GDT: WCF #1 | "Mc Versus Mac" | Oilers @ Avalanche | May 31 2022, 6:00PM MT | SN, CBC, TNT/630CHED, KKSE-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I've said this before every series that this run is primarily for the younger fans that haven't been able to see something like this. So glad people are getting this chance here, its been such a longtime. This buds for you. Every generation of sports fan should be able to witness something like this. Hopefully this run is the one.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ok, now that I'm recovered from the Holiday weekend festivities, the hype is starting to build for tonight.

I'm at an interesting place mentally when it comes to this playoff run. I'm not nearly as nervous as I was to start the BoA because I felt like the Oilers HAD TO win that series, no ifs ands or buts. It would either end in complete elation or devastation (on a sports fan level), there was no in between, it felt like a Stanley Cup finals in a way.
Now, it feels sort of like a big weight has been lifted like so much of the emotion was expended in the BoA and that they're playing with house money now BUT in the same token, when you get to The Final 4 so close to that Cup, you're at the point where it should be Cup or bust so... bottom line? Lets shock the world Oilers and piss off all the haters. Edmonton vs. Everybody as far as I'm concerned.

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
2ysl9XW.png

@MoreDifferentS just came here to say, as one GDT creator to another, that this was very well done.

Good luck guys!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Rishaug had a pretty good take on the mandate this morning. Basically said if Nuge shows up with his A game tonight in Game 1 we should have a good chance to take it and put ourselves in a good position in the series.

Nuge is the poster boy for easing his way into games/series. He needs to find a way to overcome that tonight and be the guy deeper in the lineup that wins us the game.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Cup or bust, dont know why posters are becoming satisfied with being happy to be in the WCF...
This is a team that before now has won a SINGLE playoff round since 2006. I am excited as hell being here. Winning the cup would be better for sure, but being this far after all that is a success to me.

I have zero expectations for game 1 but high expectations for game 2.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nothing signals the arrogance of AV's fans more than them assuming Barrie being our top D. For no other reason than he's a former AV so that their castoff just has to be our top D lol. I mean I don't dislike Barrie but they talk about him more than any defender we have while deducing if Barrie is our best D, our D must suck.

Apparently they've never heard of Nurse, Ceci, 3 time cup winner Duncan Keith (playing well) Kulak, or Bouchard rocketing a few pucks in the net and who they'll know before series is over. We hope its for good reasons and not Bouchard blown coverage. Still think we should be running with 7D insurance incase somebody is f***ing up. Likely to be more break glass emergencies in this series than against the hapless Flames.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This is a team that before now has won a SINGLE playoff round since 2006. I am excited as hell being here. Winning the cup would be better for sure, but being this far after all that is a success to me.

I have zero expectations for game 1 but high expectations for game 2.
And for me, this run now shows the core players and the rest of the league that this core can go on a run. Should be good for preparing them for the next couple years and shut up the theories that they'll ask for a trade to a contender.

I don't think they will win the cup this year, but at least now it feels like they can win the cup. It's just whether it's only 4 weeks from today or in the next couple years which is why I'm much less stressed about this series than I was about the LA series or Winnipeg series last year.

My biggest worry about next year was always the cap, but this run is also helpful to deal with that as you will now see guys willing to try the one year cheap contract to inflate their stats while possibly also getting a cup run. Runs like this where your two best players obliterate the competition in a playoff run make players want to sign up for the ride, but that's for another day.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad