffs. I felt like the Preds were starting to get a little complacent as of late and I pray that tonight's result will put them back on track.

There's also a chance that we see a completely broken Preds team on Saturday but we gotta stay positive!
That would be surprising. The only recent playoff effort like that I remember was game 7 vs the Sharks and that was complete physical exhaustion. They have been very resilient this postseason and still have yet to trail in a series. Here's hoping that continues.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
It's a tied series so still anybody's game. Going to need to win a game at least in their barn though and hopefully it's the next one. Whatever happens so far every game has pretty much been a one goal game difference and it's been a tightly/evenly matched series.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Broken? How? They started the game a bit too casual...probably thought they would win anyway while the Ducks were desperate. The whole dynamic changed when the Preds came out to play for the 2nd. It was just too little too late. If the Preds don't miss the 1st period, the Ducks are likely to tire out sooner or later. They would have been empty in OT.

The Fisher injury is a major concern. But even without him...if the Preds play their game, they should be fine.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Broken? How? They started the game a bit too casual...probably thought they would win anyway while the Ducks were desperate. The whole dynamic changed when the Preds came out to play for the 2nd. It was just too little too late. If the Preds don't miss the 1st period, the Ducks are likely to tire out sooner or later. They would have been empty in OT.

The Fisher injury is a major concern. But even without him...if the Preds play their game, they should be fine.

What I meant by broken is sometimes an overtime loss can really crush a team. The rollercoaster of emotions can really drain you, especially when you're on the losing side of it.

But like Iron Duke said, it would be unlikely to see them come out that way considering how resilient they've been all post-season. Just gotta hope for the best!

Also, I apologize to you guys for butting in your GDTs/PGTs/etc this season and playoffs. I started following your team for obvious reasons but I've grown really attached to them as the year went on!

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Can I blame this loss on Kelly Clarkson? :) There can only be one AI singing at the game it seems and we all know which one that is.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
That was probably the most frustrating and disappointing loss I've ever endured as a Preds fan.

Hopefully it isn't topped within the next week.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well if the team doesn't come out and play like a desperate team especially the next game then I would give the Ducks the edge over winning this series. I liked it better when we were the underdogs and not the favorites as the team just seemed to play harder/better when nobody gave them a chance to win. This series with them not being the underdogs they imo seem to come out too casual in the games where they are up in the series especially in the first period and not like someone that is fighting for their lives to win a hockey game every game in the series and for all 3 periods. Preds need to treat every game like it's elimination night and have their foot on the pedal for all three periods or it may come back to bite them in the butt next time and be a game where they won't be able to come back from. This team needs to decide if they are just content w/ getting past the second round or if they want to actually be in the Stanley Cup final for a chance at the Stanley cup, an opportunity that doesn't come by very often. I would think a team that worked so hard to get this far would choose the later and be busting their butts/fighting for their lives for all three periods to get a win. Can't have the type of period we had in the first and expect to win.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What I meant by broken is sometimes an overtime loss can really crush a team. The rollercoaster of emotions can really drain you, especially when you're on the losing side of it.

But like Iron Duke said, it would be unlikely to see them come out that way considering how resilient they've been all post-season. Just gotta hope for the best!

Nah. Since they were dominating all series long they were a bit too confident going into this one. They also dominated in this one except for the 1st period. They know they're the better team so an OT loss isn't gonna change too much. If anything, it has a positive effect and they realized they have to match the compete level of the Ducks in order to win.

Losing Fisher could be mor of a problem. No center depth in the organization and he's also one of the leaders.

sooner

Jan 8, 2009
Fisher was kneed in the head when a duck jumped up to swat at the puck. Hit him pretty hard.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
How did Fisher get hurt? Didn't get to see it.

Ducks fan coming in peace... it was when Manson jumped in the air in front of Gibson to knock a puck out of the air and he flipped over Fisher and cut him doing so. They showed a replay of it but I can't find it

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Ducks fan coming in peace... it was when Manson jumped in the air in front of Gibson to knock a puck out of the air and he flipped over Fisher and cut him doing so. They showed a replay of it but I can't find it

Oh okay. Thanks.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Ducks are so dirty and the refs let them get away with it consistently..........

Our pp is soooo bad. Please fix immediately

We were flat.

I think I hate the ducks more than all the rest.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN

I don't think that was a cut. I think it was Manson's knee hitting him in the side of the head. Classic concussion situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad