d86DoQU.jpg

BQSFtxQ.png

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Let's goooooo! Expect this first period to be the toughest we have seen ever. I mean in the history of a Nashville hockey club existing. The Ducks are going to want to try to get the crowd calmed down and establish their bruising style immediately. Expecting Rinne to get run at early and often. I expect them to pull out all the stops and the level of dirty play to be off the charts infuriating. If we can push back. If we can get a goal. If we can jam them up in the neutral zone. We will get in their heads if we can do that in the the first period. Let's ****ing go boys!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Score a goal early and I think it takes the wind right out of them. Skate hard, fast, and don't take stupid penalties and we should win this game on attrition alone. Last game showed they are wearing down, so keep it up and this series just got a whole lot easier to end.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I do expect Anaheim to come out in desperation mode. However, I also think they are showing signs of a team fighting fatigue much like we did last year late in the SJ series. And I think they are a team with fragile confidence right now.

If we could come out tonight flying like we were Tuesday and jump all over them, maybe getting an early goal- I am not sure how they would respond.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
From their interviews, Ducks are going to come out hard/full force tonight and try to run at and get traffic at Rinne like the Preds did to their goalie in game 3. Our guys are going to have to play hard both defensively and offensively like they did in game 3 and probably even more so. Hopefully if we do that we can make them fatigue/tired and wear them out. Ducks just seem to have a way to get back into series so guys are going to have to show up and give their best effort if they want to come out w/ a win. They better be prepare and w/ their battle gear on and score some goals. Going to need our five man unit all to show up.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
What a HUGE game. Guys, this is your chance. TAKE THIS THING.

I'm as nervous as a fruit fly in a genetics class.

Go Preds!

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Gibson is their weak spot. He is fragile. If we put pressure on him early he will probably crack. if he cracks, they crack. Last game early we generated lots of good mid range chances against him. but those chances were with him looking square at the shooter. we need those chances to also come with traffic and people driving the net to screen and/or distract him.

drop the frigging puck already and let's go win this thing.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I do expect Anaheim to come out in desperation mode. However, I also think they are showing signs of a team fighting fatigue much like we did last year late in the SJ series. And I think they are a team with fragile confidence right now.

If we could come out tonight flying like we were Tuesday and jump all over them, maybe getting an early goal- I am not sure how they would respond.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

The last half of 2nd period and 3rd period Ducks looked very tired. I hope that trend continues tonight. Roll 4 lines and run them ragged.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Gibson is their weak spot. He is fragile. If we put pressure on him early he will probably crack. if he cracks, they crack. Last game early we generated lots of good mid range chances against him. but those chances were with him looking square at the shooter. we need those chances to also come with traffic and people driving the net to screen and/or distract him.

drop the frigging puck already and let's go win this thing.

While that's true, you could say the same for Rinne this series. Goaltending has been the clear weak spot for the Preds so far as well. The series should probably be 3-0 right now, but given how solid he had been prior to this series, I'm certainly not going to harp on it.

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
Not sure how I feel about this one. They're the first team since '98 or '99 to win 10 straight home playoff games, so the odds and history are sort of against them.

On the other hand, I just heard from my father-in-law that he got us tickets for game six since that's on my birthday. I think that just about guarantees the Preds take the series in five, which would be fine with me BTW.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If it weren't for him we'd be up 3-0 right now.
I heard Chris Mason say that he didn't think Gibson was playing that well, and that he's making easy saves look really impressive at times. While I think there's something to that I do think as a whole he's played better than I expected/hoped.

Not trying to be naive here but I'm confident.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
My prediction before the series began was it would mimic the Blues series. So far I'm correct with a W-L-W. So I'm hoping for a win tonight and keep our home ice advantage. If we can have a first period scoreline like last night's Senators game then I'm ok with that. :sarcasm:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Not sure how I feel about this one. They're the first team since '98 or '99 to win 10 straight home playoff games, so the odds and history are sort of against them.

don't buy into the gamblers fallacy. Past performance(other than possibly game 3) has zero impact on what happens tonight

On the other hand, I just heard from my father-in-law that he got us tickets for game six since that's on my birthday. I think that just about guarantees the Preds take the series in five, which would be fine with me BTW.

sounds like a good birthday present either way

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I just said in the Observations thread that this game is incredibly important (duh, lol)...

I'd rather go into game 6 with a 3-2 lead, than go into game 5 with a 2-2 tie. And I don't think I really need to say I'd rather go into game 5 with a 3-1 lead and just put it away as quickly as possible

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Have to say as a Sens fan, the atmosphere and support from your fans is something to behold. Loving watching the games on tv and seeing the place go wild. Keep it up.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
You mean if Rinne wouldn't have let in 3 terrible goals in game 2 we'd be up 3-0.

I would be really careful to criticize a 94 % goalie. Most teams would love to a have a goalie that can raise his level when the real games begin.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I would be really careful to criticize a 94 % goalie. Most teams would love to a have a goalie that can raise his level when the real games begin.

Oh trust me I've been more than happy with Rinne's play this post season but even he would admit those are 3 goals that he should have stopped.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

It's less to do about that and more to do about 3-4 identical goals that a .500 goalie could have stopped. There were no screens, and they were all placed in the same spot and from a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille